Trucker Blockade Caused Lasting Psychological Damage to Canadians

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
IF you cut out the "News", the CBC does do a lot to promote local issues, culture, and other things. At least, around here it does. I'm sure if it wasn't funded in part by the government, the programming would be the useless shit and nonsense found on other stations.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
IF you cut out the "News", the CBC does do a lot to promote local issues, culture, and other things. At least, around here it does. I'm sure if it wasn't funded in part by the government, the programming would be the useless shit and nonsense found on other stations.
I get to listen to CBC talk radio on occasion , it is interesting how many people I have never heard of have stories about when and why they came out .

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
…Leaders of truck convoy protests sought to overthrow government, Canada’s national security adviser says

Jody Thomas, former deputy minster at National Defence who became Mr. Trudeau’s top national security adviser in January, said the Emergencies Act was meant for an extreme situation like the truck convoy protests.

She said the protests that clogged Canada’s capital were sufficient to justify the Emergencies Act, even leaving aside separate blockades of vital border crossings. “The occupation of Ottawa in and of itself was enough,” she told the Ottawa Conference on Security and Defence.
This still makes me shake my head in the doubling down on the bullshit in face of the facts even after the fact.
Ah yes, and still on the subject of the

Psychologically Damaged:​

The CBC has retracted a second story it reported about the Freedom Convoy that turned out to be fake.

The first was the absurd allegation that somehow Russians were behind the scenes pulling the convoy’s strings in an effort to destabilize the Canadian government.
Financial investigators couldn’t find a conspiracy by white supremacists, either – another of the Trudeau government’s biased allegations that the CBC swallowed whole, but that’s a different story…

A second CBC news story, that was corrected this week, involved allegations made by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and by Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland, that the convoy could only have raised all the money it did (nearly $10 million, twice, on two different crowdfunding platforms), as quickly as it did, if powerful international interests were funnelling in large sums.

These allegations have been thoroughly debunked by GoFundMe and by GiveSendGo, the second online fundraising platform the convoy organizers had to turn to when false allegations about unscrupulous donations and violence among protestors caused GoFundMe to freeze the first avalanche of contributions the convoy received.

Even the government’s own terror-financing investigators could find no sign of illegal money going to the convoy.

The CBC fell for this narrative from PMO and the Liberal caucus because, like the Trudeauites, the government-funded broadcaster wanted to believe it.

Despite the CBC’s repeated claims that it is a vital, tax-funded service because it is how Canadians tell one another their stories all across the country, it is, in truth, how woke, “progressives” in one part of the country reassure woke, “progressives” in other parts that they and they alone hold a monopoly, on intelligence, truth and compassion.

More about the Liberal Party corruption and disinformation, as well as the CBC’s disconnect from reality and the Canadian citizenry at the above link.
Then, in a display of Liberal Party Hypocrisy, Justin Trudeau of all people, is preaching about how to fight Russian Disinformation (Is this a “It takes a thief to catch a thief” situation?), but at least he’s not telling us that his lies and disinformation on this Convoy Goat Rodeo are lessons we should all learn from, etc…

OTTAWA—Whether it’s flat-out denials about Russian attacks on Ukraine, doctored images on social media, or false claims that footage of suffering Ukrainians actually depicts crisis actors, Russia’s disinformation campaign is well underway.

And during a meeting with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in Berlin on Wednesday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he wanted to do something about it.

“We all have a responsibility to deal in facts, and to fight the flood of disinformation and manipulation,” he said.

Reactions: Mowich and petros

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They did , for the three weeks the protesters were in Ottawa the police were on hand watching a peaceful protest .
They were in and among the protesters daily and had no cause to make arrests . Crime in downtown Ottawa was almost non existent during the so called siege , sadly that is no longer the case .
If you think so! The elderly people who listened to blaring horns outside their windows, at all hours didn't!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If you think so! The elderly people who listened to blaring horns outside their windows, at all hours didn't!
They never once blew their horns at all hours , why have you never heard that ?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
They never once blew their horns at all hours , why have you never heard that ?
It’s a disinformation Russian plot, or maybe it just didn’t fit the narrative from the liberal party and the CBC?

(There was some video of some fireworks being set off but that time of year the sunsets at supper time so it could’ve been six hours before 11 PM as far as Bylaw goes, but really I wasn’t there so I don’t know.)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The trucks blocking streets and border crossings was illegal. Regardless of if they blew their horns all night or blew off fire works. The blocking of public streets, highways, and border crossings was the major issue and that can not be disputed.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The trucks blocking streets and border crossings was illegal. Regardless of if they blew their horns all night or blew off fire works. The blocking of public streets, highways, and border crossings was the major issue and that can not be disputed.
There was always open lanes in Ottawa , any road closures were by authorities .
The Ambassador Bridge was closed by OPP , the Couttes border and Pacific Border crossing were both closed by RCMP .
There is no disputing any of that .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
There was always open lanes in Ottawa , any road closures were by authorities .
The Ambassador Bridge was closed by OPP , the Couttes border and Pacific Border crossing were both closed by RCMP .
There is no disputing any of that .

Wrong

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think the blocking of the border crossings and the jerk-offs that overstayed their welcome in Ottawa beyond the first weekend where actually two different things, but I could be wrong.

The blocking of Railways for a couples months was also illegal but no emergency act then, or the two month blockade at the Coastal Gaslink camp, and so on and so forth….

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I think the blocking of the border crossings and the jerk-offs that overstayed their welcome in Ottawa beyond the first weekend where actually two different things, but I could be wrong.

The blocking of Railways for a couples months was also illegal but no emergency act then, or the two month blockade at the Coastal Gaslink camp, and so on and so forth….
not once have I said I agreed with the emergency act, and I have never supported the fucking indians and their bullshit.