Trucker Blockade Caused Lasting Psychological Damage to Canadians

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
RTFT. Boomster specifically said "psychologically damaged generations of kids."

As to the old folks, their relatives coulda taken them home. And last I checked, old folks ain't in solitary confinement in care homes.

Spare me the violins. If somebody had to leave home for a war, for work, for school, or because their kids chose to shuffle 'em off to the pre-graveyard for convenience, your sympathy would be nonexistent.
Right .

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Do people's voluntary actions to respond to a perceived threat constitute being "terrorized" when the "threat" comes from BLM or FNs?

And no, it's not whataboutery. It's asking for "identical treatment for persons similarly situated." The definition of "equal treatment."

Sure, if the threat is significant enough and comes from fake freedom protesters, BLM, environmentalists or any other group, then it can be categorized as terrorism.

A political aim can be justified through peaceful protest.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sure, if the threat is significant enough and comes from fake freedom protesters, BLM, environmentalists or any other group, then it can be categorized as terrorism.

A political aim can be justified through peaceful protest.
Are all protesters liable for the acts of individuals within the protest? You claim that some people were assaulted by protesters for wearing masks. Is a protester who was six blocks (or three provinces) away liable for that?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Are all protesters liable for the acts of individuals within the protest? You claim that some people were assaulted by protesters for wearing masks. Is a protester who was six blocks (or three provinces) away liable for that?

I'm just giving one example from this scenario. The other obvious one is the significant economic harm caused by turning a city into a fort, keeping people awake through the night with constant trucks honking, blocking trade at the border, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm just giving one example from this scenario. The other obvious one is the significant economic harm caused by turning a city into a fort, keeping people awake through the night with constant trucks honking, blocking trade at the border, etc.
"The Almighty says to quit changin' the subject and answer the fockin' question."
--Stephen, Braveheart

I'm perfectly capable of demolishing your bullshit one item at a time. Let's keep this orderly.

• Love
Reactions: taxslave and Mowich

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
After 2 years of being mostly closed for covid, I am not sure the economic impact is relevant.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
After 2 years of being mostly closed for covid, I am not sure the economic impact is relevant.
And even if it is, I'm not sure "economic impact" rises to the level of "terrorism."

Though corporations would be delighted if it did. Imagine what they could do to people who called for boycotts of their products or services!

Reactions: Mowich

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Seriously? The term snowflake comes to mind. Grow a set of balls. Psychological damage. LOL

To be fair, if you are days without sleep or little sleep, it DOES do damage to your mental state.

I did see a video of one resident going off on a couple of the truckers saying he hadn't slept in 5 days. While I doubt the length of time was true, that he hadn't slept likely was since that has been a pretty common theme from those living in the area.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
To be fair, if you are days without sleep or little sleep, it DOES do damage to your mental state.

I did see a video of one resident going off on a couple of the truckers saying he hadn't slept in 5 days. While I doubt the length of time was true, that he hadn't slept likely was since that has been a pretty common theme from those living in the area.
Except for the fact they kept a quiet period overnight your story might have merit .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Except for the fact they kept a quiet period overnight your story might have merit .
Where is that 'fact' supported exactly?
This one might be a difficult question to answer. The situation was politically charged with various camps and biases, and simply trying to pull the answer out of the media would be difficult.

This is a fact. It is winter, and these protesters would have to stay warm somehow without permanent shelters & indoor furnaces, so inevitably there would’ve been either idling trucks, or heating units like Pro-Heat or Webasto units running for warmth, & they aren’t silent. This would be noise overnight!!

This is an assumption. I’ve also heard of fireworks but I’m assuming (ass/u/me, I know) they couldn’t be going off between 11pm-7am seven days a week constantly, but that would have been annoying if used at all in the overnight period (fireworks are not very dramatic during the day).

This is a theory and nothing more. Though I do not support this protest past it’s first two days where it became clear that Trudeau was in hiding & would not have even sent an intermediary out to meet with anybody or listen to them….for the weeks that these protesters where in Ottawa living outdoors….they also would have had to sleep to be up & moving to protest & stay warm for the other 16 hour a day I’d assume…. And if it was intolerable not allowing them to sleep also, then they would’ve left themselves because they were portable and they could leave if they couldn’t sleep. There’s a reason why law enforcement uses sound equipment to bombard protesters or other occupiers through the nights…& if the sound through the night didn’t allow anybody to sleep then the protesters also would’ve left I’m guessing.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
And even if it is, I'm not sure "economic impact" rises to the level of "terrorism."

Though corporations would be delighted if it did. Imagine what they could do to people who called for boycotts of their products or services!
If it did then the illegal rail blockades would definitely qualify as they most certainly impacted the economy. But then, that was just fine and dandy with our twit pm.