WE really need to get rid of this guy

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So. . . the usual list of whimpers. Here's a bet. . . if Pete Poo-lover gets into the PM's office, and changes nothing, at least 3/4 of the complaints on this board will vanish.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Loblaws is basically engaging in "price gouging".

Well, with the main grocery store in town here being a Loblaws brand store, I can unequivocally say that yes, they ARE engaging in price gouging. Maybe they aren't in other places, but here? Absolutely.

Just sayin.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well, with the main grocery store in town here being a Loblaws brand store, I can unequivocally say that yes, they ARE engaging in price gouging. Maybe they aren't in other places, but here? Absolutely.

Just sayin.
Chain prices are set nationally.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

Just sayin.
We have a Loblaws based store, a Foodland , a Food Basics (Metro) and Walmart. The Loblaws store is much more expensive, but the quality of the store is much better. Some people are willing to pay and that that quality costs. That said, across all the stores it is too expensive. We watch the sales closely.

This BS investigation is just Trudeau realizing he is in trouble and grabbing at straws. He could give 2 fucks about us and our problems.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
….This BS investgation is just Trudeau realizing he is in trouble and grabbing at straws.
Which he banned….
He could give 2 fucks about us and our problems.
This below, not above, is what matters to JT…& after 8 years the rest is just smoke and mirrors…
1695128161451.jpeg

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Former Liberal deputy PM says Trudeau should quit, cites 'Seinfeld rule'
Author of the article:postmedia News
Published Sep 20, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 1 minute read

Justin Trudeau should adhere to the “Seinfeld rule” and not run as Liberal Party leader in the next federal election, a former Liberal deputy prime minister said.

John Manley, who was deputy PM from 2002 to 2003 in the Jean Chretien government and retired from politics in 2004, made the observation during an interview earlier this week.

“I always have thought, at least in modern Canadian political history, that there’s what I call a ‘Seinfeld rule’ at play,” Manley told BNN Bloomberg.

Manley pointed out the show, which starred comedian Jerry Seinfeld, lasted nine seasons and he suggested it was time for Trudeau to step down, comparing the current Liberal leader to previous prime ministers who did not continue in the job past a decade.

“So 2025, Mr. Trudeau will have had 10 seasons,” Manley said. “Before him, Stephen Harper — nine seasons. Before him, Jean Chretien — 10 seasons. Before him, Brian Mulroney — nine seasons. You want a renewal after 10 seasons?

“The odds are against it, quite apart from anything else. Time for a change is a force of nature in politics.”

When Seinfeld decided to end the sitcom after nine seasons, the actor cited the delicate balance of priorities to make something great and not mediocre, despite turning down a reported $5 million per episode for a 10th season.

According to recent polling from Abacus Data, if an election were held today, the Conservatives would receive 41% support from committed voters, the Liberals 26%, the NDP 18% and the Greens 4%.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Cabinet spent more than a quarter of a million on Vancouver inflation retreat
A Conservative MP asked for the costs over $1,000 related to the summit

Author of the article:postmedia News
Published Sep 21, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 1 minute read

Apparently, just talking about inflation costs a lot of money.

Records show the Liberal cabinet spent $275,000 to attend a three-day retreat on inflation in Vancouver last September, reports Blacklock’s Reporter.

Of the total costs of $275,469, according to an Inquiry Of Ministry tabled in the Commons, room charges to stay at a Vancouver Hyattt were $129,469.

The records show cabinet also hired private security guards at $11,533, despite RCMP being on location, and catering expenses were $46,266, including $8,850 from The Cactus Club Cafe, which sells an $88 “millionaire’s cut” steak and lobster plate.

At the time, Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland told reporters in Vancouver she was in touch with Canadians’ feelings on the cost of living.

“It was really important for me to get that kind of direct fingertip feel of what is happening with the Canadian economy and what Canadians are feeling,” she said.

The Trudeau Liberals said their policies were bringing inflation down and then it went up again and is expected to go further.

The cost of the meeting came after the Conservative MP Rob Morrison (Kootenay-Columbia, B.C.) asked for all spending over $1,000 by category “related to the cabinet retreat which took place in Vancouver from Sept 6-8, 2022.”

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Whoopsies again?

Zelenskyy leads a country at war with a nuclear superpower. Russia’s primary justification for attacking Ukraine was to falsely claim it was liberating the oppressed Ukrainian people from being controlled by Nazis. That is the basis of Putin’s War against Ukraine. And the majority of Russian citizens believe this to be true.

Canada has now provided Putin and Russia with propaganda gold: President Zelenskyy, standing in the Canadian Parliament, beaming, and applauding enthusiastically, in honour of a 98-year-old Ukrainian-Canadian man who served in the Waffen SS in Ukraine in WWII.

This is an unmitigated crisis for Zelenskyy.

But just another blunder for PM Trudeau. For eight years, he’s been representing Canada on the global stage with stunning incompetence, yet he’s been showered with praise. He was re-elected. He was emboldened.

There’s not much lower he can take us. But I have every confidence that he will find a way to do so.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Whoopsies again?

Zelenskyy leads a country at war with a nuclear superpower. Russia’s primary justification for attacking Ukraine was to falsely claim it was liberating the oppressed Ukrainian people from being controlled by Nazis. That is the basis of Putin’s War against Ukraine. And the majority of Russian citizens believe this to be true.

Canada has now provided Putin and Russia with propaganda gold: President Zelenskyy, standing in the Canadian Parliament, beaming, and applauding enthusiastically, in honour of a 98-year-old Ukrainian-Canadian man who served in the Waffen SS in Ukraine in WWII.

This is an unmitigated crisis for Zelenskyy.

But just another blunder for PM Trudeau. For eight years, he’s been representing Canada on the global stage with stunning incompetence, yet he’s been showered with praise. He was re-elected. He was emboldened.

There’s not much lower he can take us. But I have every confidence that he will find a way to do so.

First, wrong, Zelenskyy didn't lead the country to a war, that "Superpower" attacked first. On basis of that bullshit opening sentence alone, the rest of the 'article' isn't worth shit.

That said.

EVERY MP stood up to applaud this guy. Not just Trudeau, not just Zelenskyy, EVERYONE.

The blunder was on the MP who brought him to the House thinking that because he fought in Ukraine in WWII, he was a war hero. The fact NO ONE realized what it meant is the fuck up.

And Putin now has the "proof" he needs.

I feel sorry for Zelenskyy, and for Canada as a whole because we'll be to blame for backlash for this. Right or wrong.

Pretty sure though that, as a Jew, Zelenskyy is freaking the fuck out in private now that he cheered for this guy.

(And I haven't even heard the speech he gave, so...)

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
First, wrong, Zelenskyy didn't lead the country to a war, that "Superpower" attacked first. On basis of that bullshit opening sentence alone, the rest of the 'article' isn't worth shit.

That said.

EVERY MP stood up to applaud this guy. Not just Trudeau, not just Zelenskyy, EVERYONE.

The blunder was on the MP who brought him to the House thinking that because he fought in Ukraine in WWII, he was a war hero. The fact NO ONE realized what it meant is the fuck up.

I feel sorry for Zelenskyy, and for Canada as a whole because we'll be to blame for backlash for this. Right or wrong.

Pretty sure though that, as a Jew, Zelenskyy is freaking the fuck out in private now that he cheered for this guy.

(And I haven't even heard the speech he gave, so...)
Whose job was it to vet the guy? The Nazi Veteran, not Zelenskyy, I mean. 😉

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Zelenskyy leads a country at war with a nuclear superpower….
…Zelenskyy didn't lead the country to a war, that "Superpower" attacked first…
Russia’s primary justification for attacking Ukraine was to falsely claim it was liberating the oppressed Ukrainian people from being controlled by Nazis.
I concur. Zelenskyy didn’t lead the country to a war, & I also agree that “Superpower” being Russia attacked first. You and I and the National Post are all on the same page here.
That said.

Yes, they did. They trusted that the PMO & the Privy Council had vetted the individual in question, and they all learned a valuable lesson here I guess.
The blunder was on the MP who brought him to the House thinking that because he fought in Ukraine in WWII, he was a war hero.
That MP happened to be the Speaker of the House, who’s probably going to fall on his sword over this one.
The fact NO ONE realized what it meant is the fuck up.
The fact that this man wasn’t vetted by the PMO or the Privy Council or the hoard of paid consultants circling this government is the fuck up.

Yep. Sad but true. It’ll get milked.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Now, the New Democrats and Bloc Quebecois want Rota to step down and the Conservatives are suggesting Rota is being used as a scapegoat for what they see as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's failure to vet all who were present in the House for the historic occasion.

"Canadians are sick and tired of a prime minister who never takes responsibility for the things that happen under his watch. Whether it's the record high inflation or interest rates… or the constant international embarrassments, he always finds someone else to throw under the bus. Are you that person?" Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre asked, in an uncommon scene in the House that saw Rota presiding over a back-and-forth that was dominated by discussion of his widely condemned decision.

First thing on Monday morning, Rota apologized to all MPs and took full responsibility.
That MP happened to be the Speaker of the House, who’s probably going to fall on his sword over this one.
While letting Rota's apology stand, Trudeau—who was not in question period on Monday— called it a "profoundly embarrassing" situation, and said he was thinking about the impact it is having on Jewish parliamentarians.

Speaking briefly to reporters on Parliament Hill, Trudeau did not take responsibility, saying that "it's going to be really important that all of us push back against Russian propaganda, Russian disinformation, and continue our steadfast and unequivocal support for Ukraine."
1695699830509.jpeg

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Pressure is ramping up for House of Commons Speaker Anthony Rota to resign, with all parties now publicly calling for him to "do the honourable thing" and vacate the Speaker's chair over his invitation to and the House's subsequent recognition of a man who fought for a Nazi unit during the Second World War.

These calls, now coming from senior Liberal cabinet ministers, etc…
1695746132337.jpeg
….protect the PM by throwing Rota under the “Bus Trudeau” even though the Nazi Veteran should have been vetted by the PMO & the Privy Council…even though Trudeau is toxic to the Liberals at this point. The only surprising thing for me is that Rota isn’t a woman ‘cuz 2015-ish, etc…

While the prime minister would not comment on whether he still has confidence in Rota, Trudeau said he's sure the Speaker is "reflecting now on how to ensure the dignity of the House going forward."

"As I said yesterday, this was deeply embarrassing for the House, and for Canada. It's a good thing that Speaker Rota apologized personally." ?????

Who’s the Captain of the SS Liberal/NDP again? Rota? Singh? Wilson-Raybould? Etc…?

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
….protect the PM by throwing Rota under the “Bus Trudeau” even though the Nazi Veteran should have been vetted by the PMO & the Privy Council…even though Trudeau is toxic to the Liberals at this point. The only surprising thing for me is that Rota isn’t a woman ‘cuz 2015-ish, etc…
House of Commons Speaker Anthony Rota has resigned amid international controversy over his recognition of a Ukrainian war veteran who fought in a Nazi unit.
Who’s the Captain of the SS Liberal/NDP again? Rota? Singh? Wilson-Raybould? Etc…?
The PM, PMO, & Privey Council all have a scapegoat…& they took it. Later Tony…

Reactions: petros