Trudeau announces Amira Elghawaby as Canada's first representative to combat Islamophobia

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Wow…ok. Let’s start here. Is the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms perfect? No. Does it work most of the time? Yes. Does it work all the time? No. Am I claiming to be horribly oppressed? No. For the instances where the Canadian charter fails, do we just scrap it in its entirety? No. Do you throw the baby out with the bath water? That’s your call but generally, no.
Fails to do what? Be applied/interpreted the way you think it should be? Or shows structural flaws?
Are there challenges against the Canadian charter? Yes. Are there court cases where the gov’t (Canadian, not Hamas) has overstepped its bounds and stepped on the charter rights of Canadians (failing to protect them initially)…yes. Are there many examples out there on the Interwebs and even in the threads on this forum? Yes. Is Google your friend? It can be.
Of course. And the government/legal system exists, in large part, to resolve those challenges and failures. My question was direct to you, as a person who's judgment I respect. What government actions have violated your Charter rights? Specifically. Not "I don't like what the government did." That's politics, and elections have consequences. Rather, "This government action was a fundamental violation of Charter rights."

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The clock is ticking for me here and I’ve got things to do before I go to work for the full day again, but I will try and pick through some things as time permits.

The Charters (both Canadian & Hamas) aren’t perfect, but a…stated set of goals let’s say. In Canada, there are court challenges against the charter…it happens. If it was perfect, & always worked as intended…there wouldn’t have to be challenges against it.

(There’s going to be current cases in the courts, & previous caselaw, as examples of these. I’ve got to be at work in 70 minutes & there’s some stuff I do need to accomplish here this morning before that happens beyond looking up case law on Canadian charter court challenges, etc…)
What government actions have violated your Charter rights? Specifically. Not "I don't like what the government did."
I’m not an oppressed person, but a guy who comes here to debate & play as a form of stress relief while educating myself on different issues, etc…& I figure it’s a whole lot less self-destructive than developing a heroin habit for example.
That's politics, and elections have consequences. Rather, "This government action was a fundamental violation of Charter rights."
I’ve got to hit the shower, but I will come back to this. Google can be all of our friends, and here’s the results of my first eight seconds of a one sentence search, & the first hit:
Weird question and this might be a search for later once I’m drying off, but what kind of challenges against the Hamas charter can be found with a quick Google search? Something in the Palestinian basic law thing?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Palestine has always had resources and a coast suitable for a huge tourist industry. When Israel left the Gaza Strip in 2005, from what I understand, it left already productive agricultural land, existing greenhouses and an flourishing floral industry, so yes it does have suitable (though small) agricultural land.
So why hasnt Israel allowed them to build amything? Where's their powerplants, desalination, irrigation and NG industries? Where's the airport? Where's the sea port?

All are under Israeli control. How can they build an eonomy?

OK. If something like Hamas didn’t have an antagonist as Israel, would it find another? Jordan? Egypt? Syria? Lebanon? Etc…whomever the newest new neighbours are?
Why? Is Egpyt controlling the energy, water, labour, imports/exports and resources of Gaza/WB like Israel?

Did Jordan build settlements for 700,000 people in WB or did they get stuck with 2 Million Palestinian refugee on the East Bank?

Yes, amazing how those things seem to happen, like when Putin invading Ukraine days after Trudeau imposed the War Measures Act Emergency Measures Act on Canadian citizens in Ottawa & elsewhere. Coincidence? Probably, but surely convenient and capitalized upon.
Did Justin know Putin was going to attack Ukraine a year before it happened and leveraged that to get off of jail time?

Mileikowsky would have been gone from the Knesset and charge by the end of October.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Wow…ok. Let’s start here. Is the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms perfect? No. Does it work most of the time? Yes. Does it work all the time? No. Am I claiming to be horribly oppressed? No. For the instances where the Canadian charter fails, do we just scrap it in its entirety? No. Do you throw the baby out with the bath water? That’s your call but generally, no.

Are there challenges against the Canadian charter? Yes. Are there court cases where the gov’t (Canadian, not Hamas) has overstepped its bounds and stepped on the charter rights of Canadians (failing to protect them initially)…yes. Are there many examples out there on the Interwebs and even in the threads on this forum? Yes. Is Google your friend? It can be.

Palestine has always had resources and a coast suitable for a huge tourist industry. When Israel left the Gaza Strip in 2005, from what I understand, it left already productive agricultural land, existing greenhouses and an flourishing floral industry, so yes it does have suitable (though small) agricultural land.

Then I don’t know what happened with the quote feature below, but a little writing is Petros, & the normal sized writing is mine.

It can work. If Israel fights it they ending up losing the remain trust and support it has.

Ok, the Arabs in Gaza had Gaza to themselves after Israel convinced the Egyptians to walk away from it in 1967, & walked away from it themselves in 2005. The situation was in the hands of those Palestinians to do with as they wished. The history of the Gaza Strip from 2005 to the present is a wiki article away.

OK. If something like Hamas didn’t have an antagonist as Israel, would it find another? Jordan? Egypt? Syria? Lebanon? Etc…whomever the newest new neighbours are?

Actually, neither do I. Sometimes in life, business, relationships, politics, etc…you choice the least worse option or options.

Yes, amazing how those things seem to happen, like when Putin invading Ukraine days after Trudeau imposed the War Measures Act Emergency Measures Act on Canadian citizens in Ottawa & elsewhere. Coincidence? Probably, but surely convenient and capitalized upon.

P.S. Good Morning.
My understand is that when Israel left Gaza they left behind many things to help the Palestinians like the above-mentioned productive agricultural land. What did Hamas do? Destroyed everything left behind rather than using it to their advantage. That's how hateful the Palestinians & Hamas are. Even for their own people, Hamas couldn't be bothered to lift up their people from poverty. It's absurd to blame Israel for absolutely everything that Hamas has done. If they (Hamas) don't want to help themselves or to continue to use their people as shields, what is it that the rest of us are supposed to do?

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Amira Elghawaby? Comments?

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Almost had me, until I saw the source.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Canadians will have their chance in 2025 to evict this slime ball Trudeau.

In the meantime watch the show.. European are voting for the right.

They have had enough.

Canada can't waait another year. If we are extremely lucky, all the damage turdOWE has done will be fixed in a generation. Most likely it will take double that.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Canada can't waait another year. If we are extremely lucky, all the damage turdOWE has done will be fixed in a generation. Most likely it will take double that.
Of course IF the opposition gets in they'll be blamed for everything. He'll even Haroer still gets blamed fir shit that Trudy has done.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Anyway, back in Canada, what we’re seeing in the streets seems to be a blatant and in-your-face attempt by a group not large enough to impact a national election — but one that’s increasingly noisy and nasty — to control political space, and partly, to express pure hatred for Jews.

Anti-Jew hatred is a structure with a couple of different parts. One is the scapegoating of Jews through criticism of Israel and its foreign policy towards Arabs. Because Jews have become politically synonymous with Israel, it’s easy to sell hatred for the former by focusing on the latter. If you don’t recognize Israel’s right to exist, and if you don’t like Jews, you can side with certain Arab Muslim states and oppose whatever Israel does or doesn’t do under the guise of foreign policy.

The other part is made up of people who simply hate Jews, no matter their colour, race or country. It includes Muslims, along with the European and North American far right and far left. Their minds were shaped by groups that led antisemitic movements many years ago: Nazis, fascists, Hashemites and the House of Saud. There was no fight for a Palestinian state back in those times, but still, the hate was raging.