Two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line injure dozens: reports

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I'm not sure such a limp-wristed English punch deserves the term "lashing." And no, not really. I think he's limping out because he lives in a has-been country dominated by its ex-colonies and France and Germany.

Mags had the last pair of intact testicles south of Hadrian's Wall. Now that she's gone, the highest English virtue is impotent spite.
Now now......don't act out like a "typical" American.....it's unbecoming don't ya know.....

No... this is Blackleaf through and through.
And this doesn't become you......

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
It's funny how the Bostonians funded the IRA for years but then complain when terrorism like they were funding hits their city.

The irony is not lost on millions in Britain, I'm afraid.

I gave you a thumbs up for Irony, but my Irish background is offended by this ironic statement.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Can you tell me what I'm saying wrong?

They can't because you aren't.

I'm merely telling the truth that there'll be many people in Britain who think it hugely ironic that a city which gave loads of money to the IRA via NORAID should suffer its own terrorist attack exactly like an IRA attack. It's uncanny.

And guess which city NORAID was based in?

Yep, you guessed it. Boston.

The sheer irony...

My niece is in England and she sees it the same way. A few here would like to blame her (like you) for the way some people in England think. That is only because they have nothing sensible to say.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
People said exactly the same thing that I'm saying now when another city which funded the IRA - New York - suffered from its own terrorist attack on 9/11.

The irony that New York City suffered a terrorist attack was not lost on many people in Britain.

And it was no coincidence that American funding of the IRA dropped hugely after 9/11.

There are twisted miserable people in every country. Thankfully they're a small minority, and society doesn't appreciate their twisted bull.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Can anyone tell me what I'm saying wrong?

The fact that Boston, the headquarters of NORAID, an IRA fundraising organisation, suffers not only a terrorist attack but one which has IRA hallmarks is deeply ironic and whilst this irony is obviously lost on North Americans - as this thread shows - it isn't lost on Britons.

I gave you a thumbs up for Irony, but my Irish background is offended by this ironic statement.

And I was offended by Boston raising money for the IRA.

But I will say again: The fact that Boston, the headquarters of IRA fundraising organisation NORAID, suffers not only a terrorist attack but one which has the hallmarks of the IRA (bombs in litter bins, etc) is deeply ironic and deeply uncanny.

You can whinge about it all you like, but it's a fact.

A quick google will show others on the interweb pointing out the same irony.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

The fact that Boston, the headquarters of NORAID, an IRA fundraising organisation, suffers not only a terrorist attack but one which has IRA hallmarks is deeply ironic and whilst this irony is obviously lost on North Americans - as this thread shows - it isn't lost on Britons.

And the fact that there are ******* Britons just like there are *******s everywhere else in the world, isn't something people feel like arguing.
Now move along and stop gloating, your twisted fuc k is showing.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And the fact that there are ******* Britons just like there are *******s everywhere else in the world, isn't something people feel like arguing.
Now move along and stop gloating, your twisted fuc k is showing.

What makes you think I'm gloating?

I'm pointing out the IRONY that Boston has suffered a terror attack. IRA victims' families in Britain will probably see it a just desserts, though.

Again, you can whinge and complain about it, but it's all fact. There's nothing you can do about it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What makes you think I'm glaoting?

The fact that you're calling it irony, and the fact that you've said it, practically verbatim, 5+ times now. YOU feel this way, and are couching it as the opinions of others like a coward.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The fact that you're calling it irony, and the fact that you've said it, practically verbatim, 5+ times now. YOU feel this way, and are couching it as the opinions of others like a coward.

I disagree. Many in Britain see it as ironic. I'll say it as well. That doesn't mean I feel this way.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

From a British point of view, it is deeply ironic.

And it cannot be hard for even you to see the irony that a city where IRA fundraising group NORAID was headquartered and where it received a lot of its money has just suffered a terror attack.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Given that London is a major breeding ground for terrorism will Brits find it ironic the next time they suffer a terrorist attack?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Given that London is a major breeding ground for terrorism will Brits find it ironic the next time they suffer a terrorist attack?

The only thing ironic at the moment is that Boston has suffered an IRA-like attack.

How can you not see the irony?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I disagree. Many in Britain see it as ironic. I'll say it as well. That doesn't mean I feel this way.

seeing it as suspect, seeing it as perhaps linked, seeing it as a possibility that it's why.... that implies knowledge of the history of terrorism and of world issues, and an ability connect a to b.

Stating 5 times 'well isn't that ironic', is not simply seeing something as an interesting coincidence, it's implying you see it as a comeuppance.

Sorry, but I've know BL long enough, and seen his pattern of involvement, to know he's not simply saying 'it's ironic'.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And this doesn't become you......

Yes... got ahead of myself. Thatcher wouldn't be one of those people like BL. It surprised me first thing in the morning to see that from him but I should not have been.

Sorry, but I've know BL long enough, and seen his pattern of involvement, to know he's not simply saying 'it's ironic'.

Oh yeah... he hasn't been involved in a thread like this in years. He's enjoying himself for sure.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Yes... got ahead of myself. Thatcher wouldn't be one of those people like BL. It surprised me first thing in the morning to see that from him but I should not have been.

Oh yeah... he hasn't been involved in a thread like this in years. He's enjoying himself for sure.
Maybe I haven't been here long enough to see him post anything but "British flag waivers" until this morning.......

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Maybe I haven't been here long enough to see him post anything but "British flag waivers" until this morning.......

You're right. When he first came on CanCon he used to be active but for many years now he's just spammed us with large posts of flag waving or other uninteresting things on the brits.

This morning he's been active and cheerful.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The only thing ironic at the moment is that Boston has suffered an IRA-like attack.

How can you not see the irony?

Well, Micks do make up a substantial percentage of Boston's population, there must be several hundred Kennedys. -:)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Your statement that because some people in Boston (not Boston) helped to fund the IRA, therefore all people in Boston decades later deserve to be attacked by terrorists.

By that logic, everybody in London deserved to be attacked by the IRA because people in London funded and trained the Paras and Gusty Spence & Co.