When do I get mailbox access?

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
1. When do I get mailbox access? I want to PM an admin?

2. When can I change my member title?

3. One of my posts went to moderation this morning and I don't see it yet. It's either slow moderation or the post was disallowed. I asked about opinions on what I could do with the MapleOne network?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

3. One of my posts went to moderation this morning and I don't see it yet. It's either slow moderation or the post was disallowed. I asked about opinions on what I could do with the MapleOne network?

First off you have not paid your dues - I can provide the bank account to send it to. Up to you now. Ball is in your court. Let me know.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

You either need 21 or 25 posts before you are able to have PM capability(that is to prevent spammers from flooding everyone's PM box with spam). Judging from the number of posts you have so far, you should either have it or be close to it.

Member title should be available somewhere in your Control Panel. I am not sure exactly where it is, but it is there.

Regarding the Moderated Post, it will never be approved automatically. We(the Mods) or Andem(the Admin) have to check the post in question to see if is allowed to be posted. I'll bet that you were attempting to post a Youtube video and the auto-mod hit it. That usually happens when a new member attempts to post a YouTube video. If I can find it, I'll see if I can approve it for you.

----------------------------

Maple, as far as your Moderated Post goes, I would send a PM to Andem(since you should be able to do so shortly) to ask if it is okay to be Approved. It doesn't look like too big of a deal to me, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Thanks for answering all my questions, I have 21 posts and still am not able to send a PM. It seems a bit extreme to have to wait that long to PM an admin.
You'd think so, but, with all the spammers we get here, it has become a necessity.

Hang in there, you only have 3 or 4 posts to go,

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
Actually I hate to say it but so far I always vote conservative.

I would have hated myself had I voted Liberal in the Provincial vote.

:-(.............life is hard. You leaving town?? Just wait and keep posting. What's the rush?

I wish I were young and stupid again, instead of old and stupid.

8O

1. I need to PM an admin about one of my posts in moderation and I cannot do that. So no rush but it seems odd I cannot communicate with an admin.

2. If you make that statement then you definitely are NOT stupid.
Stupid people are usually clueless and have no idea they are stupid.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
have you tried turning it off and on again?

No, seriously, log out and back in again and you might find everything has engaged for you.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
gee, I don't know MapleOne... I've been around so long I've seen the forum settings change. What impacted me when I started is not the same systems in place now.

is 'world's best dad' what you're trying to change your title to?

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
I can change it to anything but I was just wanting to get rid of "Nominee Member" under my user name. I usually change my Member title daily to reflect my mood.

Somehow Nominee Member does not reflect my mood today.

HeHe, for some reason I am thinking of changing it now to Worlds greatest spammer. After all I do have mailbox access now :blob:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Okay, that's just your status for your profile, not your user title....

you need to click the 'settings' tab at the top, then 'control panel'. That will open a page with a bunch of options down the left hand side. Under 'social networking', click 'edit your details'. Once in that page, you can change your custom user title. Good luck.