Trucker protest at U.S. border crossing reportedly several kilometres long

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yeah, the 'rally' at the border was STUPID here (NB/NS).

There was an MVA and it took an hour and a half for a tow truck to get to the scene. No one hurt, thankfully, but...

Not that it mattered. "Freedumb!" And no these idiots on parade did NOT stand up for "All" Canadian rights or freedoms. Certainly not mine.

But...

Here's what occurred to me after seeing the posts about the 'trucker's on parade' today.

Say Government - both provincial and fed - stop doing things with Covid. Just said "Okay, will of the people, they want us to stop, so we will."

Do these people realize what that means?

A) No Government help at all to anyone (it's limited now, that'd stop for all)

B) No vaccinations for free; you pay out of pocket for them.

C) No vaccinations required; the big issue for most everyone. So no more vaccinations. And when people start getting sick, sicker, or dying? Well, who is to blame?

D) International travel isn't stopped anymore. So people are 'free to travel' as is being desired. And now person X from Y country brings in a variant even worse than what we have now.

E) Back to vaccinations; no one gets them. But wait, immune compromised people or others at risk now can't go out or do anything, or chance exposure to Covid and suffering or dying from it... what about their "rights and freedoms"?

So ask yourself, what is the REAL issue here?

IMO, the real issue is people hate being told what they have to do regardless of the 'good' it is for (I look at it as they never grew up past the age of, say, 9 or 10 mentally, socially, empathically). The real issue is that they don't trust the governments THEY elected, or their 'fellow citizens' elected. The real issue is that they have trusted so easily and followed so blindly (sheeple?) the conspiracy surrounding the vaccinations that even if you give them proof of their error, they don't care.

The real issue is we're all sick and tired of this thing having control of our lives in a way nothing else ever has, without understanding that the very same people who are all about "Freedom!" are part of the reason this keeps BEING an issue.

Covid for the issue of supply? Nah, that was starting a while ago.

BTW Truckers and trucker supporters, 1) The US is implementing required vaccinations too; so will Canadian truckers protest at the US border? 2) Why aren't you protesting big companies? They're more involved in all this than even the Government.

Lots of other things that aren't being protested/brought up; easier to blame the Government.
How many in your non vaxer rant have had COVID and have natural immunity that the Gov. want to force to get the COVID shot?

Reactions: taxslave

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
They should bypass Ottawa as that will only give snivel servants more time off . Clog all Toronto arteries and that will get attention .
But
But.. you said it was?

It's doing what it's supposed to.

AS for it being 'pushed', well if there weren't crazy idiots out there who cared more for others than themselves...

Then why is it the excuse?

Ah... as I said, it's people acting like 9 and 10 year olds being told 'what to do for their good' and not doing that because they know best... basically.

Screw everyone else, I only care about me; that kind of mentality.

I dunno, ask the people after the the first Measles vaccine was mandated...

LMFAO! Too late Boom; if you have a phone, they're already tracking you! Come the fuck on...

Actually no, I wouldn't.

And you are all too willing to have the rights of others be restricted to nothing.
All total nonsense. Describing people who won't (or can't) take the vaccine as being "selfish" is truly an ignorant statement because you do not know the circumstances of their refusal but you're judging them anyway because - I guess that's what you do.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
But.. you said it was?

It's doing what it's supposed to.

AS for it being 'pushed', well if there weren't crazy idiots out there who cared more for others than themselves...

Then why is it the excuse?

Ah... as I said, it's people acting like 9 and 10 year olds being told 'what to do for their good' and not doing that because they know best... basically.

Screw everyone else, I only care about me; that kind of mentality.

I dunno, ask the people after the the first Measles vaccine was mandated...

LMFAO! Too late Boom; if you have a phone, they're already tracking you! Come the fuck on...

Actually no, I wouldn't.

And you are all too willing to have the rights of others be restricted to nothing.
So whose rights are being restricted by protesting the abuse of our charter rights to freedom of person and freedom of expression?
Certainly not the tripple vaxxed. They abdicated their rights to turdOWE.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not one word about the protest marches held across the country on Saturday . Not much about the support being shown the truckers on their journey . It reads like the truckers are the bad apples .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
My response was with regards to the protest March in downtown Vancouver , others were held in Calgary , Montreal , Toronto and Ottawa , with scant or any coverage . Out here a fifteen person bike rally makes the cut .
Ok. I thought they were the same protest. My bad.