Who wrote the Bible?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Isn’t that the last chunk of the Bible though? Saving the best for last? The synopsis reads like a “Terminator” movie plot….but you have to Wade through a lot to reach it apparently.
OK, so what book/movie is any different? And there's plenty of mayhem along the way (kinky sex, too!). Samson. Lot's daughters getting jiggy with drunk Dad. Gawd sending bears to rip 40 little kids to shreds for laughing at a bald old man. David setting up Uriah for death so he could get jiggy with Bathsheba. Solomon getting jiggy with EVERYBODY! Peter lopping off ears.

The Revelation is just the big finale.

Hell, man, they've made more gory horror movies out of the bible than anything else.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I’m in my ‘50’s so not any more. How ‘bout yourself?
Mark’s gospel might appeal to you, as it emphasizes Jesus’ actions more than his teachings. My preference is for Luke’s account as it highlights Jesus’ heart of compassion for the poor and oppressed.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Mark’s gospel might appeal to you, as it emphasizes Jesus’ actions more than his teachings. My preference is for Luke’s account as it highlights Jesus’ heart of compassion for the poor and oppressed.
I like Matthew, because it states with clarity the exact future of the vast majority of people who call themselves Christians.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Are you familiar with the following idiom?

“a/(one's) (little) piece of heaven”
“A place, especially a home or piece of land, that one finds especially beautiful, serene, or ideal”

Describe what “a little piece of heaven“ looks like in your life?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
A little piece of heaven is something that brings me peace & serenity, contentment & insight. Haven’t needed to read a Bible so far to find that.

This I know will bring me contentment:
1668223831722.jpeg
But this I know will not bring me serenity or contentment:
1668223964706.jpeg
I have the insight to know this will not provide me peace.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Are you familiar with the following idiom?

“a/(one's) (little) piece of heaven”
“A place, especially a home or piece of land, that one finds especially beautiful, serene, or ideal”

A little piece of heaven to me is every season on the northern shore of Lake Erie near my childhood home.

Do you suppose that most people can identify "a little piece of heaven" in their lives?