'TOTALLY INDEPENDENT': Teen eco-warrior hits back at rumours she's being manipulated

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Note the IPCC made their admission LAST YEAR! And yet here you are, sucking on Great's ass a year later because she clearly knows far more than the IPCC and those 500 scientists, right?
Nice Freudian slip there, Ginandtonic.

I have said and continue to say, that the main problem is not carbon dioxide but the poisoning of our water and air with pollution, pesticides, herbicides, farming chemicals, soil loss, garbage filling our seas and killing wildlife, etc., etc. Who gives a shit what you or any other denier says or trots out as an excuse for doing nothing. If we don't clean up our act, we are doomed to extinction from stupidity and greed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's okay Cliff, there is no poisoned food to feed you this year.

I hope you grew your own.

It's going to be very expensive to eat this winter.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

I have said and continue to say, that the main problem is not carbon dioxide but the poisoning of our water and air with pollution, pesticides, herbicides, farming chemicals, soil loss, garbage filling our seas and killing wildlife, etc., etc. Who gives a shit what you or any other denier says or trots out as an excuse for doing nothing. If we don't clean up our act, we are doomed to extinction from stupidity and greed.
So I can presume then that you; grow ALL your own food organically, own no consumer goods derived from or made with oil or any other resource, walk everywhere. You are a consumer Cliffy, like every other human on the planet, which makes you just as big a part of the problem. You are no more innocent than the stupid, greedy people you complain about.

I see your ilk everywhere. Y'all are great at complaining about the environment. Too bad your personal actions rarely match your words.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

I'll match every dollar you donate to this cause, because nobody will say this is wrong.

'The Ocean Cleanup' ship sweeps first Pacific plastic

So we think that we can actually clean the oceans."
Slat came up with the idea seven years ago, drawing it on a paper napkin when he was still in high school.
It seeks to use ocean currents to gather up some of the bottles, plastic bags, flip-flops and other detritus that sully the planet's waters.
The system has been undergoing tests for the past year.
- 'A big day' -
The Maersk Launcher ship finally sailed from San Francisco on September 9 for trials on cleaning the patch, a floating trash pile twice the size of France that swirls in the ocean halfway between California and Hawaii.
It was towing a 600 metre (2,000-foot)-long boom device designed by Slat dubbed System 001, aimed at containing floating ocean plastic so it can be scooped up and recycled.
The system includes a tapered three-metre skirt to catch plastic floating just below the surface.
Slat said that before the plastic was "still escaping the system" by riding over the top of the boom..
"And that's now what we've been able to resolve by having what you call a corkline, so a sort of a large barrier that's floating on the surface, which prevents plastic from actually leaving the system again," he said.
"I think I have to be happy. Today is a big day."
Eventually, Slat has said he wants to create a far bigger, 100-kilometre (60-mile) long V-shaped barrier made up of large, rubber pillow-shaped buoys.
The youngest ever winner of the Champion of the Earth award -- the UN's highest environmental honour -- Slat gave up his studies in aeronautical engineering to pursue his project...……………..More

Did you notice this young man's dreams started in High School but he waited until after graduation to pursue his dream, he dropped out of post secondary in fact. I don't think anyone would complain about using some of our tax money in helping him out if needed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll match every dollar you donate to this cause, because nobody will say this is wrong.
'The Ocean Cleanup' ship sweeps first Pacific plastic
Did you notice this young man's dreams started in High School but he waited until after graduation to pursue his dream, he dropped out of post secondary in fact. I don't think anyone would complain about using some of our tax money in helping him out if needed.
You can buy the plastic bracelet for $20USD that funds one pound.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
You can buy the plastic bracelet for $20USD that funds one pound.

Yes I seen those commercials too, surfers financing their surfing lifestyle, this is a different effort converting a fishing trolley into a plastic skimmer, after it's trial run they are planning on a couple of bigger skimmers and clean up the plastic within 5 years. That is what I would accept as a solution to the plastic straw/water bottle debacle, and help finance if it is successful.

Actually I asked the 'ol lady to try and buy a couple bracelets, just in case it isn't a fraud.