Why one N.W.T. teen is suing the Canadian government over climate change inaction

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It's been really interesting observing the evolution of the global warming narrative over the recent past.
Global warming morphs to climate change, changes to climate crisis and now into climate emergency.
To date, I still have no real definition as to what, exactly, climate change means... Sure, you can put the 2 words together and get the gist, but in light that the climate has always been changing, you would think that a strong, highly detailed definition would exist.
ANd cut into the cash flow?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
And as I said, WE made them like this.

WE - adults - have said "Stand up for your beliefs!"

WE have said "Don't let others make your decisions for you!"

WE have said "Do what you think is right!"

WE have said "Education is important"

WE have said "Use independent thought"

WE have said "Be a leader and not a follower"

Gotta love projections. No facts required, just a computer model made by someone with a mission.

A mission is secondary to the paycheque or grant they get from the lobby group that let's them know what kind of result they need

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

Yes, they make shitty decisions, and this may be one of them, BUT that is also for them to go through and learn from. That's part of growing up. If it backfires on them, they will bear the brunt of it (rather, their parents unless it's pro-bono, I don't recall if lawyers are doing it that way or not). If they win, it means that the law - like it or not - has sided with them and is holding the rest of 'us' accountable.

But I won't hold it against them for trying.

Oh now....................................

I really must protest a couple of your statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly - DO NOT BLAME ME - or people like me............

for making kids as they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I devote MUCH EFFORT to pulling them AWAY from LIE-beral Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been so diligent in my efforts that there are even some people on this site.......................................

who are WEARY of seeing my efforts regularly posted here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for kids speaking their minds at a suitable time...............................

I encourage such things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if the kid says some thing clever then we may offer support and encouragement................................

and if the kids says something wrong or STUPID.................................

then we may explain and CORRECT as necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem here is that some STUPID KID - whose head is FULL OF LIE-beral Fake News..........................

has not only spoken his mind...................................

he has BEEN OFFERED THE SERVICES OF A LAWYER.................................

so he can gain a wider audience for his CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The old adage that children should be seen and not heard is VALID in such cases....................

at least until gthe kid learns right from LIE-beral WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We all(most of us anyway) know the climate is changing. Always has. The problem arises when some groups with an agenda think that taxes or buying/selling credits will somehow cure the problem. What that will do is cause a global recession and not stop climate from changing one bit. The larger problem is that all this attention on globull warming is distracting us from what is really important to our continued survival as a species, and that is cleaning up our shit. ANd I mean really cleaning up, not our pretend recycling program where you take your junk to the taxpayer subsidized recycling center and they take it to the land fill. This happens with more" recycled" products than you think.

So what's YOUR solution to the issue then?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
WE have said "Education is important"

WE have said "Use independent thought"

WE have said "Be a leader and not a follower"

And yet these kids are doing just that, and now you don't like where they took that stuff.

A mission is secondary to the paycheque or grant they get from the lobby group that let's them know what kind of result they need

You really, REALLY hate that these kids are doing this, don't you, and are willing to use any excuse to dismiss them. Where are they getting a paycheck or grant? And what result do they "need"?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Adapt to cooler , or warmer temperatures, adjust to wetter and dryer times and continue to clean up our backyards . I understand conservation efforts are paying off in your neck of the woods with the rebound of the Eastern Cougar . There must be ample land and prey available .

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

THE SOLUTION - AS I HAVE BEEN SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS to CUT BACK on gravy for civil service union HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Less pay - which is what they DESERVE anyway for all their NEGLECT of our infrastructure for so many decades.....................

one has only to look at the recent reports of the amount of LEAD in our drinking water or look at all the flooding from every rain storm

to recognize how LAZY the HOGS HAVE BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cutting back on HOG GRAVy - that we cannot afforc to pay gthem anyway - will also ensure they will FLY LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we KNOW that airplanes generate OVER 75 percent OF ALL POLLUTION related to transportation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 75 percent - even allowing for all the cars, trucks, buses, ships and trains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT TAKES A LOT of horsepower - and fossil fuel to boost something up to 35,000 FT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And send it roring along at 500 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We EVEN HAVE the hard evidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the year after the World Trade Centre attack............................

during which time 25 percent of the worlds airline fleet was GROUNDED.........................

THERE WAS A MEASURABLE IMPROVEMENT in AIR QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Swedish group "Flight Shame" IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make the FILTHY GREEDY HOGS take the MUCH MORE EFFICIENT PASSENGER TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But such a policy WOULD NOT FIT with LIE-beral GRAVY GRABBING PLANS..............................

and their LIES about the climate emergency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW WOULD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes, they make shitty decisions, and this may be one of them, BUT that is also for them to go through and learn from. That's part of growing up. If it backfires on them, they will bear the brunt of it (rather, their parents unless it's pro-bono, I don't recall if lawyers are doing it that way or not). If they win, it means that the law - like it or not - has sided with them and is holding the rest of 'us' accountable.
But I won't hold it against them for trying.
Where does the idea of assigning blame to something that never happened come from? If shown they are wrong who do they blame for being lied to? The Govt? Then what?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Where does the idea of assigning blame to something that never happened come from? If shown they are wrong who do they blame for being lied to? The Govt? Then what?
They will be able to sue for being misled.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
And yet these kids are doing just that, and now you don't like where they took that stuff.

No they are not and this is the problem.

They are not educating themselves in terms of the problem or especially a functional solution.

They are not using independent thought, they are regurgitating the pap that Greta and her handlers state.

They are not leading, they are blindly following someone that they believe is a peer

You really, REALLY hate that these kids are doing this, don't you, and are willing to use any excuse to dismiss them. Where are they getting a paycheck or grant? And what result do they "need"?

Don't impose your assumptions on me.

I don't hate them at all, but I do believe that they are so heavily influenced by the Greta trend that there is absolutely no merit in their actions whatsoever.

Lemme ask you this... What would be your position if the Feds responded to their lawsuit with their own suit seeking monetary damages for wasting their time and the Courts time and resources.

Would ya say something to the tune that this is the chance you take and too bad kiddies, or would you condemn the Feds for the action?

Consequences are a bitch and these kids have no clue considering the reality that as they have no solution(s), all they are doing is throwing a tantrum

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well they as you are free to use less , to leave as small a footprint as possible . Eat canned vegetables all winter , Who needs oranges and bananas ? Wash dishes and clothes in the sink.,.
But the sad fact remains people like their modern conveniences and do not want to return to simpler times . We like the choices available to us in the supermarket, and I bet those children do as well .
Once a viable alternative to the gas powered automobile people will embrace that change , but at present electric vehicles don’t provide that alternative .
If they don't like oil heat I suggest they start cutting firewood. Lots of it.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I don't have a problem with it getting warmer. As for cleaning up we reuse as much as possible. Even most single use plastics get reused here. Since we have a septic system that works properly we do not contribute to polluting the ocean.
Every logging and fish camp on the coast has better sewer treatment than Victoria so it seems that the real problem is that city people are pigs.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
No they are not and this is the problem.

They are not educating themselves in terms of the problem or especially a functional solution.

They are not using independent thought, they are regurgitating the pap that Greta and her handlers state.

They are not leading, they are blindly following someone that they believe is a peer

Proof.

Don't impose your assumptions on me.

But it's okay to impose your assumptions on these kids?

I don't hate them at all, but I do believe that they are so heavily influenced by the Greta trend that there is absolutely no merit in their actions whatsoever.

Lemme ask you this... What would be your position if the Feds responded to their lawsuit with their own suit seeking monetary damages for wasting their time and the Courts time and resources.

Would ya say something to the tune that this is the chance you take and too bad kiddies, or would you condemn the Feds for the action?

Consequences are a bitch and these kids have no clue considering the reality that as they have no solution(s), all they are doing is throwing a tantrum

I already answered this but if they fail and the feds go after them, that's part of the deal, part of what happens when you sue the Government.

As you said, consequences are a bitch, the Government demanding costs for the suit is part of that.

But I point out that you don't know they don't have solutions so...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Proof.

But it's okay to impose your assumptions on these kids?

But I point out that you don't know they don't have solutions so...

My 'proof' is in the hypocrisy of these kids and unless they are withholding a solution, then they represent nothing more than acting as a Greta clone.

That said, my 'assumption(s)' are completely justifiable until those kids prove me wrong.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bring back the strap. The strap made kids smarter.

After getting the strap they'll never question whether the tooth faerie is real or not.

Last edited:

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

So you are saying we SHOULD ALLOW KIDS TO REMAIN..................................

ILL-INFORMED AND IGNORANT?????????????????

And since IT IS LIE-beral gvot that is LYING TO THEM........................

for SELFISH LIE-beral reasons - IT IS CLEARLY PROPER.........................

for kids to be ANGRY WITH DELIBERATELY DECEITFUL GOVT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider this article exposing LIE-beral lies..........................

Here is an article illustrating all that is wrong with LIE-beral claims regarding the alleged “climate emergency”!! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Feds scrapped 100 years of data on climate change

By Lorrie Goldstein

Published: September 17, 2019. Updated: September 17, 2019 5:32 PM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ Opinion/ Columnists

Canadians already suspicious of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s carbon tax are likely be even more suspicious given a report by Ottawa-based Blacklock’s Reporter that Environment Canada omitted a century’s worth of observed weather data in developing its computer models on the impacts of climate change.

The scrapping of all observed weather data from 1850 to 1949 was necessary, a spokesman for Environment Canada told Blacklock’s Reporter, after researchers concluded that historically, there weren’t enough weather stations to create a reliable data set for that 100-year period.

(Uh huh- and author Michael Crichton has written in his book “State of Fear” that much of the available historical weather data is IRRELEVANT ANYWAY - due to changes in the surrounding countryside!! Weather stations that originally stood in farm fields or forests are now buried in concrete canyons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(As we know- cities HOLD HEAT - and thus they influence the local air temperature!! In Toronto on a typical hot August day -there will be a FIFTEEN DEGREE DIFFERENCE between a lawn in full sun versus a heavily treed yard - thus the LOCATION of a weather station can give wildly variable readings!!!!!!!!)

(Comparing weather station results from ones located in a forest versus one down town creates NONSENSE DATA because LOCAL artificial man made influences PREVENT any long term comparison of data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

“The historical data is not observed historical data,” the spokesman said. “It is modelled historical data … 24 models from historical simulations spanning 1950 to 2005 were used.”

(And it is that “modelled data” that people like author Crichton SCORN for its obvious biases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

These computer simulations are part of the federal government’s ClimateData.ca website launched by Environment Minister Catherine McKenna on Aug. 15.

(As author Crichton has told us- figures don’t lie -but LIARS FIGURE - and Crichton has offered us EXAMPLES of LIE-beral efforts to DECEITFULLY make statistics fit their environmental vision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

She described it as “an important next step in giving our decision-makers even greater access to important climate data for long-term planning. The more each of us uses this type of information, the more it will help.”

(So LIE-berals have chosen to DUMP a bunch of inconvenient data - and concentrate on other data that they do like - as it supports their views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Blacklock’s Reporter, which describes itself as “the only reporter-owned and operated newsroom in Ottawa” focussing on intensive reporting of government documents, notes that in many cases the observed temperatures scrapped by Environment Canada in creating its computer models, were higher in the past than today.

For example, Vancouver had a higher record temperature in 1910 (30.6C) than in 2017 (29.5C).

Toronto had a warmer summer in 1852 (32.2C) than in 2017 (31.7C).

The highest temperature in Moncton in 2017 was four degrees cooler than in 1906.

Brandon, Man., had 49 days where the average daily temperature was above 20C in 1936, compared to only 16 in 2017, with a high temperature of 43.3C that year compared to 34.3C in 2017.

(WE KNOW that LIE-berals consider implementation of their carbon tax SCAM to be ESSENTIAL to pay for their self serving party policies and we KNOW that the carbon SCAM only cleans cash from wallets - and leaves the dirt in the air!! Thus we should be VERY ALARMED at how many blasts of Fake News LIE-beals are prepared to emit in defence of their CARBON GRAVY GRAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Blacklock’s Reporter also said that in an earlier report on forest fires, Environment Canada blamed climate change for “record-shattering” forest fires in British Columbia that destroyed 3.3 million acres in 2018, omitting the Chinchaga Firestorm that destroyed five million acres in B.C. and Alberta in 1950.

To be fair, the fact that it omitted observed weather data from 1850 to 1949 in developing its computer models is not evidence in and of itself of an attempt by Environment Canada to mislead the public.

Omitting observed historical weather data from computer models is common in climate science because of differences in the quality of the reporting of weather data today, compared to 1850 when historical records started being kept.

(But the ISSUE IS that author Crichton has DETAILED various DELIBERATE attempts to “RE-INTERPRET” old data to support LIE-beral climate hysteria!! Cdn LIE-berals are now apparently engaged in exactly the sort of deceit Crichton wrote about in State of Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Also, weather is not climate.

Computer climate models don’t claim to predict what the weather will be like on any given day, month or year.

They predict long-term weather and climate patterns.

Climate scientists test their validity by assessing whether their models predicting future climate patterns can explain climate change patterns in the past, which is based on more data than that provided solely by historical records.

Finally, the fact that in some cases regional temperatures were warmer in the past than today, does not disprove the theory of human-induced climate change.

(Considering that the local tv weather person cannot predict with high accuracy what the weather will be in three days indicates the climate models are NOT as accurate as LIE-berals claim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Crichton even cites the loss of snow cover on Mount Kilimanjaro as an example of LIE-beral deceit - since the true reason for the snow loss is DEFORESTATION around the base of the mountain - by villagers cutting trees for their cooking fires!
We KNOW that forests are COOLER than open fields and thus the loss of African forest cover allows WARMER AIR to blow up the mountain and melt the snow!!!)
(African Deforestation has NOTHING to do with Alberta oil fields - in spite of LIE-beral claims!! Crichton even offers evidence that simply RE-PLANTING trees around the base of Kilimanjaro will restore the snow cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Having said that, McKenna and other politicians give the public inaccurate information about climate change all the time.

(Even worse- Climate Barbie McKenna has UNWISELY TOLD US that if LIE-berals repeat lies often enough - we will come to believe the lies!! I wonder if Climate Barbie ever heard Adolf Hitler commenting: “if you are going to tell lies, then tell BIG ones because people find it easier to believe the big lies”!!!!!!!!!!!!)

McKenna, during a recent visit to Toronto, blamed flooding at the south end of the Don Valley Parkway on man-made climate change.

Except that area has been flooding since the glaciers retreated 12,000 years ago, long before industrial greenhouse gas emissions existed.

(Even WORSE- it was back in the 1950`s that Toronto Silly Hall made the hard choice NOT to dredge the silted up river channel because of all the heavy metals and other pollutants that would be stirred up and get into our drinking water and the river channel has been getting ever more choked with mud since then - with resulting RISING WATER levels in the choked channel!!!!!!!!!!)

(IN other Don River related news- we KNOW that the more trees that are cut down and the more land that is paved over-the FASTER rain water will run off the land!! Virtually ALL Toronto storm water drainage was designed and installed nearly a CENTURY AGO and is thus completely OVERWHELMED by any modern rain storm thanks to how much the city has grown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(But it suits deceitful LIE-berals to blame global warming for the INADEQUATE drainage system that has NOT been expanded or even dredged or repaired in DECADES - simply because LIE-berals want ALL THE GRAVY for themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)