UN Urged To Declare Canada's Treatment Of Aboriginals 'Genocide'

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Are you implying that they're lying about the government programs that the government has apologized for?
Nope! I state categorically that the truth will be found somewhere between the two sides as in any issue.
The residential school settlement included the formation of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Their inquiries, hearings, and interviews over the last few years, have been part of the settlement, and their findings have been a motivating factor in the resurgence of the debate over whether we call a spade a spade, or keep pretending it wasn't quite a spade, because the Germans were worse.
I already said it, bad sh*t happened. You feel better if it gets called 'genocide'? Does it change anything? It doesn't really matter to me, I wasn't around to participate in or sponsor any of it. Or is this just so they can go back to some liberal judge and ask for more money to make it all better? Because then I do care that it is my money and my offspring's money they want and we didn't do anything to deserve punishment.
OMFG. Adding Residential Schools denier to your C.V. now are you? Oh let me guess, it was all made up....for the ****ing money right?
Please do go back through the thread and find where I deny anything but my participation or liability. I've said it all along....bad sh*t happened. I'll say it again in case you didn't hear BAD SH*T HAPPENED!! Do we need chorus for you to follow along? Bad sh*t happened and I didn't do any of it. I didn't ask anyone to do any of it. I didn't sponsor any of it in any way. So WTF do you want from me? What can I do to make those that are not over it to feel better. Just don't say cash because that ain't making things better.
Jesus Christ
No, he didn't do any of it either but please go ahead and ask the church for the money that makes everyone's feeling all better.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
How many deaths constitute a genocide?

According to the definition Goober put up none!....You just have to mess with their heads and get in the way of their success or take their kids away.

The convention defines genocide as any act committed with the idea of destroying in whole or in part a national, ethnic, racial or religious group. This includes such acts as:

Killing members of the group
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
Deliberately inflicting conditions calculated to physically destroy the group (the whole group or even part of the group)
Forcefully transferring children of the group to another group

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Nope! I state categorically that the truth will be found somewhere between the two sides as in any issue.
I already said it, bad sh*t happened. You feel better if it gets called 'genocide'? Does it change anything? It doesn't really matter to me.....

What you've been stating is that it can be called whatever we want so long as it doesn't cost you money. That's not about truth. That's about spin.

Will it make me feel better? no. A large number of my family are 'stolen'. Calling it a genocide doesn't make me feel 'better' about that for some funny reason.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
What you've been stating is that it can be called whatever we want so long as it doesn't cost you money. That's not about truth. That's about spin.

Will it make me feel better? no. A large number of my family are 'stolen'. Calling it a genocide doesn't make me feel 'better' about that for some funny reason.
It doesn't matter what you name it. Exactly. We can agree it was horrible stuff but I didn't do any of it. That's the truth. It shouldn't cost me money.
So will a large sum of money make you feel better?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Again...if its about truth then it was bad stuff happening and I didn't do it. Why can't you accept that? Is it not the truth?

It's the truth in limited scope.

I was in a car accident once. That tells you nothing. It may have been a fender bender, it may have been a rollover, no one may have been hurt, or people may have died. Accuracy tells history.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It's the truth in limited scope.

I was in a car accident once. That tells you nothing. It may have been a fender bender, it may have been a rollover, no one may have been hurt, or people may have died. Accuracy tells history.

You seem to miss the point. Accuracy means what? Who did this and who did that? I know for a fact I didnt do any of it so what do you want from me? An admission that some white dude took your grandmothers kids away? Fine I admit that happened. What do you want from me to make it better? Why do you want anything from me? Just because I am white like the guy who fuked over your family doesn't mean you can come to me for reparations, or does it in your mind?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
How many deaths constitute a genocide?
According to the Genocide convention, none. Genocide is actions taken against a people intended to wipe out their identity.

For example, Stalin killed more people than Hitler did. But because he was not intending to wipe out their identity, he's just a crazy, violent mass murderer.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
According to the Genocide convention, none. Genocide is actions taken against a people intended to wipe out their identity.

How 'bout the over promotion of the gansta lifestyle? Millions of kids being indoctrinated to wear ball caps sideways and their pants down around their thighs.... Totally undermines any familial traditional culture that could be fostered in the home.

No doubt, a clear case of genocide - better call the UN

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
How 'bout the over promotion of the gansta lifestyle? Millions of kids being indoctrinated to wear ball caps sideways and their pants down around their thighs.... Totally undermines any familial traditional culture that could be fostered in the home.

No doubt, a clear case of genocide - better call the UN
How very droll.