where are all the blacks?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Sir Joe; you've never been to North Preston have you? You might last 6 minutes, they shoot at police cars regardless of the colour of the driver, Harlem is safer nowadays. There are fine folks of all races here but some make a point of wanting theirs to be dominant, and forcibly so; sound familiar?

I'm not trying to start a battle, but unfortunately that's just the way it is. I've never experienced racial tensions like this since I was a kid in Detroit in the 60's. It's like Deja vu all over again.

I did not say that Preston is a good place; I have never been to Nova Scotia. What I said was that Preston has significant black population.

I remember CBC did a special a few years go on prostitution in Toronto. They said that many of the pimps come from Preston. So it may be that Preston has a shady reputation.

My point was that places like Halifax, Preston have many blacks, being the last stop on the Underground Railroad.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Only 12% of the US is black. That isn't a very high number

That may not be a very high number, but it is a significant number. Besides, black population is not uniform, but concentrated in a few places. I remember when I lived in Salt Lake City; there were hardly any blacks there. In quite a few schools there wouldn’t even be a single black student. Or when we visited Yellowstone recently, we saw very few blacks in the parts of Montana and Wyoming that we traveled.

On the other hand, pars of New York, Detroit etc. look almost like Africa.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
let me clarify....

i've always found the notion that black people are a novelty to be coveted based solely on their skin to be an odd bit of race relations. When a friend says they want a black baby because they are *so* cute, rather than just a baby that needs a home. When a woman says she wants to have sex with a black man, just to have sex with a black man. When a man says he likes his women like he likes his coffee.... it's bizarre to me to value someone based solely or mainly on skin tone.

It is different strokes for different people, karrie. I have no problem somebody valuing someone based solely or mainly on skin tone. I would have a problem with somebody despising someone based solely or mainly on skin tone.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
everywhere i walk in new brunswick i can't seem to find them.i love my women like i love my coffee black and hot.Is everyone racist around these parts of canada and too some extent maine and new hampshire?

I don't know where you are looking, but in Saint John and Moncton, there are plenty of people of various ethnic origins.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Can Canada come up with a similar figure? (12%)

How about 25% of American kindergartners are Hispanic. Can Canada match that. Who really is truly the more multicultural nation, and who will be by 2023?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Can Canada come up with a similar figure? (12%)

How about 25% of American kindergartners are Hispanic. Can Canada match that. Who really is truly the more multicultural nation, and who will be by 2023?

There is no doubt that USA is more diverse than Canada, ironsides (though Canada has become plenty diverse in recent years). In USA they imported blacks wholesale as slaves and thereby added to the diversity (without meaning to). There was not similar import of slaves in Canada.