The earth Hour is back!

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Incidentally, South Korea was a big success as well.

South Korea joins Earth Hour wave

Some 50 cities in South Korea agreed to join the campaign, Project Executive Manager Lee Hee-song told Xinhua, a sharply increase from the previous year when only Seoul and Changwon took part in.

The lights of major buildings in Seoul, including the Main Government Building, the City Hall, the Samsung Town, and such landmarks as the Seoul Tower and the 63 City, participated in the event, were turned off for Earth Hour.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
That is not cap and trade. Cap and trade was something proposed by Obama. It was apporved by the House but was never taken up by the senate.

I can't help you if your gonna be dumb.

There was life before Obama you know.

Did you even bother to look at my link?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Vatican Earth Hour

A general view of the St.Peter's Square at the Vatican with its lights switched off during the Earth Hour event, Saturday March 28, 2009. From the Great Pyramids to the Acropolis, the London Eye to the Las Vegas strip, nearly 4,000 cities and towns in 88 countries planned to join in the World Wildlife Fund-sponsored event, a time zone-by-time zone plan to dim nonessential lights between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
sssssiiitthhhh......

`Earth Hour`? What the **** is that?
As if we could make a difference in the cycle of things greater than ourselves?
How silly of us......:lol:

Well, it is earth hour again. Tomorrow, Saturday 27th march at 8.30 p.m. is the earth hour. Be sure to turn the lights off for one hour 8.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. It is a way of making a statement for the environment.

I posted a thread about earth hour last year as well. Last year earth hour was a smashing success, more than 1 billion people in the world participated. Let us hope we can do better this year.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Well, I have to log off now. Thirsty mob is braying at the door. The wife is holding them off and yelling at me to get off the computer.

But before I go, remember,

SWITCH OFF THOSE LIGHTS!!!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
It's 8:45pm; got the dryer going, the lovely wife is watching TV, I'm surfing the net, daughter's doing homework on-line, son's at a church youth event(don't know if they want to turn off the lights while they're in charge of a group of randy teenagers), turned on the outside lights to keep away the losers who will take advantage of the lefties who have turned theirs off, just recaulked the bathtubs, am enjoying a glass of wine and life is good.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well, I have to log off now. Thirsty mob is braying at the door. The wife is holding them off and yelling at me to get off the computer.

But before I go, remember,

SWITCH OFF THOSE LIGHTS!!!

Is your computer still turned on? The forum software says you're still here....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Is your computer still turned on? The forum software says you're still here....
Toni:I think it has to do with sessions timeout settings....if you shut down without logging off...I think this forum will show you still on line for two hours...
I'm curious...just did a check...shut down without logging off started the other computer and it was showing me still on line:smile:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Toni:I think it has to do with sessions timeout settings....if you shut down without logging off...I think this forum will show you still on line for two hours...
I'm curious...just did a check...shut down without logging off started the other computer and it was showing me still on line:smile:

Ahh gotcha. That would have been embarassing...

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Is gyping the same as Jewing; both denegrate a segment of society?

Where I grew up Jewing would be like negotiating a better price and gyping would be more like over charging for something. But then most of eastern Europe was represented in our logging camp and they called each other all kinds of things.