U.S. lawmakers introduce bill to leave NAFTA

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I support NAFTA in principle, but only if both sides respect it. US access to Canadian resources comes with a price. That is to allow Canadians access to US markets. If we can't get equal access to their markets, they should not get equal access to Canadian resources. The Americans can get in line with China, Japan, India...

Never happen.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How does NAFTA compare to Naftalan? I just LOVE some of these little inside jokes your string pullers use.

Have a nice day.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I support NAFTA in principle, but only if both sides respect it. US access to Canadian resources comes with a price. That is to allow Canadians access to US markets. If we can't get equal access to their markets, they should not get equal access to Canadian resources. The Americans can get in line with China, Japan, India...

I agree. Canada needs to diversify its exports. Because of the recession 70% of our exports go the US, and that is due to decreased demand from the US. It will rise when the US economy recovers.

NAFTA made Mexico and Canada spokes on a wheel with the US at the centre. This is not true globalization because Mexico and Canada trade very little with each other. Latin American nations like Brazil aren't interested in NAFTA because of this so no important countries were added to it.