‘They haven’t got a competitor who’s even remotely close’: Liberals on track to win majority in expected September election, but still a few wild card

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

‘They haven’t got a competitor who’s even remotely close’: Liberals on track to win majority in expected September election, but still a few wild cards​

IMG_3760.t60dcdfc1.m800@0.xohlVCmpD-750x375.jpg

I mean really, who wants to vote for a Tool.. better off throw your vote on the Bloc.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
O'Toole's CPC appears intent on replaying Andrews Scheers missing the empty-net goal last time out. Nothing of substance so far other than Trudeau attacks, unless you count shooting himself in the foot with his attempt at reframing the carbon tax, and looking more and more like an election in the near future as JT makes his whistle stop tour of the west handing out cheques. There's a theory making the rounds that the far-right within the CPC is willing to throw this election under the bus just for an excuse to dump O'Toole.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If they do, they don't have many supporters who are even qualified to vote. Just count the fiascos since 2015. Surely the dismissal of Jody Wilson Raybould raises a red flag!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
O'Toole's CPC appears intent on replaying Andrews Scheers missing the empty-net goal last time out. Nothing of substance so far other than Trudeau attacks, unless you count shooting himself in the foot with his attempt at reframing the carbon tax, and looking more and more like an election in the near future as JT makes his whistle stop tour of the west handing out cheques. There's a theory making the rounds that the far-right within the CPC is willing to throw this election under the bus just for an excuse to dump O'Toole.
There is a lot to attack Trudeau on . His ethics violations should be front and center. And who is this far right you are speaking of ?

Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I am Conservative/Republican.. counting mine for the Bloc. Give them enough votes they might actually leave Canada helping to push Alberta and the west in the same direction.. it's a stratigic vote
How are you planning to vote for the bloc when they don't run candidates outside of Quebec?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I like the thought though. If the rest of Canada was allowed to vote for the bloc, Kweebek and their debt would be history within a month.

Reactions: B00Mer

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I'm no fan of Trudeau or the Liberals, my home riding has fared well for two terms under an NDP incumbent who has served us well despite not having a party in power in Ottawa. I'm just watching O'Toole and his level of leadership so far and it looks a lot like a reply of the last election. O'Toole hasn't brought anything to the table but attacks and that wasn't enough for Scheer or Harper, I don't see what's so different this time around. All the Trudeau criticism is coming from the right and is really speaking only to confirmed CPC voters. The swing vote, those who don't really make up their minds until almost election day, aren't a particularly well informed bunch when it comes to real issues, and tend to vote on what they see as positive aspects of a party platform and the CPC has been woefully short on that so far. I downloaded a copy of their "Policy Declaration" and it's basically seventy-some pages of the old political two-step. Tossing Derek Sloan out of caucus and muzzling Pierre Poilievre by reassigned him a cabinet posting well out of the spotlight has effectively alienated the social conservatives within the party, causing him to bleeed votes to the new right wing fringe parties. Without some sort of policies to attract new voters from the center and center left (without further alienation of party faithful) he really doesn't have much of a chance.