Trucker Blockade Caused Lasting Psychological Damage to Canadians

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
That's what cults and terrorism does to people.

'I don't know him anymore': Canadians losing family and friends over trucker protests

The trucker protest that paralyzed the nation’s capital for weeks not only destroyed Taryn Earle’s home, but a childhood friendship she had for nearly 40 years.

A resident of Ottawa, Earle saw her apartment building broken into by some of the demonstrators who formed part of the trucker convoy, many of whom came in to throw out their trash or use laundry machines to wash their clothes. Travelling anywhere in the city alone felt unsafe, Earle said, as she recalled protesters circling her neighbourhood on their trucks, blaring their horns, revving their engines and taunting people as they walked by.

Conditions became so unbearable that Earle ended up relocating just one week into the protest.

But what made matters worse was knowing a life-long friend supported a cause that was bringing harm to her and her community.

“It was happening in real-time and I was telling him about it,” she told CTVNews.ca during a phone interview on Wednesday. “I could not believe that he was planting roots in a movement that was terrorizing me.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
From the people who complain about putting on a mask to save lives everyone.
I am not one of those people. But they should also grow a set of balls. I wear a mask everywhere I am legally required to. Not sure it is actually saving any lives. To work people have to wear them correctly and from what I can see to do so requires and advanced degree in mechanical engineering which few seem to have. But whatever.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016

Trucker Blockade Caused Lasting Psychological Damage to Canadians​

These 3 are applying for PTSD payments from their government.

Vet: 1 "I fought in Nam, man."

Vet 2: "I did tours in Korea, man."

Ethel with the purple frilly hat: " Well I was subjected to Honks during the trucker protest of 2022"

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Trucker Blockade Caused Lasting Psychological Damage to Canadians​

These 3 are applying for PTSD payments from their government.

Vet: 1 "I fought in Nam, man."

Vet 2: "I did tours in Korea, man."

Ethel with the purple frilly hat: " Well I was subjected to Honks during the trucker protest of 2022"
Honk if you are a Horny Hitler

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's funny seeing the people who chortle with glee when they so deeply relish whipping out their favorite racial or ethnic slurs get so Code Red Butthurt at being called Nazis.