Who would you have dinner with?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
yes, I have a Kobo...I can go on line and just download within seconds

the problem is, the library has to pay for the rights SO there are limited numbers of books available and they are always the good ones because they only purchase the popular ones. this means I sometimes have to place the books on hold...then they email you when they are available and you have three days grace to download or they give it to the next in line

I think it will become more and more popular as our generation no longer wants to slug azz down to the library, and pay for a parking spot to get paper backs.

also our library was just updated...banks and banks and banks of computers in there now
I think he meant, can you link to the library from your home, It would be nice if a membership card gave you that kind of access.
As it is I'm down to bootlegging from the internet with Utorrent...
Last week my wife found a book at a garage sale and she really liked that author's writing. Within 15 minutes I had about 25 books by that same author downloaded and in her Kobo....

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think he meant, can you link to the library from your home, It would be nice if a membership card gave you that kind of access.
As it is I'm down to bootlegging from the internet with Utorrent...
Last week my wife found a book at a garage sale and she really liked that author's writing. Within 15 minutes I had about 25 books by that same author downloaded and in her Kobo....

oh sorry, yes I do it with my regular library card

• yes I just open my computer
  • go onto the library site
  • browse the available
  • punch on download
  • it goes to a program on my computer which was given to me by the library
  • I then plug my Kobo in and download to it
  • book is then available to read on my Kobo or my computer for either 7, 14 or 21 days depending upon how long I have signed the book out for

after that time period the pages won't turn...that means it has expired.

hmm....nice that you can find those books and get them for free...awesome even

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Thanks Sal, and Das.

Will have a chat with the local library, see wassup.

Used to be a regular visitor, but found "Better Word Books" - which ships for free. Average cost for a used book in decent shape is about
$6.00 Cdn.

Sally Ann sells em for 25c.

Both of the above are not as inexpensive as the library, but ya gets ta keep the ones you like, and start a collection. - which I've done. Bout the only thing I like to spend money on. May start my own library someday.:roll:

There's a site on the net called "free e.books"......mostly books from long ago. And, I find reading from a computer screen is hard on me eyes.........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Welcome. Thanks for the list. Ours is on it also.

Eureka, and all that.:lol:
For me I already found about 2000 mystery novel in English and about 3000 in French all saved up on my PC and a thumb drive so I think I have enough reading material to last me the rest of my life:lol:

Jeebus, you are up there ain't cha. ?

Hunt or fish much ?
Not much lately.............

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You got me checking it out....and and I have found that Kapuskasing is a participating Library...
Participating Libraries - Ontario Library Service – Download Centre

Wife's card number will not work so I guess she will have to register right at the library...............Thanks Sal!!

you're welcome...you do have to belong to that particular library, however it would seem that the rights to the e-books are done in a pool by those particular libraries in the drop down... thus they must share the cost for the licencing rights. So, the same books are available to that group.