What are You Eating?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
My roommate just completed second year apprenticeship course so we went out for fish and chips at White Spot tonight. I feel fat now.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm eating pizza.

You haven't had pizza until you had pizza in Regina.

Ask Ron. He would agree without hesitation.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm eating pizza.

You haven't had pizza until you had pizza in Regina.

Ask Ron. He would agree without hesitation.

Wouldn't be Vern's Pizza would it. Verns is supposed to be about the best here and apparently it originated in Saskatoon.

head cheese ~ very popular in Gopherland

It's a delicacy for sure, but there are various grades of head cheese. Hard to get the really good stuff anymore- too much gelatin mixed in with a lot of it today. The stuff that comes in the tub by Schneiders isn't too bad, but it's not the best either.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Garbage food..

I think it was Al' bundy that made famous the "Cockroach theory" ..If we learn to live off garbage(S***).like the mighty CockRoach.We w ill learn to live Forever.....Or somethin' like that.

..I like that theory right now..

mmmm..Chips are my..Addiction..They are my Affliction.:)..mmmm..;)( Reeduced fat,,Low in something or other, 0 in something else that's not good for ya..- So ..They're healthy, Good for ya, Chips..It's OK..)

Oh yeah , and " Pops good for U 2, cuz it helps dissolve the Popcorn outta Ur Teeth".Steve's Theory

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
'' Hard to get the really good stuff anymore- too much gelatin mixed in with a lot of it today.''

True. I don't understand why these use gelatin today. When my dad used to buy it in the German butcher shops in Brooklyn back in the 50s and 60s there wasn't any gelatin. And the taste wasn't so bad, either. When I see it in the shops today, I turn away - looks too gruesome for me.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll sell you a sack of oats, wheat and flax. Just take a hammer to it and add some craisons and you'll have top notch gruel.