The Truth and Reconciliation Commission wants an appology from Pope.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I didn't say "believe in."

You mean lip service? Strange that! I was intimidated into violating the commandment about lying in primary school. With the whole class doing its first communion and my already being aware that I didn't believe, I went through the motions anyway to not stick out like a sore thumb. It makes me wonder how many more of my classmates lied that day for the same reason. They should have some kind of process in place to not encourage such violations of the Gospel, such as by making students feel more comfortable with being honest.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
He had merely expressed condolences. That is not the same as an apology. Anyone can express condolences, but only the guilty can apologise. The Church is guilty on an institutional level given its official support and promotion of the system at the highest levels of the Vatican.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Benedict taught in those schools. I didn't realize that he had abused and caused the deaths of those children.

Both you and bones are sooooooooooooooooooooooo good at quoting law (at least when it suits ya), you do realize that the SC found that the "organisations" that ran the schools were and are considered independent parts of the Catholic Church and are responsible for their own parts in the school system. What the Pope did was more than the courts have required. He addressed the schools, and he did so directly to those involved.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Benedict taught in those schools. I didn't realize that he had abused and caused the deaths of those children.

Both you and bones are sooooooooooooooooooooooo good at quoting law (at least when it suits ya), you do realize that the SC found that the "organisations" that ran the schools were and are considered independent parts of the Catholic Church and are responsible for their own parts in the school system. What the Pope did was more than the courts have required. He addressed the schools, and he did so directly to those involved.

Good enough.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Really, you sure you don't want to bash the Church a bit more?

The truth is the truth. You are correct in saying they are separate elements, but we also know that the Vatican approved of the system. They aren't that separate.

But I do disagree with forcing the Church to apologize. A forced apology is meaningless.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh, and by the way, what the fu ck is the Universal Catholic Church? I've never heard of this organization.

NVM, found it.

Universal Catholic Church Home

considering it wasn't founded until 2007, what does it have to do with the residential schools?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The truth is the truth. You are correct in saying they are separate elements, but we also know that the Vatican approved of the system. They aren't that separate.

But I do disagree with forcing the Church to apologize. A forced apology is meaningless.

Stop being such a dink Machjo.... You have a hard-on for the Catholic Church, we all get that.

Time to move onto another little hobby-horse to complain endlessly about

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The Catholic Church was designed to destroy and swallow the diverse cultures of the world everywhere they went the first thing they did was to burn libraries and librarians,loot treasurys and reduce the people to slaves. The largest successful mutinational communist empire of globalist satanic monsters. A perversion of natural order and enemy of light. Humanity will do nothing better than to erase it from the face of the earth.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

The same argument is easily used for our current government, and its leader. Is Justin morally superior then the pope?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
The Catholic Church was designed to destroy and swallow the diverse cultures of the world everywhere they went the first thing they did was to burn libraries and librarians,loot treasurys and reduce the people to slaves. The largest successful mutinational communist empire of globalist satanic monsters. A perversion of natural order and enemy of light. Humanity will do nothing better than to erase it from the face of the earth.

The Vikings, Mongols and Mayans all did the exact same thing.

Kinda takes the wind outta the sail, doesn't it?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The same argument is easily used for our current government, and its leader. Is Justin morally superior then the pope?

The government of Canada is a democratically elected body. It is elected to represent the people of this country. It is elected to represent the people of this country in all manner of international and national trade deals, etc. The government of Canada is and has been a continuous entity since confederation.

Morality has nothing to do with this.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You mean lip service?
No, I mean a good few were brought to Jesus. As in sent to Jesus. As in killed.

And you're good at "one holy Catholic and apostolic church" until Father Feely gets caught with his hands down little Jimmy's pants. Then you start babbling about "separate and independent parts."

Does all authority, and hence all responsibility, flow from Jesus through Saint Peter, or does it not? Is the Pope the Vicar of Christ on Earth, or is he not? Is the conduct of the church ultimately his responsibility, or is it not?

That said, I got no problem with the Pope, or the one before him. Don't even have that much of a problem with the Catholic church's involvement in the schools. They weren't any better or any worse'n any other part of society.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The government of Canada is a democratically elected body. It is elected to represent the people of this country. It is elected to represent the people of this country in all manner of international and national trade deals, etc. The government of Canada is and has been a continuous entity since confederation.

Morality has nothing to do with this.

The pope is elected to represent the church and God. I feel there are many similarities.
Morality may have nothing to do with it in your opinion in this case. But a great many people may not agree with you, and say JT is morally superior then the pope.

The Vikings, Mongols and Mayans all did the exact same thing.

Kinda takes the wind outta the sail, doesn't it?

Yes. And this is why we can't constently look back in the pass and seek compensation for wrong doing. All we can do is look forward and not repeat what we perceive as wrong. And have a good defence against others who would seek to gain from conquest.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
maybe the pope should open up the bank and pay the costs created by the damages created by the church
words are sooo....BULLCRAP
and can't be traded for stolen natural resources

and how do you apologize for MULTIPLE baby rape anyhow?
only with a ropedive

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And you're good at "one holy Catholic and apostolic church" until Father Feely gets caught with his hands down little Jimmy's pants. Then you start babbling about "separate and independent parts."

So, we can hold you and your leaders responsible for every and anything done by individual members of your "tribe". How about you let me know what tribe that is so I can do a little research and know what you are really like.
Does all authority, and hence all responsibility, flow from Jesus through Saint Peter, or does it not? Is the Pope the Vicar of Christ on Earth, or is he not? Is the conduct of the church ultimately his responsibility, or is it not?

The Church, yes. Individuals within that Church, no.

That said, I got no problem with the Pope, or the one before him. Don't even have that much of a problem with the Catholic church's involvement in the schools. They weren't any better or any worse'n any other part of society.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Yes. And this is why we can't constently look back in the pass and seek compensation for wrong doing. All we can do is look forward and not repeat what we perceive as wrong. And have a good defence against others who would seek to gain from conquest.

You got it.

Interesting how you don't hear these lobby groups demanding much from any other groups that don't have high documented amounts of wealth.

Funny how that works, eh?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
the bit where the pope hid the molesters and moved them around to avoid blame and liability was church policy
you can hold the money
for that the death penalty would be fine
in all cases of guilt

and all moneys the church has is stolen and conned
stolen from the people they raped

so they should get to keep that eh?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So, we can hold you and your leaders responsible for every and anything done by individual members of your "tribe". How about you let me know what tribe that is so I can do a little research and know what you are really like.
False analogy. I'm not talking about individual Catholics, I'm talking about officials and employees of the Catholic church.

Nice try, though.

The Church, yes. Individuals within that Church, no.
Don't have much problem with that, really. More of a problem with the church hierarchy using its political and economic power to assist the coverup.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Yes indeed. Whether you believe it or not ain't gonna keep me up nights. You've amply demonstrated you believe what you want to believe, and poor, poor victimized Catholic church, everybody's so mean to them is a big part of what you want to believe.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
the bit where the pope hid the molesters and moved them around to avoid blame and liability was church policy
you can hold the money
for that the death penalty would be fine
in all cases of guilt

This is about the TRC and residential schools.

as for your stupidity, the RCC isn't the only organisation that did what you accuse. However, for idiots, like yourself, that have a hard on for the RCC it's the only one ya's ever mention.

Don't have much problem with that, really. More of a problem with the church hierarchy using its political and economic power to assist the coverup.

and when it comes to the residential schools, what did the Vatican cover up exactly?