What a Friggin Waste

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
As a result of my "adventures with a medical marijuana prescription" I have been left somewhat puzzled. Since recreational legalization I don't understand why the "prescription" and recreational sources are still separate. They sell the same shit for the same prices. There's zero difference in potency range, even with the edibles and concentrates (which are a total joke). Then I thought "well okay, maybe it's because you can purchase more. The limit normally is 30g but with a script you can purchase up to 150g or more.
But that can't be it either because there's more than 5 weed shops just downtown alone where I live. Nothing is stopping anyone from hitting 5 of them in the same day, getting 30g from each and still ending up with 150g.

And then it dawned on me. This is Trudeau legislation so even though it was a good idea, he still managed to f*ck it up. Meanwhile the delivery services, or at least some of them, are selling far better quality products than either the "script market" or the recreational shops and for a more reasonable price.

As an aside, I just took delivery of a dried flower vaporizer and goddam it works great. It upped my weed's game, not like it needed upping but wow. This will definitely decrease my usage while providing even more effective relief.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I tried edibles, the roll your own kind and everything else to help me sleep...
Nothing worked...
Then I remembered in my younger days that I tried recreational smoking and it didn't do a thing for me when everyone else was getting buzzed!
I must be one of those people that is immune to that shit....

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So I got my first delivery of prescribed medical marijuana from Shoppers Drug Mart in the form of a couple of disposable vape pens. Well holy shit, the two pens had their own packaging and were wrapped in a big wad of bubble plastic, wrapped up in a plastic bag and finally enclosed in a big plastic shipping envelope. Seriously, it barely fit in my mailbox. Before that I had purchased 2 ounces of medical marijuana from an on-line dispensary and there was about 95% less packaging and it's reusable. Like, when's that supposed ban on single use plastics supposed to kick in?
So. . . you got your dope and suddenly you want the government to ban environmentally-hazardous waste?

Damn, they were right all along! The devil-weed marijuana really DOES turn folk into Communists!

Canadians, anyhow.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
D
So. . . you got your dope and suddenly you want the government to ban environmentally-hazardous waste?

Damn, they were right all along! The devil-weed marijuana really DOES turn folk into Communists!

Canadians, anyhow.
Ummm... Shopper's is a corporation ( You know Mussolini was, in his own words, a banker funded "Corporatist" - Please refer to the ( before fakenews) definition of Fascist.
;)
It should be right there in the fine print on yer democratic nation of whatever name tag.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So. . . you got your dope
No, I got my legally prescribed medication.
and suddenly you want the government to ban environmentally-hazardous waste?
Suddenly? This govt announced it was banning single-use plastics at least 2 years ago. And nothing sudden about it. One can TRY to be environmentally responsible without being a f*cktard about it. Being smart is different than being a shrieking leftard running scared about the falling sky and wanting to ban the use of shit because they don't know any better.

Canadians, anyhow.
I know you think you're being funny but my parents were conservatives and they taught me to appreciate conservation. Note the similarity between those two words.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I tried edibles, the roll your own kind and everything else to help me sleep...
Nothing worked...
Then I remembered in my younger days that I tried recreational smoking and it didn't do a thing for me when everyone else was getting buzzed!
I must be one of those people that is immune to that shit....
Man, it must suck not having any cannabinoid receptors. I know what you mean though. I"ve never gotten shit off of coke other than a numbed nostril.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, I got my legally prescribed medication.

Suddenly? This govt announced it was banning single-use plastics at least 2 years ago. And nothing sudden about it. One can TRY to be environmentally responsible without being a f*cktard about it. Being smart is different than being a shrieking leftard running scared about the falling sky and wanting to ban the use of shit because they don't know any better.

I know you think you're being funny but my parents were conservatives and they taught me to appreciate conservation. Note the similarity between those two words.
Well, I don't think I'm THAT funny, or I wouldn't be giving it away free to a pathetically small audience of Canadian curmudgeons.

Reactions: Mowich

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
As I keep researching the medicinal aspects of marijuana I've learned that it's not just about potency, although it sure don't hurt. Terpine profiles are also important. For example, if you want to treat neuropathy try a strain that has a high Linalool, Myrcene, Caryophyllene profile. Any of them will help but two or three of them together with a strong profile should really do the trick although most strains already have high levels of Myrcene and Caryophyllene. It's the addition of the Linalool that really makes a strain effective for neuropathy.

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As I keep researching the medicinal aspects of marijuana I've learned that it's not just about potency, although it sure don't hurt. Terpine profiles are also important. For example, if you want to treat neuropathy try a strain that has a high Linalool, Myrcene, Caryophyllene profile. Any of them will help but two or three of them together with a strong profile should really do the trick although most strains already have high levels of Myrcene and Caryophyllene. It's the addition of the Linalool that really makes a strain effective for neuropathy.
Jin, have you been letting your cat walk across the keyboard again?

Just kidding. This is valuable info, and a good starting point for research.

Any advice on med-mar for arthritis pain?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Jin, have you been letting your cat walk across the keyboard again?

Just kidding. This is valuable info, and a good starting point for research.

Any advice on med-mar for arthritis pain?
Look for something with a strong terpene profile of Linalool, Alpha-Pinene and Myrcene. Lavender essential oils will also help so that plus a med-mar with the terpene profile I mentioned and you should be good to go. I hope this helps in any way.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Look for something with a strong terpene profile of Linalool, Alpha-Pinene and Myrcene. Lavender essential oils will also help so that plus a med-mar with the terpene profile I mentioned and you should be good to go. I hope this helps in any way.
The "terps" can be bought individually and blended to gain a specific profile. Candles, soaps, skin creme, bong water, diffusion etc etc etc.

Reactions: Jinentonix