“Wokeness” in Canada and elsewhere…

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think fake is an inappropriate adjective. More like lazy, Current journalism is if somebody tweets something, they run with it as a story. If someone runs with it as a story the next guy runs it as a verified source. Then they all just pile on. Nobody actually verifies the original report or does so with any actual investigation. That costs money that comes off the bottom line. Modern journalism is about making money and not much else.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Canadians deserve political leaders who don’t gaslight them about violence in their communities. If the Liberals want to tackle this issue half-heartedly and do only the bare minimum needed to temper public anger, then that’s their choice — but it will be the end of them.

With crime now impacting the middle class, the decarceration movement is dead. A new law and order movement is ascendent across North America and has already transformed several key cities. The Trudeau government should read the room — people are tired of violent crime. And denying there is a problem is political suicide.

For many decarceration advocates, crime is merely a symptom of social exclusion, and criminals are just victims of unjust systems. While this empathetic world view makes some sense, many activists take things too far and assert that criminal behaviour is totally determined by structural factors.

This not only ignores the general lawfulness of the working poor, it also strips criminals of their agency and capacity for moral responsibility, and, by extension, exaggerates their victimhood status so dramatically that their plight can be seen as being on par with, if not more important than, the individuals and communities that are concretely harmed by crime.

By transforming criminals into a romanticized victim-class, decarceration activists are able to narrowly obsess over these individuals’ rights and interests. This obsession, which often manifests as campaigns against abstract “structural violence,” can be so consuming that it eclipses the horrors of the actual violence experienced by others — such as stabbings, shootings and robberies.

In this environment, reasonable leniency towards nonviolent criminals has a tendency to mutate into a general coddling of all offenders, violent or not, etc…link above for the rest.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Canadians deserve political leaders who don’t gaslight them about violence in their communities. If the Liberals want to tackle this issue half-heartedly and do only the bare minimum needed to temper public anger, then that’s their choice — but it will be the end of them.

With crime now impacting the middle class, the decarceration movement is dead. A new law and order movement is ascendent across North America and has already transformed several key cities. The Trudeau government should read the room — people are tired of violent crime. And denying there is a problem is political suicide.

For many decarceration advocates, crime is merely a symptom of social exclusion, and criminals are just victims of unjust systems. While this empathetic world view makes some sense, many activists take things too far and assert that criminal behaviour is totally determined by structural factors.

This not only ignores the general lawfulness of the working poor, it also strips criminals of their agency and capacity for moral responsibility, and, by extension, exaggerates their victimhood status so dramatically that their plight can be seen as being on par with, if not more important than, the individuals and communities that are concretely harmed by crime.

By transforming criminals into a romanticized victim-class, decarceration activists are able to narrowly obsess over these individuals’ rights and interests. This obsession, which often manifests as campaigns against abstract “structural violence,” can be so consuming that it eclipses the horrors of the actual violence experienced by others — such as stabbings, shootings and robberies.

In this environment, reasonable leniency towards nonviolent criminals has a tendency to mutate into a general coddling of all offenders, violent or not, etc…link above for the rest.
It's easy to fix SJWs. Take away their ID, residence, freeze their banking, take away their nicotine, wind them up on meth and let them give it a go in the system.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

While I can agree the liberals are half-hearted/half-assed about the criminal system, they're not the only party 'soft' on it.

Personally I wish they'd be harder but... meh, crime only seems to matter at election time.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
While I can agree the liberals are half-hearted/half-assed about the criminal system, they're not the only party 'soft' on it.

Personally I wish they'd be harder but... meh, crime only seems to matter at election time.
Or when you’re a victim of it…or when it’s blatant and ignored, etc….my Girlfriend was robbed at an ATM inside a Petro Canada with Cameras recently by a Meth Crack Fentanyl Whatever Addict, and they got away in a highly identifiable green Daewoo car….& and guess how many where arrested or charged?
1692643089751.jpeg
1692643105350.jpeg
…& it wasn’t a stolen vehicle.

This is on a Main Drag (Victoria Ave) beside the same Petro-Canada. Police drive by and ignore this because they’re not committing crimes when unconscious
1692643780799.jpeg
…& it would just be a ‘catch&release’ anyway.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Or when you’re a victim of it…or when it’s blatant and ignored, etc….my Girlfriend was robbed at an ATM inside a Petro Canada with Cameras recently by a Meth Crack Fentanyl Whatever Addict, and they got away in a highly identifiable green Daewoo car….& and guess how many where arrested or charged?
View attachment 19052
View attachment 19053
…& it wasn’t a stolen vehicle.

This is on a Main Drag (Victoria Ave) beside the same Petro-Canada. Police drive by and ignore this because they’re not committing crimes when unconscious
View attachment 19054
…& it would just be a ‘catch&release’ anyway.

That's the point; reagardless of party, crime only matters at election time. All other times it doesn't matter at all. Libs, Cons, NDP; they're all a joke when it comes to crime.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, it’s definitely gotten much worse in the last five or eight years. The Greens & Bloc & Cons don’t have much say about things…that’s the Libs with NDP backing that do.

Let’s hope it’s close to an election time I guess because something needs to happen.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Queen’s classic song Fat Bottomed Girls is being dropped from a greatest hits collection aimed at younger audiences.

The song, which was released in 1978 and written by guitarist Brian May, has been enjoyed by fans for generations.

However, in this day and age, even as all kinds of things are sung and rapped about, this 45-year-old track about a young man who comes to appreciate women with fuller figures has been viewed as too risque for Yoto, a new audio platform aimed at young people, the Daily Mail reported.
When Universal Records revealed its version of the band’s greatest hits for Yoto, music insiders were incredulous about the dumping of the popular song.

“It is the talk of the music industry, nobody can work out why such a good-natured, fun song can’t be acceptable in today’s society,” one industry professional told the Mail.

(The rock song is the fourth track on the band’s original 1981 greatest hits album, which also features Bohemian Rhapsody, Don’t Stop Me Now and We Will Rock You.)

• Sad
Reactions: Dixie Cup

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Queen’s classic song Fat Bottomed Girls is being dropped from a greatest hits collection aimed at younger audiences.

The song, which was released in 1978 and written by guitarist Brian May, has been enjoyed by fans for generations.

However, in this day and age, even as all kinds of things are sung and rapped about, this 45-year-old track about a young man who comes to appreciate women with fuller figures has been viewed as too risque for Yoto, a new audio platform aimed at young people, the Daily Mail reported.
When Universal Records revealed its version of the band’s greatest hits for Yoto, music insiders were incredulous about the dumping of the popular song.

“It is the talk of the music industry, nobody can work out why such a good-natured, fun song can’t be acceptable in today’s society,” one industry professional told the Mail.

(The rock song is the fourth track on the band’s original 1981 greatest hits album, which also features Bohemian Rhapsody, Don’t Stop Me Now and We Will Rock You.)
Queen was lightweight category compared to Yankovic. He has a pile of "mysogynoir" Grammys to prove.

Can she prance up a hill?

Here's a silly ditty,
You can sing it right away
Now, here is what you say
So sing it while you may

Here's a silly jingle,
You can sing it night or noon
Here's the words, that's all you need
'Cause I just sang the tune:

Oh, I don't want her, you can have her
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
I don't want her, you can have her,
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
She's too fat
She's too fat for me

I get dizzy
I get numbo
When I'm dancing
With my Jum-Jum-Jumbo

I don't want her, you can have her
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
She's too fat
She's too fat for me

No, no, no, no, no
Can she dance a quadrille?
No, no, no, no, no
Does she fit in your coupe?
By herself she's a group
Could she possibly
Sit upon your knee?
No, no, no

We don't want her, you can have her
She's too fat for me
And she's too fat for me
But she's just right for me
She's too fat for me
Yeah, she's too fat,
Much too fat

She's so charming
And she's so winning
But it's alarming
When she goes in swimming

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
So I sure want her, you can't have her
She's just right for me
But she's too fat!
She's not too fat!
She's just right for me!

She's a twosome,
She's a foursome
If she'd lose some
I would like her more some

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
I don't want her you can have her
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
Much too fat
She's too fat for me
Hey!

Last edited:
Reactions: Taxslave2

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Queen was lightweight category compared to Yankovic. He has a pile of "mysogynoir" Grammys to prove.

Here's a silly ditty,
So sing it while you may

Here's a silly jingle,

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
She's too fat
She's too fat for me

I get dizzy
I get numbo
When I'm dancing
With my Jum-Jum-Jumbo

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
She's too fat
She's too fat for me

No, no, no, no, no
No, no, no, no, no
By herself she's a group
Could she possibly
Sit upon your knee?
No, no, no

She's too fat for me
And she's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
Yeah, she's too fat,
Much too fat

She's so charming
And she's so winning
But it's alarming

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's just right for me
But she's too fat!
She's not too fat!
She's just right for me!

She's a twosome,
She's a foursome
If she'd lose some

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
Much too fat
She's too fat for me
Hey!
Nobody wants the girl with the skinny legs .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Ugh... fuck that.

More people just getting too stupid over shit.

• Sad
Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Here's a silly ditty,
So sing it while you may

Here's a silly jingle,

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
She's too fat
She's too fat for me

I get dizzy
I get numbo
When I'm dancing
With my Jum-Jum-Jumbo

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
She's too fat
She's too fat for me

No, no, no, no, no
No, no, no, no, no
By herself she's a group
Could she possibly
Sit upon your knee?
No, no, no

She's too fat for me
And she's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
Yeah, she's too fat,
Much too fat

She's so charming
And she's so winning
But it's alarming

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's just right for me
But she's too fat!
She's not too fat!
She's just right for me!

She's a twosome,
She's a foursome
If she'd lose some

She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat for me
She's too fat
Much too fat
She's too fat for me
Hey!
oddly enough I was singing what I remember of that one on the weekend when my first wife came up in the conversation.none of the people present knew her, although I think one lady might have met her 45 or so years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: petros