What Emergency Act?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
And if they hadn't split their votes among the PCs, the NPDs, the M-O-U-S-Es, the Bloc Quebecois, the Bloc Myblockandthenextblock, the Greens, the Blues, the Reds, the Redblacks, and the Oilers, he wouldn't be in.

Guess what? Y'all have a multi-party system. I know this comes as a great shock to you.
Uh huh. Well, since you already seemed familiar with our system I didn't feel the need to go all Kamala Harris and explain multi-party systems and pluralities in a kindergarten level book report to you. I just assumed you were more intelligent than that. Was I wrong to do so? I merely pointed out that even when 67% of the voters don't vote for you, you can STILL form a govt, albeit a minority govt. That was in response to your "Get 53. Or 55. Or whatever it takes" comment.

Reactions: taxslave and petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Uh huh. Well, since you already seemed familiar with our system I didn't feel the need to go all Kamala Harris and explain multi-party systems and pluralities in a kindergarten level book report to you. I just assumed you were more intelligent than that. Was I wrong to do so? I merely pointed out that even when 67% of the voters don't vote for you, you can STILL form a govt, albeit a minority govt. That was in response to your "Get 53. Or 55. Or whatever it takes" comment.
Don’t worry her president got the most votes ever .

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ah, OK. You know what I meant, but I'll put this in small words for you.

You. . . know. . . it. . . doesn't. . . matter. . . how. . . many. . . vote. . . against. . . if. . . the. . . vote. . . is. . . split.

You love having True Dope as PM, because all you want to do is bitch and whine.

• Haha

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Just like the "homeless" situation in our cities. We talk and talk and talk yet nothing changes. So WTH? Sounds like an "industry" regarding that as well.

So vote him out. 50% won't do it? Get 53. Or 55. Or whatever it takes. That's what we had to do.

So Dolt, did you vote for this present senile old president yourself, dolt? Just wondering. :unsure:

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
You definitely are Trumpian. Quick with accusations of nefarious dealings, real slow with the evidence.

It's cool. MAGAhats don't need facts. They got DA TROOF!

That gang of communist idiots in the dumbocratic party are now trying to once again try and nail Donald Trump's ass with causing the so called riot in Washington. All we will get from those demo bozos is just more lies and bullshit, where in the end, they will never find any proof that Donald Trump did or said anything wrong to cause the so called capital riot. The demorats are nothing more than a bunch of f'kn liberal lying bastards.

Long live the MAGA hats. (y)

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
You finally figured out I'm American, didja? Good for you. Go to the head of the special class!

Hey dopey, you already told me that you were an American, dopey. Now, you need to go to the back of the class where dopey people like you belong and stay quiet. Stay out of politics. Politics is reserved for men, and not silly little toddlers like you, chiefy boy. :LOL:

• Haha

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
67% of Canadians voted against him and he's still PM. Only now, despite stating that "Canadians had spoken" after the last election, he told Canadians to go fuck themselves as he finagled himself an ersatz majority govt. I understand two opposition parties forming a coalition to try and rein in a runaway govt, but to subvert the democratic process by forming a coalition that effectively gives you a majority govt is an extreme abuse of one of the institutions that Groper keeps whining on about that Canadians are losing faith in. Gee, can't imagine why we are.

The last Canadian election was a rigged election. There is no way that this Marxist baboon should be the PM of Canada unless there was some fraud involved. Everybody I spoke to hated is guts. Canada has truly now become a corrupt third world country alright. The Marxist dicktator in Ottawa has already shown us what communist tyranny and dictatorship are all about. Oh the joy of it all. (n)

• Haha

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hey dopey, you already told me that you were an American, dopey. Now, you need to go to the back of the class where dopey people like you belong and stay quiet. Stay out of politics. Politics is reserved for men, and not silly little toddlers like you, chiefy boy. :LOL:
Well, you didn't get it from all the obvious statements that indicated it, so I wasn't sure even the direct statement would get through the thick bone into the shit.

You're a spectacularly obtuse specimen; all need, fear, and stupidity.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
In my neighbourhood there are 2-5 abandoned/ burned out house per block (approximately 200.according to city hall). There were rental homes galore in Regina but not anymore.

If you have a fire you get all new clothes, furniture, "crisis cash", put up in a hotel (waterslide of course) and take out meals for a month by Social Services.

Blow your welfare on dope, have a fire the day before eviction and go on a holiday.

It's fucked.
My sister toured me around Moccasin Flats once. I was appalled at the destruction, Pete. It almost looked like a war zone. Burned houses. Houses with siding peeling off and holes in the roof. Garbage everywhere. Dumpsters overflowing with food waste and filthy diapers. Mattresses, broken furniture. That was enough for me. No need to see anymore though Mary told me she could show me many other areas that were just as bad. Poor old Queen City of the Plains she sure ain't what she used to be.

• Wow
Reactions: petros

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

You. . . know. . . it. . . doesn't. . . matter. . . how. . . many. . . vote. . . against. . . if. . . the. . . vote. . . is. . . split.
No...fucking...shit...thanks...for...the...needless...lesson...on...Canadian...civics. But I guess my previously stated opposition elsewhere to the party system roared right over your head.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My sister toured me around Moccasin Flats once. I was appalled at the destruction, Pete. It almost looked like a war zone. Burned houses. Houses with siding peeling off and holes in the roof. Garbage everywhere. Dumpsters overflowing with food waste and filthy diapers. Mattresses, broken furniture. That was enough for me. No need to see anymore though Mary told me she could show me many other areas that were just as bad. Poor old Queen City of the Plains she sure ain't what she used to be.
It's okay, there are people coming from around the world who will tear down and rebuild with giant homes on dirt cheap, fully serviced, core urban lots with 110 year old trees and back lanes. Idyllic.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No...fucking...shit...thanks...for...the...needless...lesson...on...Canadian...civics. But I guess my previously stated opposition elsewhere to the party system roared right over your head.
I like your idea, though. No, seriously. It sounds stupid at first reading, but think about it. . . maybe some kind of national "vote of no confidence?"

Structure it so. . . maybe periodically, or upon some trigger, the VOTERS could have a national referendum to kick out the President/PM?

As far as the Parliamentary system, it has its ups and downs. At least you never get split government like we have, where a minority of the Senate can bring everything to a screeching halt just by sticking its fingers in its ears and singing "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!" at the top of its voice.

That's frustrating, but important. It keeps us from swinging wildly back and forth.

Decades ago, I read a Star Trek novel that said the Vulcan government had two legislative chambers. The House of Laws could pass new laws only by a 3/4 supermajority. The House of Repeal could repeal any law on the books by a 1/4 minority.

Keep the code book short, that's for sure.

P.S. Sorry for the surly. Really tough week.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

You love having True Dope as PM, because all you want to do is bitch and whine.
Many of us wanted his father denutted when he was PM to prevent just this problem. We forgot that his mother wan't picky about which diktator she slept with.

Reactions: taxme

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The last Canadian election was a rigged election. There is no way that this Marxist baboon should be the PM of Canada unless there was some fraud involved. Everybody I spoke to hated is guts. Canada has truly now become a corrupt third world country alright. The Marxist dicktator in Ottawa has already shown us what communist tyranny and dictatorship are all about. Oh the joy of it all. (n)
All one has to do is look at the election map. Toronto, which is not much bigger than a good sized ranch owns more politicians than many provinces and more than all the territories combined. Nice equality.

Reactions: taxme

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I like your idea, though. No, seriously. It sounds stupid at first reading, but think about it. . . maybe some kind of national "vote of no confidence?"

Structure it so. . . maybe periodically, or upon some trigger, the VOTERS could have a national referendum to kick out the President/PM?

As far as the Parliamentary system, it has its ups and downs. At least you never get split government like we have, where a minority of the Senate can bring everything to a screeching halt just by sticking its fingers in its ears and singing "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!" at the top of its voice.

That's frustrating, but important. It keeps us from swinging wildly back and forth.

Decades ago, I read a Star Trek novel that said the Vulcan government had two legislative chambers. The House of Laws could pass new laws only by a 3/4 supermajority. The House of Repeal could repeal any law on the books by a 1/4 minority.

Keep the code book short, that's for sure.

P.S. Sorry for the surly. Really tough week.
Meh, no worries, bro. It's not like I never get surly lol. But yeah, we need some sort of recall vote or a citizen's vote of no confidence.
We also have filibusters but they take place in the House of Commons. The Official Opposition can bring things to halt by forming a coalition with another opposition party. Our Senate isn't even elected, senators are appointed by the sitting PM and for the most part they just pencil whip shit through. Not always. but most of the time.

The biggest problem with electoral reform is it would require a Constitutional amendment. Quebec is the stumbling block to that. Even though they never signed the Constitution they can block any changes to it by simply saying "non". And the reason Quebec doesn't want to see any kind of electoral reform is because they're terrified of losing seats in Parliament. Although that's not the only reason Quebec has zero desire for Canada to revisit the Constitution.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Well, you didn't get it from all the obvious statements that indicated it, so I wasn't sure even the direct statement would get through the thick bone into the shit.

You're a spectacularly obtuse specimen; all need, fear, and stupidity.

You must really think that I am just as stupid as you are. I had an IQ test done the other day and I past with flying colors. I averaged around 110. By the looks of things, I hazard a guess that your IQ would be around 80. You need to take an IQ test to prove me wrong. Chuckle-chuckle.

You keep reminding me of what stupidity is really all about, chief. Most things you post here appear to be quite "stupidity" at times. Just saying. :p

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Anywho….back to the Emergencies Act Goat Rodeo & the architects behind its implementation and their Justin-ification.

Here’s a satirical look into the mind of Marco Mendicino from Justin’s inner circle:

Monday

They told me politics would be like this: You go into elected office intending to give back and offer of yourself. Instead you’re drawn into an ugly swamp of misinformation, partisan personal attacks and a more ethereal force I would refer to as “ingratitudinal disregard.”

The Emergencies Act was imposed to combat a literal insurrection by armed, foreign-funded, genocidal Confederate-Nazi white supremacists, and I was expected to show “restraint” in our response? We’re really going to parse over the details after I diffused the greatest existential threat to Canadian democracy since the Reform Party?

I am Her Majesty’s Minister of Public Safety. When I swore my oath to the Queen, I distinctly remember the words of Governor General Mary Simon. “Marco,” she said, “there are forces of tyranny who would take our great nation from us. It is because of you — and you alone — that right-thinking Canadians are able to sleep soundly in their beds at night.” There are other parliamentarians who may take these words lightly, but not me.

Tuesday

The opposition line, as I understand it, is that I was “wrong” to claim that law enforcement had requested the Emergencies Act in the face of police testimony to the contrary. Well, that’s misinformation and disinformation right there (and possibly superdisinformation).

I remember the event vividly: It was Feb. 13, 2022. In a Parliament Hill meeting room, I was called in for an emergency audience with the leading figures of Canadian law enforcement, including RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki and Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly. After we held hands and said a brief prayer for the continuance of our fragile country, the delegation kneeled and formally requested that I do all in my power to stop a tide of malevolence they could not staunch. “If this long national story of ours is to end at last, let it end only when each one of us lies choking in his own blood upon the ground,” I replied. The whole room clapped … or cried … I don’t remember which.

I understand that those present may have needed to change the narrative for political reasons, but it makes their betrayal no less bitter.

Wednesday

Today was a comparative day of rest for Marco Mendicino, but only because my usual enemies have instead turned on Transport Minister Omar Alghabra for his allegedly “stubborn” adherence to precautionary COVID measures at our border. While our ministries may differ, Omar and I face a common foe; the dark anti-science forces of supermegadisinformation. After the U.K. dropped mask and vaccine mandates at their border, the immediate result was a human catastrophe that I’ve been reliably informed was multiple times worse than the two world wars combined. A friend at the BBC recently told me that they suspect that their largest viewer demographic is now Britons who have died from COVID-19 in front of the TV. Tragically, there is no next-of-kin to find them because they, too, have died from COVID-19.

That’s what you get when you vote for Conservatives. I remember what Conservative House Leader John Brassard told me when we ran into each other at a parliamentary mixer earlier this year. He said, “Marco, if I could, I would infect every single man, woman and child in this country with COVID-19 as often as possible, because I am a Conservative.” You’ll forgive me if I find this position un-Canadian.

Thursday

I stand by my assertion that our freeze on handguns does not target legal gun owners. Of course, it *technically* targets legal gun owners, but what my disingenuous (and frankly racist) critics miss is that it isn’t the bill’s intention. The intention is to immediately stop all violence forever. If this is a goal you favour, I find it eerily petty that you would become pedantic about the details.

In the time it takes to write this sentence, 56,000 Canadians will die by gun violence. In my riding of Eglinton—Lawrence alone, 45 per cent of children under the age of 15 will be shot at least once this semester. Civic officials there have told me that storm drains are routinely congested by the daily tonnes of spent shell casings being swept into the water system.

Guns are also directly threatening our democracy; in the 2021 federal election an estimated 21 per cent of registered Western Canadian voters were literal firearms. The other night, during a community roundtable I was approached by a family of firearms. The family’s young daughter, a bolt-action .22, stepped forward to say, “Marco, I’m not comfortable living in a country that would have us as legal possessions. I beg of you to ban us.” I’ll do what I can, gun family, I’ll do what I can.

Friday

All of this manufactured far-right outrage serves just one purpose: to obstruct our government’s urgent agenda. I need not tell you this is a country plagued by crises. White supremacist terrorists have seized control of gyms, the banking sector and most of YouTube. Climate change has already rendered four out of 10 Canadian provinces unliveable, including New Brunswick and Saskatchewan. At least 45 species of Canadian mammals — including the polar bear, the snowshoe hare and the Northern collared lemming — face immediate extinction at the hands of plastic waste. We can and must do better.

When I was just a young Toronto prosecutor, I had a brief encounter with then-prime minister Stephen Harper. He told me, “Marco, I am an evil, evil man. If I feel happiness, it is only in witnessing the unjust suffering of decent men, and I have constructed the Conservative Party of Canada purely as a force that will sow chaos and sorrow for long after I’m dead.” Those words have stuck with me.