The First 100 Days in Trump Land

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"The Trump gang is a regressive group and seems to want to restore some period in history that is now remembered with rose colored glasses. Reality things were not better back then.just different and less progressive."

The 80's were much better...before NAFTA...and before pleasing shareholders usurped the dignity and lives of employees.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Actually about 37.9 % of all Canadians . Say hi to your wife .

No. She's not stupid, either.

Take away Alberta and the rest of yahoo country and your "overwhealming" Canadian support site at about 10%.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
No. She's not stupid, either.

Take away Alberta and the rest of yahoo country and your "overwhealming" Canadian support site at about 10%.

I live in Alberta (SE Alberta...one of the most conservative areas of the country) and the overwhelming majority think Trump and his Trumpites are nuts.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I live in Alberta (SE Alberta...one of the most conservative areas of the country) and the overwhelming majority think Trump and his Trumpites are nuts.

I met ONE (1) young, recently graduated from University (Accountancy) man who has bought the whole Alt-Reich package. Anyway, he informed me that he doesn't read any newspapers, watch any news, read any educated opinion, at all nor does he need to.

He is literally the only one that I know and I routinely interact with about 150 people every week.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
BRAVO to ALBERTA (and Albert ans) Of course they ;are right. Alberta might be "conservative" but for the most part it is NOT stupid. ( or brain dead ) Trump is an animal of his own making... and is an embarrassment to any party or political position.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
BRAVO to ALBERTA (and Albert ans) Of course they ;are right. Alberta might be "conservative" but for the most part it is NOT stupid. ( or brain dead ) Trump is an animal of his own making... and is an embarrassment to any party or political position.

Alberta isn't all that conservative. We have a Dipper government (thanks mostly to the folks from Saskatistan) and we've had big government and big spending Conservative governments for years. With the exception of the Klein era, Alberta been more leftist. Under Lougheed, we had hospitals and courthouses in every two-bit town in Alberta

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I think The Donald is probably clever enough to preclude all that! :) :)

I think The Donald is probably clever enough to preclude all that! :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

When is the Dumpster going to reveal this heretofore hidden intelligence?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ever notice that this is one of Trumps favourite mouth positions. It looks like a rectum that is about to push out a large, hard one. It is that way because he is always spouting bullsh!t.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I think we'd all be better of if people would get off their left, right, Liberal, Conservative, Alt-right (whatever the hell that is!) , racial, religious, special needs wagons and whatever other wagon their riding and get on the common sense wagon. Do some critical thinking for yourselves and forget the spin doctors.
Everybody's got an agenda but none of them are 'good for the country' agendas. Just 'ME' agendas.
Keep on riding your separate wagons and you're going to fall under the wheels eventually.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Zach Braff, Fans Call On Alec Baldwin To Be Trump At Correspondents Dinner

Here’s an idea: Since President Donald Trump has said he’s planning on ditching the annual White House Correspondents Dinner in April, maybe a substitute could take his place. Who better than Alec Baldwin, whose impersonations of the president on “Saturday Night Live” continue to grow eerily close to the real thing?

Actor Zach Braff came up with the idea. After Trump said he wouldn’t be attending the dinner, Braff tweeted to Baldwin that it was time to “suit up.” Other Baldwin fans chimed in.

Zach Braff, Fans Call On Alec Baldwin To Be Trump At Correspondents Dinner | The Huffington Post

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Zach Braff, Fans Call On Alec Baldwin To Be Trump At Correspondents Dinner

Here’s an idea: Since President Donald Trump has said he’s planning on ditching the annual White House Correspondents Dinner in April, maybe a substitute could take his place. Who better than Alec Baldwin, whose impersonations of the president on “Saturday Night Live” continue to grow eerily close to the real thing?

Actor Zach Braff came up with the idea. After Trump said he wouldn’t be attending the dinner, Braff tweeted to Baldwin that it was time to “suit up.” Other Baldwin fans chimed in.

Zach Braff, Fans Call On Alec Baldwin To Be Trump At Correspondents Dinner | The Huffington Post
Won't they have fun telling each other how grand and worldly they all are . I wonder which one will get the mighty Soap Box award .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Won't they have fun telling each other how grand and worldly they all are . I wonder which one will get the mighty Soap Box award .

This companionship/social cohesion stuff bothers you, does it?

It's true, I guess, that narcisistic bullying types can't abide the companionship of others unless they can rule over all of them and that they all love him in return.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm glad this thread is talking about the booming economy in BC. Like all economic booms, it is off the backs of the poorest and least advantaged, and being plundered by the rich. Maybe Hollywood will move more filming up here during Trump's crackdown on the first amendment. You can get a good deal on a 70 year 1000 sq ft rancher. Just $1.5 million. Little lopsided. Lotsa rats.

Alberta isn't all that conservative. We have a Dipper government (thanks mostly to the folks from Saskatistan) and we've had big government and big spending Conservative governments for years. With the exception of the Klein era, Alberta been more leftist. Under Lougheed, we had hospitals and courthouses in every two-bit town in Alberta

Small towns in Alberta have hospitals? Regular Bolshevik paradise you got there. What next? You're going to tell me they got roads too?