Oil Sands are Alberta staples

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Unlike Ontario, who use American technology to put their cars together and are subsidized by the Canadian taxpayer, he is showing people like you that Westerners do have the technical skills to compete on a world wide basis without any subsides from the Fed government.

That must be why the National Research Council in Ottawa has been involved in Tar Sands projects and technology for a few decades.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
That must be why the National Research Council in Ottawa has been involved in Tar Sands projects and technology for a few decades.

Yeah, they wanted to be involved so they were sent some shovels to clean. That will keep them busy for a while.
They, like you, still hav'nt learned to call it by it's proper name, Oil Sands, so I guess it's pretty typical for easterns to be such slow learners.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
They, like you, still hav'nt learned to call it by it's proper name, Oil Sands, so I guess it's pretty typical for easterns to be such slow learners.

You are simply going along with the 'politically correct' idea where you change the name of something in order to change its image.

I'm a bit surprised that someone like you would be politically correct, but everyone is different I suppose. Enjoy yourself, I'm sure your public masturbator ravings please you in some intense way.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
You are simply going along with the 'politically correct' idea where you change the name of something in order to change its image.
ay.
It's not a question of being politically correct, it's a question of being technically correct.
Consider this your lesson for today !!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's not a question of being politically correct, it's a question of being technically correct.

Since when have you been concerned with being `technically`correct?

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
He seems to be the only one on this thread that has a clue...
Ottawa only became interested in the oil sands after GCOS and Syncrude became sucessful after 20yrs of investment by Alberta and Sunoco...and now they want to control it...
They can get stuffed...it isn't a "Canadian resource" as that moron Dalton says and most eastern morons concur...it is an Alberta resource...

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

You might want to learn the history of the industry, when you're done worry about your politically-correct language.

Here's the official Government of Alberta view of the debate:
"The hydrocarbon mixtures found in northern Alberta have historically been referred to as tar, pitch or asphalt. However, 'oil sands' is now used most often to describe the naturally occurring bitumen deposits.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not in Ottawa, in Regina at the PTRC along with dozens of oil companies. But apparently we need AB people to show us how.

He seems to be the only one on this thread that has a clue...
Ottawa only became interested in the oil sands after GCOS and Syncrude became sucessful after 20yrs of investment by Alberta and Sunoco...and now they want to control it...
They can get stuffed...it isn't a "Canadian resource" as that moron Dalton says and most eastern morons concur...it is an Alberta resource...
Really? How did my potash become a "strategic asset" in the eyes of the Canadian economists and Fed Govt?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
You might want to learn the history of the industry, when you're done worry about your politically-correct language.

Here's the official Government of Alberta view of the debate:
"The hydrocarbon mixtures found in northern Alberta have historically been referred to as tar, pitch or asphalt. However, 'oil sands' is now used most often to describe the naturally occurring bitumen deposits.
Yes, I think maybe it was originally thought that these sands could only be used to extract tar. But with the advancement of technology with these sands, we can now extract a multitude of hydrocarbons, the Oil Sands name now better reflects the components of this resource.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Petros, don't you ever stop nattering, your getting to be a real pain in the ass!!
Go solve your crime problem or something,,,,eh!!

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
My point exactly...Ottawa is illegally interfering with provincial resource jurisdiction...they will continue to try and control it as long a week provincial leaders let them..

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
The Ottawa government has been trying to run the energy and resources sectors for years...and it is not their jursidiction as set up by the real constitution of the land ...the BNA Act of 1867..
And if they can't do it by legislation they will do it by regulation....much the same with health care and education/..