Oil Sands are Alberta staples

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Mining is not feasible with 200m of overburden..it will be produced by SAGD methods....
"shut down the oil sands" haha kind of a silly site...ain't gonna happen...

Yes I believe there is one in Regina as well but it would use heavy or light crude for feedstock..
The slurry will be coming soon.

Some processes use steam injection to heat it up so it will flow. Venezuela uses natural gas to be used to pressure up the hole so it flows, when the hole is dead the gas is collected and sent to market. I'm not sure if we do that method or not

In the find below would it be mined or pumped? 200M overburden
Tar Sands slowly Expanding into northwest Saskatchewan | Oil Sands Truth: Shut down the Tar Sands
I'm gonna help learn ya something.....Read this and then point out where it mentions anything about Athabascan oil sands.

http://www.wbpc.ca/assets/File/2011...ski Updates 2011 Saskatchewan oil and Gas.pdf

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
Your reference was from 1984...that is the year I worked on the pilot for the SAGD process..which is basically what the paper was all about...
The first trial was actually done in the Ft. Mac area...some real heavy oil in the Cold Lake are does use steaM stimulation as well..

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll tell you this sweetheart. it sure as **** isn't sweet crude that was the source of the gasoline in your tank. Are you going to sell your car and never drive again. Buses run on it too. Same goes for the truck, train and ships that moved all the good around to build your bicycle. Oh oh. Shoes....made from oil too. Now you'll have to walk barefoot.

You'll have to give up eating too because food in Canada is produced using heavy oil sourced diesel, fertilizer and herbicides.

Your reference was from 1984...that is the year I worked on the pilot for the SAGD process..which is basically what the paper was all about...
The first trial was actually done in the Ft. Mac area...some real heavy oil in the Cold Lake are does use steaM stimulation as well..
A nice big coal/nat gas co-jet powerplant will be the ticket for both steam and CO2 recovery. The nuclear industry needs the power too.

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
Surely you mean "co-gen"...nuclear will make a big comeback...the only real obstacle is the enviro nazi lobby

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Surely you mean "co-gen"...nuclear will make a big comeback...the only real obstacle is the enviro nazi lobby
co-gen is using waste heat to make electricty, co-jet is compressed nat gas, nitrogen and oxygen fired at the mid point of a coal boiler to completely burn off as much of the coal gases as possible.

SK nuclear industry is growing at an intense pace.

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
Of course..why didnt' you say so in the first place..
.I'm working on a EOR project right now that uses CO2 flood...but the gas comes from the underground reservoirs and not from plant effluents...carbon sequestration like they are going to do in Alberta is a scam...along with carbon tax and cap and trade scams...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Of course..why didnt' you say so in the first place..
.I'm working on a EOR project right now that uses CO2 flood...but the gas comes from the underground reservoirs and not from plant effluents...carbon sequestration like they are going to do in Alberta is a scam...along with carbon tax and cap and trade scams...
So it's better to import CO2 from Minnesota rather produce it from a carbon capture system at a powerplant like the one that has already gotten underway?

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
Yes of course...the EOR in southern Sask. is using local CO2 reservoirs so they don't import it from the states..
CCS is political bull****...there is no need to strip CO2 out of power plant stacks...they should concentrate on pollution and not a trace gas essential for life on the planet....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They aren't using local. It's still imported.

Do you know why they want to use from the powerplant? So they can burn sour gas instead of sweet without any H2S issues.

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
They are using from local reservoirs in the western part of the province I was there last month....I don't know about the Weyburn area they might still be getting it from the states..

The power plants the want to use it in are coal plants near Edmonton.