Wall Spammers !!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Some of you may have noticed in the last little while that we've been getting spammed on the member's walls. Thanks to those of you who've reported it when you've found it... this is just a little request to all of you to keep your eyes open - maybe pay a more frequent visits to your own wall... and even to some of your friend's walls - it's tougher for us to find this stuff because it doesn't appear on our thread list so the only way we're gonna catch it is if we get reports on it.

Thanks everyone!

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I learnt about the housing market in the phillipines from mine.

Some real estate agent type guy put it on.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
yep, they have to join to post anywhere - even walls.

I noticed that you can login with a Facebook address and password.. Could they be coming in that way.. Perhaps asking Andem would be a thought.. I noticed that on my lunch when I looked at the site without logging in..

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
No Sir Francis, these are people who join just like other spammers - they've just figured out another wiley little way to be sneaky.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
No Sir Francis, these are people who join just like other spammers - they've just figured out another wiley little way to be sneaky.

Yes, they also like to spam their wares on their own walls. Annoying.:roll:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
ok CanadianLove, thanks.... if it happens again, can you make a note of the name so we can find the rotter and ban them?

I thought that unless an administrator removed the wall posting...the name of the poster remained, and so did the name of whoever removed or edited the post....no?

I tested this theory on my own wall.....:lol:

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I thought that unless an administrator removed the wall posting...the name of the poster remained, and so did the name of whoever removed or edited the post....no?

Maybe it was in another forum. I thought it was here because this was the the I first posted the BUY CANADIAN and it came on in about 2 hours after that. So I figured it was someone yanking my chain. Could have been one of the others though.

It is gone from here.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

The Mods can do a "hard delete" of any messages on the wall, which will physically remove them and not leave any remnant on that person's wall. It makes it look a little cleaner that way. I personally deleted any of that dumbah's spam messages from people's walls.:smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Maybe it was in another forum. I thought it was here because this was the the I first posted the BUY CANADIAN and it came on in about 2 hours after that. So I figured it was someone yanking my chain. Could have been one of the others though.

It is gone from here.

It was from here, CanadianLove. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I physically deleted it so your wall wouldn't be as cluttered.:smile:

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
I had the same spam about realestate in the Phillipines on my wall as well and noticed that it's gone now. Thanks for getting rid of it. I'll alert if I see anything more in the future.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I had the same spam about realestate in the Phillipines on my wall as well and noticed that it's gone now. Thanks for getting rid of it. I'll alert if I see anything more in the future.

No problem.:smile:

No one should have to see that sort of garbage every time they visit their profile.