The Worst PM Ever. Period!

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Nope he is taking the party to the left to appeal to disgruntled liberals . Sadly for him that never works .
Certainly some of that too, they are politicians after all, and the anti-Trudeau sentiment is too strong to be ignored. Still, the feelings were the same when Scheer made his grab for the brass ring, but that was all he had and it wasn't enough. O'Toole is hedging his bet. Moving to the left is what they need to flush away the image of the "old boys club" that has dogged the Cons for years, the stodgy old rich, white, status quo that just isn't working any more given what's gone down in recent history.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
"The Unravling of America" by Wade Davis

This is a bit of a read but it has a very interesting outline of the changes that brought us to where we are now, the decline in community ties and the rise of neo-liberalism. He explains that our current form of capitalism has swung too far to the right and is in need of a correction.
Of course it was who needed all those jobs and reinserting national pride, there is a world to think of don't you know

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'd still give O'Toole a chance as he has a more varied background & hopefully, he'd be better at the job than the current PM. Couldn't be worse, that's for sure!
You gotta be careful. I'm sure Donald Trump wasn't one of a kind!

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Not sure OTool has landed on any particular side or philosophy yet other than what the other guy is doing is poor and that he would do it better, if elected.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Please explain - in what way is he taking conservatives to the left? Just askin....
He is taking a harder line on environmental issues, something the Conservatives have deftly sidestepped for years. He is also talking about things like shrinking private sector union membership, the increasing of unequal wealth distribution, and has taken a position that there is "No place for the far right" in his party. Now whether he is sincere in bringing the Conservatives closer to center or is just getting a head start on the coming election remains to be seen, but he's making noises you don't generally hear from Conservatives.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
He is taking a harder line on environmental issues, something the Conservatives have deftly sidestepped for years. He is also talking about things like shrinking private sector union membership, the increasing of unequal wealth distribution, and has taken a position that there is "No place for the far right" in his party. Now whether he is sincere in bringing the Conservatives closer to center or is just getting a head start on the coming election remains to be seen, but he's making noises you don't generally hear from Conservatives.
Who cares about private sector unions , do something about public sector unions , like cancel them .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who cares about private sector unions , do something about public sector unions , like cancel them .
I believe Unions are very important especially in a role of ensuring and improving safety in the work place. Otherwise I believe they should stay away from management, which is the employer's responsibility at his/her expense! :)

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I believe Unions are very important especially in a role of ensuring and improving safety in the work place. Otherwise I believe they should stay away from management, which is the employer's responsibility at his/her expense! :)
Who reigns them in when they get out of control?

Reactions: Dixie Cup