Why is royals by Lorde on a rock music station?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I stopped asking questions when 'Music Box Dancer' made the CHUM Chart.

ps I don't know this chick, her music or listen to any Toronto FM stations. I'm a bit of a radio hobo.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Amazing Grace played on bagpipes was a big hit on all the rock stations in the 70's.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Lorde wants to pull 'Royals' from the radio
WENN
First posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 06:17 PM EST | Updated: Sunday, February 16, 2014 06:32 PM EST
New Zealand pop star Lorde wants to pull her hit single 'Royals' from the radio over fears fans will tire of her too quickly.
The singer scored a massive international hit with her debut track in 2013 and it won two Grammy Awards, Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance, last month.
The song is still a favourite on the airwaves, but Lorde wishes she could have it removed from radio stations' playlists so fans can have a break from her before she releases new material.
She tells V Magazine, "I want to let people stop hearing Lorde on the radio all the time, because it's kind of crazy at the moment. I'd like to give people a little bit of breathing room before I unleash something different."
Pop Singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for Song of the Year for "Royals" and Best Pop Solo performance also for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. (REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson)

Lorde wants to pull 'Royals' from the radio | Music | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor, the 17-year-old New Zealander, calls herself Lorde because she's a big royalist and is also fascinated with the aristocracy.

"Lord" was deemed to be too masculine for a female singer, so she added an "e" to the end.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I just eard this song on edge 102.1 fm Toronto's rock station. why is this song playing on a rock station?
the best answer is from dj Tommy Nightmare in Grand Theft Auto:

"Look shinthead I run through Life with a torch in one hand and a sword in the other,
And when I play the music the program director tells me to, I dont care if
your hair is green,
you love men,
or your missing fingers,
sooner or later its Logger time,
who cares about the listeners anyway?"

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Popular demand with create crossover hits. I was once a music director in the
radio business and it was a lot more selective in the old days. One week you
could have the Rolling Stones topping the playlist and two weeks later it was
Mr Akerbilk and Stranger on the Shore. When a piece of music becomes way
too popular all stations get on it to stop audiences from bleeding to other stations.
in the early sixties artists like Conway Twitty, Marty Robins and a host of others
crossed over onto the pop charts all the time. Just because something isn't
Rock doesn't mean it won't be played on a rock station. The Almond Brothers
were Southern Country but they were featured on rock stations because people
wanted to hear it.

sorry I didn't mean to put a d in Alman Brothers