Voting a privilege?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Agreed that is why full forensic audits should happen across the country to see who lied Biden or Trump

Do you think Biden lied when he said he had the greatest team ever put together to steal the election?
When did Trump ever NOT lie? :)

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I
yet, it's a right for jailbirds???????
Stupid isn't it?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Personally I agree that it is a duty. As for right v. privilege... I'm actually torn. Voting CAN be taken away from you for various reasons, which would put it in the privilege camp, and yet voting is touted as a Right to anyone and everyone within the parameters allowed by law; whether you actually use that right or not doesn't matter.

So in the case of the US, voting has always been touted as a "Right" but now it's suggested it's not, rather it's a privilege so long as you fit certain demographics/restrictions.

And if that's the case, the US can no longer claim itself to be a "Free, Democratic" society.
They have never been a "democratic" society - they're a Republic. There's a difference apparently.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
They have never been a "democratic" society - they're a Republic. There's a difference apparently.
Actually there is. In a true democracy (never existed anywhere as it is unworkable) every person weighs in on every decision and majority rules. What we have in the west is some forms of representative democracy where we send a representative to vote for us although once sent he/she is free to do as he/she pleases until we get to send him/her again or not.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Well, when Biden first took office, he said addressing the problem of Covid was one of his first priorities & as far as I can see he's followed through on that!
Following Trump's plan, how does it look now since he diverged from the warp speed plan?