Trudeau Liberals surge ahead over Conservatives

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
So are you saying the CPC is extreme right wing while PC was sensible and O'Tool is sensible therefore not acceptable to the West?
Nope, PC is the old party that got destroyed after Malooney was voted out for GST and NAFTA, never came back until the Reform party united with it to create CPC party. The Reform party couldn't gain traction East of the Manitoba border even though they were official opposition for years until they merged with the central Canada wing of the PC party., Also gave into the demands to have Preston Manning step down making room for Harper born in Ontario raised in Calgary to be the new leader of the merged party.

Now the central PC party thinks they can rise back up into their old position of Liberal lite centrist position and rule the country from a moderate Liberal position while maintaining the West's support. That's why I've been saying he has only one chance to prove himself to the West and he his failing.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Nope, PC is the old party that got destroyed after Malooney was voted out for GST and NAFTA, never came back until the Reform party united with it to create CPC party. The Reform party couldn't gain traction East of the Manitoba border even though they were official opposition for years until they merged with the central Canada wing of the PC party., Also gave into the demands to have Preston Manning step down making room for Harper born in Ontario raised in Calgary to be the new leader of the merged party.

Now the central PC party thinks they can rise back up into their old position of Liberal lite centrist position and rule the country from a moderate Liberal position while maintaining the West's support. That's why I've been saying he has only one chance to prove himself to the West and he his failing.

So...

What I said, then.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I couldn't do nearly as good, but at least I'd start out by TRYING to fill positions with the MOST qualified people, NOT trying to attain a balance between genders. Overriding that fact I'd hope I have enough brains not to run in the first place! Eron O'Toole should just tell us WHAT he is going to do and QUIT sniping at Trudeau 24/7. We ALL know he's a loser, but it's too late, for get it! :)
WHat? No regional parity? DOn't you know that buying votes is more important than good government?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Don't kid yourself. This isn't the first time.

Canada's first Seperatist Protest Party was lead by Haultain in 1905 just 20 years after our Civil War in 1885.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The Toole has no support West of Ontario