Who would you have dinner with?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
For today (I would choose a different person every day), I would choose Adolph Hitler, but before he became the psychotic, mass-murdering monster. It would be when he was first starting out as an artist. I would like to hear him talk about his art, and see what (if any) signs there were that he would become one of the world's most reviled people.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Jessica Biel. I'd eat her in one sitting.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
My grandfather on my mothers side of the family. He was apparently associated
with Sam Bronfman. Grandpa was a horse trader and knew the legal maneuvers
of how selling booze across provincial lines worked. Grandpa was Irish Sam
Jewish but they got along fine. All went very well in the booze business in the
early 1900's and when prohibition came to be. Things apparently went south when
Sam's brother in law was murdered for about 7 thousand dollars and a shipment
of booze hijacked by bootleggers near Bienfiet Saskatchewan, I believe its just east
of Estevan
At any rate not long after that incident grandpa was run down by a car in Yorkton as
the story goes and that was shortly before my mother was born. It would be interesting
to know who else he knew and who did him in. I have always been interested in the
event but it shall remain a mystery.
The only real tie in was my aunt who lived to well into her nineties she told me she
remembered Sam coming to the farm in Saltcoats Sask and he always brought a bowl
of fruit. She was about eight years old back then

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
My grandmother because it was always so rare that I got a chance to spend some time alone with her and she was always the one most dearest to my heart.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Karl Pilkington.

“This is where Diana had her photo taken when she was having her problems with Charlie. Everyone said this is why she looked so miserable, but to be honest I think she was just sick of being in India.”

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If there was one person in history or present day you could choose to have dinner with, who would it be and why?

Jim Bridger might be very interesting what with his knowledge of the Old West and all it's heroes and scoundrels.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And also Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant. I can't leave out the other two thirds of the trio.