Trucker Blockade Caused Lasting Psychological Damage to Canadians

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
At least throw in a FRRREEEEEEEDUUUUUMB in there
Yeah, this whole thing has been mislabelled from the beginning.

Instead of impersonating William Wallace with the cry of “Freedom” Convoy when what these Truckers (before 101 other causes latched onto them) actually wanted was respect & acknowledgement…maybe it should have been labelled “Respect Convoy” & Not only would they have governed themselves differently upon arrival in Ottawa….but MAYBE they might have been dealt with by Justin & Jagmeet a bit differently before they arrived? Whatever

...& in the end Freedom wasn’t what they were seeking or received, and they sure as shit didn’t get acknowledgement for the previous two years of running through Covid before vaccines were available widely….& respect wasn’t offered before they arrived in Ottawa so they shouldn’t have expected it afterwards. Kind of sad actually.

Canada, through some really poor political choices, was about a year behind other first world countries in receiving vaccinations widely, but these truckers rolled along without stopping through that first year and another….& kept the economy rolling along with them.

Without these Truckers keeping on keeping on while most of the rest where able to pit in behind the sandbags, we all would have been royally screwed, but that’s neither here nor there.

As much as this convoy and protest turned into a goat rodeo and was mismanaged and miss handled at every step at every level over the last six weeks, we really should be giving thanks to these people (not just the unvaccinated yahoos that stayed in Ottawa) for what they did for all of us.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yeah, this whole thing has been mislabelled from the beginning.

Instead of impersonating William Wallace with the cry of “Freedom” Convoy when what these Truckers (before 101 other causes latched onto them) actually wanted was respect & acknowledgement…maybe it should have been labelled “Respect Convoy” & Not only would they have governed themselves differently upon arrival in Ottawa….but MAYBE they might have been dealt with by Justin & Jagmeet a bit differently before they arrived? Whatever

...& in the end Freedom wasn’t what they were seeking or received, and they sure as shit didn’t get acknowledgement for the previous two years of running through Covid before vaccines were available widely….& respect wasn’t offered before they arrived in Ottawa so they shouldn’t have expected it afterwards. Kind of sad actually.

Canada, through some really poor political choices, was about a year behind other first world countries in receiving vaccinations widely, but these truckers rolled along without stopping through that first year and another….& kept the economy rolling along with them.

Without these Truckers keeping on keeping on while most of the rest where able to pit in behind the sandbags, we all would have been royally screwed, but that’s neither here nor there.

As much as this convoy and protest turned into a goat rodeo and was mismanaged and miss handled at every step at every level over the last six weeks, we really should be giving thanks to these people (not just the unvaccinated yahoos that stayed in Ottawa) for what they did for all of us.
Well sorry Ron , the truckers and their supporters did Canada proud . That was the most respectful group of peace loving Canadians that were smeared by the press from the get go . What started as a few trucks heading to Ottawa caught the heart of the nation as seen by the support shown along the highways and overpasses. That support grew exponentially along their route despite no or little press coverage . So many people showing up your premier got the message and dropped provincial mandates . Quebec went from talking fines for the unvaccinated to dropping mandates . Ontario and Alberta as well . The media tried to paint these as marginal , racist , dangerous , yet the pictures on the ground showed the complete opposite . Three weeks in Ottawa , ZERO property damage , ZERO violence .ZERO threats to politicians .

The only, goat rodeo was from the government response and the only violence was from the police .

And for good measure crime was down 90% in Ottawa during those three weeks , imagine that .

Reactions: taxslave and petros

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
That's what cults and terrorism does to people.

'I don't know him anymore': Canadians losing family and friends over trucker protests

The trucker protest that paralyzed the nation’s capital for weeks not only destroyed Taryn Earle’s home, but a childhood friendship she had for nearly 40 years.

A resident of Ottawa, Earle saw her apartment building broken into by some of the demonstrators who formed part of the trucker convoy, many of whom came in to throw out their trash or use laundry machines to wash their clothes. Travelling anywhere in the city alone felt unsafe, Earle said, as she recalled protesters circling her neighbourhood on their trucks, blaring their horns, revving their engines and taunting people as they walked by.

Conditions became so unbearable that Earle ended up relocating just one week into the protest.

But what made matters worse was knowing a life-long friend supported a cause that was bringing harm to her and her community.

“It was happening in real-time and I was telling him about it,” she told CTVNews.ca during a phone interview on Wednesday. “I could not believe that he was planting roots in a movement that was terrorizing me.

I would bet that it was not only the truckers convoy they "disagreed with" but other issues as well. Can she honestly say that there wasn't division PRIOR TO the convoy? And can she say she had a honest discourse with family members about politics BEFORE the convoy? I bet she didn't.

I also don't think that the break-ins were by truckers - that's an assumption she's making. Has she proof that it was truckers? Likely not but she's making the accusation because she's against the truckers and so it's beneficial to her to simply make generalized accusations - something the Liberals and the leftists tend to do.

She should be happy now that the truckers are gone the "regular" break-ins can continue. (tongue in cheek).

Reactions: taxslave and Mowich

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I would bet that it was not only the truckers convoy they "disagreed with" but other issues as well. Can she honestly say that there wasn't division PRIOR TO the convoy? And can she say she had a honest discourse with family members about politics BEFORE the convoy? I bet she didn't.

I also don't think that the break-ins were by truckers - that's an assumption she's making. Has she proof that it was truckers? Likely not but she's making the accusation because she's against the truckers and so it's beneficial to her to simply make generalized accusations - something the Liberals and the leftists tend to do.

She should be happy now that the truckers are gone the "regular" break-ins can continue. (tongue in cheek).
But. . . but. . . TERRORISM! Run and hide! RUN AND HIDE!!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ottawa citizens have been legitimately terrorized.

People had to take off masks, for instance, to avoid getting mugged by fake protesters.
Do people's voluntary actions to respond to a perceived threat constitute being "terrorized" when the "threat" comes from BLM or FNs?

And no, it's not whataboutery. It's asking for "identical treatment for persons similarly situated." The definition of "equal treatment."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We did not allow visitation to residents of care homes , including family . Yes this caused much psychological damage , how can you be so callous ?
Same way I can "be so callous" when mentalfloss starts whimpering about "psychological harm" to the citizens of Ottawa. You didn't seem real upset about that.

I was overseas when Grandmother died. I never got to visit her when she was on her way out.

Somehow I survived.

And before you start, she was my mother, my father, and the one person I love and respect most in all the world.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Same way I can "be so callous" when mentalfloss starts whimpering about "psychological harm" to the citizens of Ottawa. You didn't seem real upset about that.

I was overseas when Grandmother died. I never got to visit her when she was on her way out.

Somehow I survived.

And before you start, she was my mother, my father, and the one person I love and respect most in all the world.
I was meaning the elderly being locked in and alone . It is for your own good that we are keeping all that you love away from you in this time of need .
If you were at home you could have been there for her comfort up here it wouldn’t matter if you were next door or on the moon .

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
RTFT. Boomster specifically said "psychologically damaged generations of kids."

As to the old folks, their relatives coulda taken them home. And last I checked, old folks ain't in solitary confinement in care homes.

Spare me the violins. If somebody had to leave home for a war, for work, for school, or because their kids chose to shuffle 'em off to the pre-graveyard for convenience, your sympathy would be nonexistent.