Trucker protest at U.S. border crossing reportedly several kilometres long

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not one word about the protest marches held across the country on Saturday . Not much about the support being shown the truckers on their journey . It reads like the truckers are the bad apples .
What is to support? They made their choice. Choices have consequences. I would not say they are bad apples but neither are they heroes.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
I don't really know why the Canadian Truckers are protesting the Canadian Government.. Okay, so Canada says don't worry about it..

The USA as of Jan 15th require all truckers entering to be vaccinated.. so.. Canadian truckers have to follow the rules or get refused entry.

So get fucking vaccinated already.

However, many truckers have just quit.. 16,000 truckers quit in the last week.. which raised prices and the loads.. great for me.. used to be $4500 USD for a load of Avocados now I get $6000 USD because they don't have the trucks.. not to mention my freebies off the dock from the shipper.. :p
That is the key isn't it?
Unvaccinated Canadian truckers are pissed they have to quarantine when the return to Canada from the US. But wait, there's more.....Canadian truckers are not allowed intop the US if they are not vaccinated so, what the hell are they protesting??? They can't go to the US so they don't have to worry about quarantining.
So basically, those unvaccinated truckers have to stay in Canada and work only in Canada. Why are they prostesting to Ottawa....they can't get into the US anyway.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Why did you get your vaccines? Altruism or so you could have privileges?

I got my vaccines to protect my mother and my niece. I got the vaccine to protect the patients who could not be vaccinated themselves.

The only 'privilege' I got out of it WAS being able to see my mother before she died.

Be honest. I'll smell the BS if you try.

LMFAO - go fuck yourself Petros. The only shit you smell is the stuff stuck up your nose from having your head up your ass your tongue tickles your prostate.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
What is to support? They made their choice. Choices have consequences. I would not say they are bad apples but neither are they heroes.
Same with the 0-5yr old demographic in Canada. Those aren’t bad apples or hero’s either, just children, currently ineligible for for this vaccination in question. Luckily no Federal Party is demonizing them for their ‘choice’ currently.

In the 10-15% of the remainder of Canadians that haven’t been vaccinated, some are by choice, & others not by their own choice but due to medical conditions, etc…but “How Dare They” not get these vaccinations anyway? God that’s starting to sound familiar from somewhere?

Anyway, as demonized as these truckers are, (that kept the food in the stores and the vaccines being delivered amongst the thousands & thousands of other items flowing in the supply chain to keep our economic engine grinding along) that never stopped running throughout this pandemic even before any vaccines existed for this pestilence, their unvaccinated %’age is almost identical to the remainder of the Canadian population.

What a pack of dirty bastards! Of our 25 or so drivers, 1 refuses to get vaccinated, & one CAN’T get vaccinated, and the rest of the entire fleet is at LEAST double vaxxed. This leaves our fleet right in that 85-90% vaccinated. Well, they made their choices, not as heroes or bad apples, but in identical proportions to the rest of the population.

The difference is, they are easily identifiable and easy to demonize by finger-pointing pricks that “we’ve” elected into office….& it makes for great sound bites.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
That is the key isn't it?
Unvaccinated Canadian truckers are pissed they have to quarantine when the return to Canada from the US. But wait, there's more.....Canadian truckers are not allowed intop the US if they are not vaccinated so, what the hell are they protesting??? They can't go to the US so they don't have to worry about quarantining.
So basically, those unvaccinated truckers have to stay in Canada and work only in Canada. Why are they prostesting to Ottawa....they can't get into the US anyway.
Is that the key though? Is that what they’re protesting? Are there Canadian truckers protesting the US government (?) Or are they protesting their own government for trying to reel in their (& your) rights in creeping authoritarianism by this current Federal Government?

Have you ever stopped to ponder the question, “ I wonder how many truckers in this freedom convoy are vaccinated?” Do you think it’s only the unvaccinated truckers that are gathering up on Ottawa in this current situation?

Reactions: taxslave

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Why did you get your vaccines? Altruism or so you could have privileges?

Be honest. I'll smell the BS if you try.
Can it not be both? It’s not necessarily a black-and-white situation. How about Altruism & so we could continue to function in society? That was the duel motivation in our household and that’s honest. If it was only to ‘have privileges’ then we’d be just double & not quadruple vaccinated.

By the same token, our motivation wasn’t strictly altruistic by any means, but it was a large deciding factor.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I got my vaccines to protect my mother and my niece. I got the vaccine to protect the patients who could not be vaccinated themselves.

The only 'privilege' I got out of it WAS being able to see my mother before she died.

LMFAO - go fuck yourself Petros. The only shit you smell is the stuff stuck up your nose from having your head up your ass your tongue tickles your prostate.
Yup. Bullshit as expected. Vaxxed still carry and spread. You did no-one any favors.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Can it not be both? It’s not necessarily a black-and-white situation. How about Altruism & so we could continue to function in society? That was the duel motivation in our household and that’s honest. If it was only to ‘have privileges’ then we’d be just double & not quadruple vaccinated.

By the same token, our motivation wasn’t strictly altruistic by any means, but it was a large deciding factor.
Where would you peg Canadians as a whole? I'd put it at 80/20 or higher for pure personal gain. If anyone is truly altruistic, they'd be vaxxed up and at home avoiding contact with society at all cost

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

For myself, I don't go anywhere unless I absolutely have to. Thankfully being a single person household I can avoid, well, every other risk factor and I never really did do the social stuff. Night shifts are crap for social exposures, ha.

Work is, well, work. NB and Horizon now stipulates 3x testing a week, providing us test kits and regardless of symptoms. Not sure how other provincial health cares are dealing with their employees.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Circling back to the convoy itself. Both my Girlfriend & I are up ‘cuz it’s 4:30am and time to milk the chickens (actually, one of our dogs needed out). I’ve turned on the coffee pot so the day has officially started.

She’s mentioned to me about all the traffic on Arcola (a main drag not far north of our bedroom window), with lots & lots of diesel motors and a handful of air horns…& I slept right through it. Too many years of living in camps with helicopters coming & going or beside gravel pits running 24/7 I guess. A diesel generator running funny will wake me up but these must’ve been happy diesel sounds so they where just background for me. Oh well.

Sounds like at least a portion of this convoy didn’t use the bypass. Meh…

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
For myself, I don't go anywhere unless I absolutely have to. Thankfully being a single person household I can avoid, well, every other risk factor and I never really did do the social stuff. Night shifts are crap for social exposures, ha.

Work is, well, work. NB and Horizon now stipulates 3x testing a week, providing us test kits and regardless of symptoms. Not sure how other provincial health cares are dealing with their employees.
Yeah, for the first year plus, our household played things very close to the vest too. Following every rule within reason and avoiding almost all social contacts, etc…. But we’re years in now and vaccinated.

Interestingly, one of the very few contacts, outside of immediate family, and outdoors in the summer, so still following protocol and guidance set forth for Covid, was a very pleasant evening on our deck where Lisa & I got to meet Petros in person. It was very cool.

1643110510603.jpeg

We’ve eaten in a restaurant about 1/2 a dozen times now since Covid happened (so in the last couple of years), and rare outings are masked up and the grocery store or pharmacy beyond me going to work (haven’t missed a single day of work during Covid).

As far as protocol for the health system in Saskatchewan, that I really can’t comment on as a close family member who is a nurse, when Covid first happened, due to a compromised immune system, Took a step back to wait things out. A couple years into this and she still waiting things out from home. Part of the reason we got our vaccinations early and often was so that we didn’t kill this family member accidentally (Not sure if that’s considered altruistic or not).

With respect to the testing kits, they are still easy to find in Saskatchewan (The rapid tests anyway), but we have kids in the middle of BC (Okanogan Valley), where as a few weeks back if you wanted even a rapid test you better know a guy who knows a guy because they were pretty much non-existent. If you had symptoms and you suspected that you had Covid, then you considered that you actually do and just isolate and make your close contacts aware, etc… & that was the same policy that relatives in Utah were told to follow as they didn’t have testing for the general public either at that time.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Where would you peg Canadians as a whole? I'd put it at 80/20 or higher for pure personal gain. If anyone is truly altruistic, they'd be vaxxed up and at home avoiding contact with society at all cost
I honestly don’t understand the motivation of most people much of the time, so that’s a difficult question to answer.

For ourselves, my girlfriend has been forcibly medically retired, but I’m still in the workforce, and I’m not in the position of Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos so I went to work every day throughout this pestilence as my employment fell into the essential category in transportation so “no CERB for you!” a la Jerry Seinfeld Soup Nazi voice. We don’t deal directly with the public & with only two people in our office it wasn’t like I was out being a social butterfly. A few truckers would stop into our office each week for resupply and that was it.

Again, The nature of trucking is self isolation and has been since long before this pandemic, so in all honesty I felt more comfortable interacting with a trucker that just came up from the US when Covid was running thick down there, than I was passing anyone in the isle of the grocery store or pharmacy even masked up, etc….& throughout this whole thing we may have our first trucker with Covid (Or the flu or pneumonia which he gets every winter every year for the last 15 years that he’s worked for us anyway). Coincidentally the trucker I’m talking about is the one trucker on our fleet that’s been told by his own physician that he CAN’T have the Covid shot.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Is that the key though? Is that what they’re protesting? Are there Canadian truckers protesting the US government (?) Or are they protesting their own government for trying to reel in their (& your) rights in creeping authoritarianism by this current Federal Government?

Have you ever stopped to ponder the question, “ I wonder how many truckers in this freedom convoy are vaccinated?” Do you think it’s only the unvaccinated truckers that are gathering up on Ottawa in this current situation?
The "key" is that Canadian truckers protesting in Canada, disrupting traffic all across the country are somehow making it a Canadian problem that they cannot come back to Canada without vaccination. The fact is, they cannot get into the US.
They cannot even pick up food to deliver it to you because the US will not let them in so I cannot sympathise with those unvaccinated truckers.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
I can't fault the guy who brings my food from trying to keep the food moving especially when he or she is fighting for all of us.
Yes you can.
That guy that brings food to to you has to go to the US to get it. That unvaccinated trucker cannot get into the US, let alone try to get back into Canada. That is the US regulation.