The Origin of the Wuhan Coronavirus

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
16,219
2,460
113
Twin Moose Creek

BOMBSHELL: Documents Prove that Fauci Was Working With Communist Party on COVID


A WHO briefing package sent on February 13, 2020, to NIH officials traveling to China as part of the COVID response ask that the officials wait to share information until they have an agreement with China: “IMPORTANT: Please treat this as sensitive and not for public communications until we have agreed communications with China.”

In an email dated January 20, 2020, a WHO official discusses the epidemiological analysis they conducted of COVID-19 earlier that month and states that it is “strictly confidential,” is “only for,” the Strategic and Technical Advisory Group for Infection Hazards (STAG-IH), and “should not be further disseminated.”

In an email dated March 4, 2020, from Chinese journalist Zeng Jia to Lane, a reporter for Caixin Media, points out to Fauci deputy Cliff Lane that the number of cases reported in the WHO Joint China Mission’s report are inconsistent with the number reported by the Wuhan Public Health Committee:

It says on Page 6 [in the WHO report] that there was at least one clinically diagnosed case of coronavirus on December 2th, 2019, in Wuhan; and from Jan 11th to 17th there were new clinically diagnosed and confirmed cases every day in Wuhan, which is not consistent with Wuhan Public Health Committee’s numbers.


In an email dated February 15, 2020, Gauden Galea, head of the WHO office in China, informs the joint mission members traveling to China that all of their activities in China would be arranged by the Chinese Government’s National Health Commission.

“These emails set the tone early on in the coronavirus outbreak. It’s clear that the WHO allowed China to control the information flow from the start. True transparency is crucial,” said Ethan Barton, editor-in chief for the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“These new emails show WHO and Fauci’s NIH special accommodations to Chinese communist efforts to control information about COVID-19,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

This is the latest information obtained in Judicial Watch and the DCNF’s ongoing investigation into Fauci’s and NIH’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. Judicial Watch and the DCNF previously uncovered emails showing a WHO entity pushing for a press release, approved by Dr. Fauci, “especially” supporting China’s COVID-19 response.

Much more in the article
 
  • Like
Reactions: petros

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
16,219
2,460
113
Twin Moose Creek

World Health Organization COVID investigator Peter Daszak – who The National Pulse recently exposed as having financial links to the Chinese Communist Party – has revealed he was responsible for convincing fellow investigators that it wasn’t necessary to look into data wiped by the Wuhan Institute of Virology.


In a stunning revelation during a panel discussion, Daszak disseminated wild conspiracy theories in an attempt to blame anyone except his financial benefactors the Chinese Communist Party for the continuing virus origin mystery.

Daszak bizarrely laid into War Room: Pandemic show host Stephen K. Bannon and The Epoch Times newspaper for creating what he called an environment whereby the Chinese Communist Party wouldn’t want to be transparent about COVID-19’s origins. Both entities have called for fuller investigations into the Wuhan lab, shunning the idea that the virus came from a wet market or a bat.

Daszak, however, continues to cover for his paymasters while holding a position at the World Health Organization.

He said, during his recent livestream:

“I’ve seen incredible efforts from everything from [religious sect] Falun Gong to the [Chinese dissident] Miles Guo camp, Steve Bannon’s group pushing the conspiracy theories around China. It’s useful to them. They’re funding it and pushing it and science has been to some extent caught up in that to other instances absolutely crushed by it. We’ve not had access to work in China on the origins for the last 12 months, which is ironic because we could have been on the ground there working with our Chinese colleagues and by now we could have found some really important answers. The rhetoric has held that up.”

The remarks follow a National Pulse report highlighting how Daszak collaborated with the Wuhan Institute of Virology for nearly two decades. He also speaks at Chinese state-run media conferences, and recently received “federal funding from China.”

Daszak even seemed to imply that he was personally responsible for convincing fellow World Health Organization (WHO) investigators that critical COVID-origin data recently erased by the Wuhan Institute of Virology was irrelevant.

Given Daszak’s past collaborations with the Wuhan-based institute, he felt he “basically knew what’s in those databases”:

“We did not ask to see the data. A lot of this work is work that has been conducted with EcoHealth Alliance. I’m also part of those data and we do basically know what’s in those databases … I got to talk with both sides about the work we’ve done with Wuhan Institute of Virology and explained what’s there.”

The databases in question contain information on at least 16,000 virus samples and were deleted in September 2019 – a move Daszak claims was due to the lab’s concerns over being hacked.

This week, fellow CCP-funding recipient and WHO investigator Marion Koopmans revealed scientists working at the Wuhan lab fell sick in the fall/autumn of 2019. That data has now, apparently, been deleted.

Koopmans – a member of the recent WHO mission to discover the origins of COVID-19 in China – has even served as an advisor to the Chinese Communist Party’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention and authored studies funded by Chinese government-backed grants.

“The sole U.S. member of the WHO team, EcoHealth Alliance president Dr. Peter Daszak, revealed during a panel discussion Wednesday that they did not request to see the deleted WIV databases because he personally vouched for the lab, saying the data did not contain relevant information on the pandemic’s origins,” The Daily Caller summarized.

In a sign of transparency and openness, Daszak has begun blocking critics and reporters from viewing his Twitter activity:
 
  • Like
Reactions: taxslave

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
27,268
768
113
Ex-CDC chief Redfield claims COVID-19 originated in a Chinese lab
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 26, 2021 • 58 minutes ago • 1 minute read • 13 Comments
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Robert Redfield attends at a hearing of the Senate Appropriations subcommittee reviewing coronavirus response efforts on September 16, 2020 in Washington, DC.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Robert Redfield attends at a hearing of the Senate Appropriations subcommittee reviewing coronavirus response efforts on September 16, 2020 in Washington, DC. PHOTO BY POOL /Getty Images
Article content
The former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said he believes the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 likely escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China, embracing a theory rejected by many global epidemiologists that has contributed to tensions between China and the West.

“I still think the most likely etiology of this pathogen in Wuhan was from a laboratory, you know, escaped,” Robert Redfield, who headed the CDC in the Trump administration, said in a televised interview with CNN.


“It’s not unusual for respiratory pathogens that are being worked on in a laboratory to infect a laboratory worker,” he said.

Redfield said that he thought it unlikely a disease that originated in bats – as many experts believe – so swiftly “became one of the most infectious viruses that we know in humanity for human-to-human transmission,” but added that he was not saying release of the virus was intentional.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

Redfield’s opinion was in line with other Trump administration officials such as former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who said recently that there was a “significant amount of evidence” that the virus came from a lab, without providing any evidence.

U.S. infectious disease chief Anthony Fauci, who served in the Trump administration and now serves under President Joe Biden, said most public health officials disagree with the Chinese lab theory, when asked about Redfield’s comments during a White House COVID-19 briefing.

Most believe that the virus was circulating for a month or more before it was clinically recognized in China, and that in that time it could have adapted itself to more efficient transmission between humans, said Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.

A World Health Organization report on its investigation into the origins of the coronavirus is expected soon. The head of the WHO-led team in February said bats remain a likely source and effectively ruled out a lab leak.
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
27,268
768
113
WHO: COVID-19 probably passed from bats, further studies required
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 29, 2021 • 6 hours ago • 2 minute read • 82 Comments
This handout picture taken and released on Feb. 12, 2021 by World Health Organization shows WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus delivering remarks during a press conference in Geneva.
This handout picture taken and released on Feb. 12, 2021 by World Health Organization shows WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus delivering remarks during a press conference in Geneva. PHOTO BY CHRISTOPHER BLACK/WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
GENEVA — A joint WHO-China study on the origins of COVID-19 says that the virus was probably transmitted from bats to humans through another animal, and that a lab leak was “extremely unlikely” as a cause, a summary seen by Reuters said on Monday.

The WHO did not immediately reply to a query seeking comment, but said the full report by the independent experts would be published on Tuesday at 1400 GMT after member states have been briefed.


The findings, first reported by the Associated Press, match what WHO experts have said previously about their conclusions following a Jan-Feb visit to the central Chinese city of Wuhan where the first human cases were detected in late 2019.


Three laboratories in Wuhan working with coronaviruses had “well-managed,” high-quality biosafety levels, and there had been no reports of compatible respiratory illness among staff during the preceding months, the report said.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
Nor had they tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus in subsequent blood screening for antibodies, the report said.

“In view of the above, a laboratory origin of the pandemic was considered to be extremely unlikely,” it said.

WILDLIFE

Many questions remain unanswered about the virus that sparked the pandemic and the team proposed further research in bats and pangolins in China as well as in southeast Asia. Surveys of other wild animals – including civets, mink and ferrets – known to be infected by the virus were recommended.

Many early human cases were associated with the Huanan seafood market in Wuhan, which also sold wildlife, “but a similar number of cases were associated with other markets and some were not associated with any market,” the report said, adding it was not possible to draw any conclusions.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

An AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine container at a Shopper's Drug Mart in Toronto, March 12, 2021.
National vaccine panel to recommend suspending AstraZeneca shots for under-55s
A vial of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine sits on a work station thawing in preparation for being administered during the first day of vaccinations at the Strathcona Paper Centre vaccine clinic in Napanee on Monday, March 15, 2021.
Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 vaccines highly effective even after first shot in real-world use: U.S. study

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreysus acknowledged receipt of the report but declined to give details, telling a Geneva news briefing: “All hypotheses are on the table and warrant complete and further studies.”

The report does not require any approval by member states.

The United States expects the WHO-led investigation to require further study of the virus, perhaps including a return visit to China, a senior U.S. official told reporters last week. He hoped it would be “based on science.”

The probe was plagued by delays, concern over access and bickering between Beijing and Washington, which under former U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration accused China of hiding the extent of the initial outbreak.

The WHO declared on Jan. 30, 2020, that COVID-19 constituted an international emergency, its highest level of alert.
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
27,268
768
113
Data withheld from WHO team probing COVID-19 origins in China: Tedros
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Stephanie Nebehay and John Miller
Publishing date:Mar 31, 2021 • 3 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus attends a news conference organized by Geneva Association of United Nations Correspondents (ACANU) amid the COVID-19 outbreak, caused by the novel coronavirus, at the WHO headquarters in Geneva Switzerland July 3, 2020.
World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus attends a news conference organized by Geneva Association of United Nations Correspondents (ACANU) amid the COVID-19 outbreak, caused by the novel coronavirus, at the WHO headquarters in Geneva Switzerland July 3, 2020. PHOTO BY POOL /REUTERS
Article content
Data was withheld from World Health Organization investigators who traveled to China to research the origins of the coronavirus epidemic, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Tuesday.

The United States, the European Union and other Western countries immediately called for China to give “full access” to independent experts to all data about the original outbreak in late 2019.


In its final report, written jointly with Chinese scientists, a WHO-led team that spent four weeks in and around Wuhan in January and February said the virus had probably been transmitted from bats to humans through another animal, and that a lab leak was “extremely unlikely” as a cause.

One of the team’s investigators has already said China refused to give raw data on early COVID-19 cases to the WHO-led team, potentially complicating efforts to understand how the global pandemic began.

“In my discussions with the team, they expressed the difficulties they encountered in accessing raw data,” Tedros said. “I expect future collaborative studies to include more timely and comprehensive data sharing.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
The inability of the WHO mission to conclude yet where or how the virus began spreading in people means that tensions will continue over how the pandemic started – and whether China has helped efforts to find out or, as the United States has alleged, hindered them.

“The international expert study on the source of the SARS-CoV-2 virus was significantly delayed and lacked access to complete, original data and samples,” Australia, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Korea, Slovenia, Britain, the United States said in a joint statement.


“NOT EXTENSIVE ENOUGH”

Although the team concluded that a leak from a Wuhan laboratory was the least likely hypothesis for the virus that causes COVID-19, Tedros said the issue required further investigation, potentially with more missions to China.

“I do not believe that this assessment was extensive enough,” he told member states in remarks released by the WHO. “Further data and studies will be needed to reach more robust conclusions.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
The WHO team’s leader, Peter Ben Embarek, told a press briefing it was “perfectly possible” the virus had been circulating in November or October 2019 around Wuhan, and so potentially spreading abroad earlier than documented so far.

“We got access to quite a lot of data in many different areas, but of course there were areas where we had difficulties getting down to the raw data and there are many good reasons for that,” he said, citing privacy laws and other restrictions.

Second phase studies were required, Ben Embarek added.

He said the team had felt political pressure, including from outside China, but that he had never been pressed to remove anything from its final report.

Dominic Dwyer, an Australian expert on the mission, said he was satisfied there was “no obvious evidence” of a problem at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

The European Union called the study “an important first step” but renewed criticisms that the origin study had begun too late, that experts had been kept out of China for too long, and that access to data and early samples had fallen short.

In a statement, Walter Stevens, EU ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, called for further study with “timely access to relevant locations and to all relevant human, animal and environmental data available.”