Thinking of moving to Saskatchewan

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
1000ish hectares worth by Stony Rapids in a different formation and different deposition than the THO. There is gold in the Assiniboine if your into panning or a rocker box.
Would qualify for the northern tax allowance benefit as an added bonus.

Assuming a nickle deposit in the Thompson area and trending west towards Uranium City seems unfortunate that Leaf Rapids couldn't find enough mining activity to keep going but maybe that was then. Interesting.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Still a different formation. THO greenstone belt strikes mainly N/S while the other E/W and not connected. There is a shit tonne of gold, copper, zinc in E. Central SK but it super expensive to build infrastructure atop peat bogs dozens of meters deep to get at.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
A whack Ton of Gold proven by Uranium city, a major vein found in the Key lake Uranium mine they were debating of opening it a few years ago, but decided to wait until the Uranium played out before restructuring the mill instead of building a new one. Saskatchewan river has gold as well as the assiniboine, rumor of the Red and Swan River having some Gold. O&G like no one can imagine throughout the province.

A very rich province that should have been opened up in the 70's instead of the save it for a rainy day NDP philosophy

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Still a different formation. THO greenstone belt strikes mainly N/S while the other E/W and not connected. There is a shit tonne of gold, copper, zinc in E. Central SK but it super expensive to build infrastructure atop peat bogs dozens of meters deep to get at.
Wildcatters came through again in the area a few years ago under the Diamond exploration banner.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
they do use open pit mining for diamonds around here at least...
Not that they do a lot of diamond mining but diamond companies sure have a lot of claims.
Some years ago, prospecting was my excuse to bring my "357" all over Ontario;)

Reactions: Twin_Moose