Wishlist

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Some people may not have warmed up to the new Canadian Content look, so I'm fully open to any suggestions members might have. We currently have a staff thread going and from there I've also made changes.. but what would you like to see added or changed with respect to the forums?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I've gotten used to the new look. I don't find anything bad with it.:smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I don't have any real complaints to speak of but one thing I miss is the ability to see what people are reading etc.. It helps to see what everybody is interested in. If a topic is a dead horse, we can let it die.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I love the set up. Only thing which I can see which may eventually cause a problem is all active threads keep popping up and I forget to access older ones which may have posts I would have responded to had I not had to go looking.

I can't remember where I have posted and where I haven't after a few days. So I just let it ride.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hey Sal :smile:

If you use your 'settings' link, all of the posts that you've posted in which have had action since your last visit, will show. There's also a link there which brings up 'all subscribed threads', so you can look to see if you missed posts in an older thread.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't have any real complaints to speak of but one thing I miss is the ability to see what people are reading etc.. It helps to see what everybody is interested in. If a topic is a dead horse, we can let it die.

If you go into your control panel, you can access this feature from the drop down menu on the bottom right hand side.

If I understood your question correctly.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hey Sal :smile:

If you use your 'settings' link, all of the posts that you've posted in which have had action since your last visit, will show. There's also a link there which brings up 'all subscribed threads', so you can look to see if you missed posts in an older thread.
Damn I forgot about that...thanks Karrie.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I've come up with an idea :) You see there are 4 options right now for thread listings? Well, I might get around to writing some code up which will also give another option of listing most recently updated subscribed threads.. I still have a backlog though!

About the horizontal scrolling, I'm brainstorming some ideas right now.

I love the set up. Only thing which I can see which may eventually cause a problem is all active threads keep popping up and I forget to access older ones which may have posts I would have responded to had I not had to go looking.

I can't remember where I have posted and where I haven't after a few days. So I just let it ride.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Very special thanks to the persistence of the mod team getting me to do this, I've added a touch of colour to the main forums page. It was Zan's idea to go with the blueish-violet. Comments are welcome as always.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:confused3: Whut'n tarnation y'all talkin bout?

If this'un be any more simpler, I koodn't use it. :confused2:

Put sum purty flars in the margins then leeve'er lone, eh!!

Yup, thet ther bluey-vilot stuff's nace, eh.

Way to go, y'all.

:tard:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
It looks very nice Andem. Something I found though is that when scrolling down to review the thread during post edit, the text is black on a dark back ground.

Is there a way to change that to white or something so that there is some contrast between the two?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Andem

2 suggestions

Why do we have to reset our staus every 5 days - Is that to add variety - then I could agree -

Reverse the page numbering for threads - That way a person can track their comments and read thru a thread quickly for the pertinent replies.

Other than that which is not much - I am a happy camper.