Two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line injure dozens: reports

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Revenge is what first comes to mind for such a large attack. That does not mean they are lacking empathy for all, just for their victims.
Next it comes down to who perpetrated the attack, then motives can be determined.
It was domestic.

Home made black powder devices, the garbage cans provided shrapnel.

Low over-pressure, huge slow flash, white smoke and a thump rather than a bang or boom.

Commercial/military explosives don't smoke like that or flash like that.

The minimal smoke from commercial/military is usually yellowish/orangy/brownish from the oxidizers and sulphates.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My heart goes out to the people of Boston, the innocent people hurt and killed by this terrible act, and the families of those hurt and killed.

Yep, there's some real bastards in this world!

How horrible, hopefully the perp/s will be caught and tried for this low down cowardly act!

Yep, the sad part is when/if they do the lawyers will keep the case open for years. I'm not sure if Massatchusetts has "Ol' Sparky", but if so it should be getting a tune up!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There'll be lots of people in Britain looking with glee at a city which funded the IRA suffering from an IRA-like attack.

Now Bostonians know what the people of Britain had to put up with for many years - rather than an isolated attack like Boston - by a terror organisation which they funded.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There'll be lots of people in Britain looking with glee at a city which funded the IRA suffering from an IRA-like attack.

Now Bostonians know what the people of Britain had to put up with for many years - rather than an isolated attack like Boston - by a terror organisation which they funded.
Seriously? You feel glee over the deaths of three people and wounding of more than 100 because some of the IRA's funding came from Boston?

You are one sick motherhumper. Bet the Shankill Butchers just got your little wiener hard, didn't they?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Seriously? You feel glee over the deaths of three people and wounding of more than 100 because some of the IRA's funding came from Boston?

You are one sick motherhumper. Bet the Shankill Butchers just got your little wiener hard, didn't they?

Yes he does.He's another one of those Yank haters to the core.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

I'm merely telling the truth. You're one naive individual if you don't think there are many people in Britain looking with glee at a city which funded the IRA suffering from its own IRA-like attack.

The fact that Boston has suffered a terrorist attack caused by bombs placed in litter bins, just like the IRA used to do (such as in 1993 in Warrington when two children were killed and many injured), must be one of the great ironies of the century.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I am sure all those killed yesterday were Irish Republicans from the Irish neighborhoods.

Idiot.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm merely telling the truth. You're one naive individual if you don't think there are many people in Britain looking with glee at a city which funded the IRA suffering from its own IRA-like attack.
So am I. I repeat, you're a sick motherhumper. How do you feel about Liverpool? A lot of the IRA's funding came from there too.

The fact that Boston has suffered a terrorist attack caused by bombs placed in littler bins, just like the IRA used to do (such as in 1993 in Warrington), must be one of the great ironies of the century.
Hey, I'm perfectly cool with the country that burned the White House getting fu*ked up by anybody who feels like doing it. . . Irish, Muslims, Germans, whatever.

England had it coming.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I am sure all those killed yesterday were Irish Republicans from the Irish neighborhoods.

Idiot.

People said exactly the same thing that I'm saying now when another city which funded the IRA - New York - suffered from its own terrorist attack on 9/11.

The irony that New York City suffered a terrorist attack was not lost on many people in Britain.

And it was no coincidence that American funding of the IRA dropped hugely after 9/11.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
T-Bones... he's just another hater and is enjoying the morning.

Another thankless brit who still thinks the sun rises and sets on the empire.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Can you tell me what I'm saying wrong?

I'm merely telling the truth that there'll be many people in Britain who think it hugely ironic that a city which gave loads of money to the IRA via NORAID should suffer its own terrorist attack exactly like an IRA attack. It's uncanny.

And guess which city NORAID was based in?

Yep, you guessed it. Boston.

The sheer irony...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Three posts from other than some silly briddish post... you're having too much fun this morning.

Again... any Irish Republicans killed yesterday?

I doubt any donors from the S. Boston- Charlestown neigborhoods were killed.

But ok Blackleaf... ok... enjoy the day.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Three posts from other than some silly briddish post... you're having too much fun this morning.

Again... any Irish Republicans killed yesterday?

I doubt any donors from the S. Boston- Charlestown neigborhoods were killed.

But ok Blackleaf... ok... enjoy the day.

It's funny how the Bostonians funded the IRA for years but then complain when terrorism like they were funding hits their city.

The irony is not lost on millions in Britain, I'm afraid.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Can you tell me what I'm saying wrong?

I'm merely telling the truth
Not entirely. You are carefully avoiding telling the truth that you, personally, are delighted.

Hardly surprising. This is the sort of decency we've learned to expect from the English.

The jealousy of the client states, Eagle. Comes with the territory when you're a power. Especially from the client states that used to be powers.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Could it be that he is just lashing out after all the shyte posted in the Margaret Thatcher thread?
I'm not sure such a limp-wristed English punch deserves the term "lashing." And no, not really. I think he's limping out because he lives in a has-been country dominated by its ex-colonies and France and Germany.

Mags had the last pair of intact testicles south of Hadrian's Wall. Now that she's gone, the highest English virtue is impotent spite.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It's funny how the Bostonians funded the IRA for years but then complain when terrorism like they were funding hits their city.

The irony is not lost on millions in Britain, I'm afraid.

Just because somebody from Boston allegedly does something doesn't mean all people from Boston do something or should be held responsible.

And I doubt most Britons would be gleeful. Probably only the sick and twisted few (like yourself).