Thinking of moving to Saskatchewan

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Curious which general community area in Saskatchewan would be considered tops among locals in terms of best farm land. Mentioning Tisdale made me think of it.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Seems like a place for the adventurous.
The last time Saskatchewan had mountains like that they ran east to west (as did most of the mountainson the planet at that time from what I understand with the remanent of that being the Canadian Shield). That was a while back.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
The wide body of knowledge is impressive. Most casual geology chat I come across is post ice age.

Elementary schools spent a bit of time back then on Lake Agassiz, melt water channel and kettle lake formations. Not a lot of discussion of mountain building events.

Interesting though to look at the formations and maybe something to consider before building. North American plate stable for the past 600 million years is also reassuring.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I specialized in the minerals of THO greenstone belt.

I love it. I've straddle the fault line of Superior and Churchill cratons. The birthplace of the North American continent.
I was at the Victor Diamond project. The well water was so magnetically charged that it threw off the electronic water meter. Switching to surface run off water corrected the issue. Guessing it would have shown up in the aerial magnetic imaging that probably started the excavation.

It is the Albany river lowlands area near James Bay. Still talking about chromite in the area but too remote and more talk than action so far. They said at the time of construction the estimated $17 billion in diamonds to be mined at Victor would fit in one loader bucket so easy to fly that out.

DeBeers did find a diamond big enough to name at Victor which was cool. Over 100 carats.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Did not realize Great Slave Lake is as deep as it is and curious if it is an due to extension of the fault zone in the area?

600 meters is pretty deep. Who knows what lies at the bottom?

Reactions: Twin_Moose