where are all the blacks?

mapleleafs67

Electoral Member
Jul 7, 2007
soon chicago
everywhere i walk in new brunswick i can't seem to find them.i love my women like i love my coffee black and hot.Is everyone racist around these parts of canada and too some extent maine and new hampshire?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
?? Perhaps we should bundle a few up and ship them to NB? I always thought people went to live where they want to, not to go live somewhere the demographics are evenly distributed.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
well, yes, you do sound a bit racist, but, what does people being racist have to do with whether or not there have been people moving into your area?

I have found that the further out of big cities you get, the less racially diverse things become. living in Northern BC and Northern Alberta you could only expect to see two different skin tones, plain and simple. It didn't mean people were racist against any other colours... people just hadn't bothered to move there.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
?? Perhaps we should bundle a few up and ship them to NB? I always thought people went to live where they want to, not to go live somewhere the demographics are evenly distributed.

But don't we have an obligation, as citizens of a multi-cultural country, to fulfill someone's desire that his women look a specific way?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
But don't we have an obligation, as citizens of a multi-cultural country, to fulfill someone's desire that his women look a specific way?
lol

Will I do, Mr. Mapleleaf67? I am brown (almost black in the summer). Have me back in BC in a day or two or my hubby will come hunting, though.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Well you could try Halifax, I've heard they have a fairly large black community there. Really though if you want real black women get your butt to Toronto. Lots of them around Jane and Finch. I'm not talkin' hookers either. Real down to earth black women. True.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Mapleleafs67, eh1eh is right, there is a substantial population of blacks in the neighbouring Nova Scotia. Nova Scotia was the last stop on the Underground Railroad when slavery was legal in USA.

Many of the slaves who escaped their masters ended up in Nova Scotia. Places like Halifax, Preston etc. have plenty of blacks.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Mapleleafs67, eh1eh is right, there is a substantial population of blacks in the neighbouring Nova Scotia. Nova Scotia was the last stop on the Underground Railroad when slavery was legal in USA.

Many of the slaves who escaped their masters ended up in Nova Scotia. Places like Halifax, Preston etc. have plenty of blacks.

Sir Joe; you've never been to North Preston have you? You might last 6 minutes, they shoot at police cars regardless of the colour of the driver, Harlem is safer nowadays. There are fine folks of all races here but some make a point of wanting theirs to be dominant, and forcibly so; sound familiar?

I'm not trying to start a battle, but unfortunately that's just the way it is. I've never experienced racial tensions like this since I was a kid in Detroit in the 60's. It's like Deja vu all over again.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
everywhere i walk in new brunswick i can't seem to find them.i love my women like i love my coffee black and hot.Is everyone racist around these parts of canada and too some extent maine and new hampshire?

Racists come in all colours, find a place where race doesn't matter to anyone and you'll find a place to meet nice folks of all races. I've lived in a few places like that, very few. Good luck with that.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I kinda wonder why they would want to live in the frozen north anyway. This is definitely white Anglo Saxon weather (and aboriginal but in the east their DNA is very much European mix from before the invasion.)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Maybe you should try Halifax to find a black date. There is a uniquely large black community compared to other parts of Canada. On per capita basis there are more in Halifax than the GTA.
well, yes, you do sound a bit racist, but, what does people being racist have to do with whether or not there have been people moving into your area?
That isn't racist in the least. In reality most of things that people term as racist aren't even close to being racist.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Maybe you should try Halifax to find a black date. There is a uniquely large black community compared to other parts of Canada. On per capita basis there are more in Halifax than the GTA.
That isn't racist in the least. In reality most of things that people term as racist aren't even close to being racist.

let me clarify....

i've always found the notion that black people are a novelty to be coveted based solely on their skin to be an odd bit of race relations. When a friend says they want a black baby because they are *so* cute, rather than just a baby that needs a home. When a woman says she wants to have sex with a black man, just to have sex with a black man. When a man says he likes his women like he likes his coffee.... it's bizarre to me to value someone based solely or mainly on skin tone.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why do white women spend so much time and money on a tan?

It is more than just skin colour. There are physical and cultural characteristics that are appealing as well. Personally I think black women have the nicest eyes.

You don't mean those licorice nickle candies do you? (sounds racist doesn't it but in reality that statement isn't)

Welcome to the commercial mindset where even children are now products.

Personally I find it very appalling and immoral that someone is that commercially brainwashed that they would adopt (most are cash deals these days) based on physical attributes.

I wouldn't let someone like that raise a puppy let alone a child.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
There aren't many blacks in Canada.

After living in the US, its odd coming back to Canada and not seeing any black people.
I remember crossing the boarder at Windsor into Detroit when I was about 7 - it was like going to Africa. Being a hick from Calgary, I'd never seen so many black people in one place that was not in national geographic photo spread.

There's lots of black people in Ottawa, now.