Trudeau has eyes set on a great reset for Canada

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
At this point in time $175,000 would be obscene...…Best case scenario now would be as many families as possible receiving $40 - $50,000 to put grub on the table and pay the rent! It is not a time for greed.
The BC NDP hired a consultant to advise on the transition after the last election for a little over $11000 biweekly.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm waiting for a green job to go traipsing through the muskeg planting harvestable white spruce where black spruce used to flourish or driving a dozer to create new wetlands and irrigation where nature denies the land of fowl and food.

For I am an EcoWarrior!
Since this is a federal money waster don't be surprised if you get Western Hemlock seedlings and we get the White Spruce on the island. Assuming they ever plant a single tree. Back in the 90s when the BC dippers were busy squandering money on their Forest Renewal program they spent the entire first year's budget setting up the bureaucracy.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Well in turdOWE's case it is not a new scandal every day. It is just one giant scandal that a new part of gets exposed every day.
I'm starting to think the pandemic has been a god send to J.T.

It deflects from more fundamental issues and gives him something to ramble on about each day. There is no safer topic for the Liberals.

Three things not long hidden; the sun, the moon, and the truth.

In the end Justin wasn't ready.

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014

Tucker Carlson slams Justin Trudeau and the 'great reset'​

I also slam Trudeau's reset plans. They will destroy us.
However Tucker Carlson the dumbest ignorant fool around. He couldn't find Canada if he moved here.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Any ideas on how we can legitimately rob your bank accounts ? And they wonder where Wexit comes from .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I think the reset thing has been blown out of proportion for strictly political purposes. The WEF is a thinktank, they have no authority, they offer advice. How much of that advice we choose to act on in Canada will be a matter of public support. There is little doubt in my mind that this will become the center of our next election and the same old tunes will be played even louder. The Liberals will preach responsibility to the greater good and the Conservatives will preach fiscal restraint. Same old. The thing is, at its roots, the idea that the current pandemic does offer an opportunity for a "course correction" has some merit. We are not paying enough attention to environmental issues, and inequalities both social and financial are getting worse, with effects that go far past just not being able to pay the bills. The real trick is getting people to educate themselves to the point where they can make decisions responsibly, and filter out all the partisan bullshit takes up way too much space on the table these days.

While the WEF has some noble ideals, the reality of the situation is that Canada would not be a good place for many of them at this point in time. Oil & Gas are still a vital part of our economy and that puts us in the negative side of the the WEF's ledger.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
If you don't believe in everything COVID and the great reset you are a far right extremist period, wow, just wow

Such is the challenge of finding dependable, accurate information in these times. It would be pretty naive to think that a tool as powerful as the internet, and social media in particular, would be ignored by anyone with an agenda to promote. Personally I go for the "multiple sources" route, and filter out the bias as best you can.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Such is the challenge of finding dependable, accurate information in these times. It would be pretty naive to think that a tool as powerful as the internet, and social media in particular, would be ignored by anyone with an agenda to promote. Personally I go for the "multiple sources" route, and filter out the bias as best you can.
Unfortunately, most people consider three Federal Liberal finances MSM outlets as multiple sources.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Unfortunately, most people consider three Federal Liberal finances MSM outlets as multiple sources.

Sure, but they're not getting a comprehensive picture then, are they? Multiple sources means multiple perspectives, the trick is picking up where the facts stop and the bias and manipulation starts. People like to point at the far right when they talk about "fake news", but that's the easy way out. There is no shortage of left wing extremists and they can be even harder to spot, often hiding behind a veil of false concern and compassion, and presenting limited information while failing to report what doesn't support their particular viewpoint.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Liberals survive confidence vote over economic estimates with NDP, Bloc support

The federal Liberal government survived yet another confidence vote in the House of Commons on Monday, this time over the party's economic estimates amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The members were called to vote on motions relating to the estimates for the fiscal year, ending March 31, 2021.

Bill #C16 was adopted at all stages. #cdnpoli pic.twitter.com/fhqXvsQjun

— In the Chamber (@HoCChamber)
December 8, 2020

More in the link

• Sad
Reactions: taxslave