The astronomers mistake about Jupiter

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
All planets in our Solar System spin in a prograde motion, except Venus and Uranus, which spin in a retrograde motion. Uranus is lying on its side - its axis of spin is parallel to the plane of the Solar System. On Venus and Uranus, the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east.
The planets in our Solar System spin because of the Sun spinning around itself, and it drags the planets to spin in the same direction from left to right, with the exception of Mercury and Venus: they stopped their axial rotation when they lost their internal heat, and the turn is for Earth to stop its spinning after about 1000 years.
So Venus and Mercury appear to move retrograde, like our Moon which apparently moves retrograde, while in reality, it does not spin around itself.
About Uranus, its axis tilt makes it spin in a plane about horizontal.
This is to let sun rays fall on a certain region to become warm: so as to bear life maybe: because Uranus is far away in distance from the Sun.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017

I say: Glory be to God!
No doubt this marvelous solar system is designed to bear life and in particular the intelligent life in the form of man-kind and genie-kind.
The axis inclination intends to let the sun rays and heat reach the planets in a reasonable amount according to the distance of each planet.
The far planet will receive the rays and heat of the sun if its axis tilt is modified in some way or another.
E.g. the planet Uranus receives the sun's heat at a certain zone which will always face the sun, and will get warmer in this way. And because this planet is tremendous in size, this region will be divided into smaller regions with different temperatures.
This undoubtedly indicates the wisdom and might of God the Creator, glory be to Him.

Quran 3: 190-191, which means:
(190. There – in the creation of the heavens and the earth a, and the alternation of the night and the day b – are indicative signs c to men having discerning minds.

[Then God – be glorified – started to describe and praise those men having the discerning minds:]
191. [Those] who ‘remember and mention’ God when they stand up, sit down and lie down [in bed] d, and they meditate on the creation of the heavens and the earth [: the planets including the earth] e, [then they say]: "Our Lord, not in vain f have You created this [universe!] Glory be to You g! Protect us from the torment of the Fire.h ")
....................................................................................................................................................................................................

190 a i.e. the planets including the earth.

190 b On these planets because of their rotation.

190 c Of a Wise Creator Who created them perfectly, and a Wise Designer Who invented them and perfected their creation.

191 d It means: they always remember and glorify Him, and they seek His help and do not seek the help of anyone else when they stand up and sit down.
So the seeking of help of those other than God is not allowed, even if you say: O Mohammed [help me!] when you stand up; therefore, whoso seek the help of imams, sheikhs , prophets and saints, when he stands up and sits down, then he is an associater (who associates or joins them with God in the worship.)

191 e i.e. the planets including the earth: so they contemplate about these planets and their spinning around their axes so that the day and night issue, then their circling around the sun so that the four seasons issue: summer, winter, spring and autumn; and they ponder the marvels of God in these planets and the astonishing creatures and the large number of signs that God created on these planets; therefore, they say:

191 f Not without purpose.

191 g You do not do any mistake.

191 h By guiding us to the way of the truth, and by forgiving us our sins.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I say: Glory be to God!
No doubt this marvelous solar system is designed to bear life and in particular the intelligent life in the form of man-kind and genie-kind.
The axis inclination intends to let the sun rays and heat reach the planets in a reasonable amount according to the distance of each planet.
The far planet will receive the rays and heat of the sun if its axis tilt is modified in some way or another.
E.g. the planet Uranus receives the sun's heat at a certain zone which will always face the sun, and will get warmer in this way. And because this planet is tremendous in size, this region will be divided into smaller regions with different temperatures.
This undoubtedly indicates the wisdom and might of God the Creator, glory be to Him.

Quran 3: 190-191, which means:
(190. There – in the creation of the heavens and the earth a, and the alternation of the night and the day b – are indicative signs c to men having discerning minds.

[Then God – be glorified – started to describe and praise those men having the discerning minds:]
191. [Those] who ‘remember and mention’ God when they stand up, sit down and lie down [in bed] d, and they meditate on the creation of the heavens and the earth [: the planets including the earth] e, [then they say]: "Our Lord, not in vain f have You created this [universe!] Glory be to You g! Protect us from the torment of the Fire.h ")
....................................................................................................................................................................................................

190 a i.e. the planets including the earth.

190 b On these planets because of their rotation.

190 c Of a Wise Creator Who created them perfectly, and a Wise Designer Who invented them and perfected their creation.

191 d It means: they always remember and glorify Him, and they seek His help and do not seek the help of anyone else when they stand up and sit down.
So the seeking of help of those other than God is not allowed, even if you say: O Mohammed [help me!] when you stand up; therefore, whoso seek the help of imams, sheikhs , prophets and saints, when he stands up and sits down, then he is an associater (who associates or joins them with God in the worship.)

191 e i.e. the planets including the earth: so they contemplate about these planets and their spinning around their axes so that the day and night issue, then their circling around the sun so that the four seasons issue: summer, winter, spring and autumn; and they ponder the marvels of God in these planets and the astonishing creatures and the large number of signs that God created on these planets; therefore, they say:

191 f Not without purpose.

191 g You do not do any mistake.

191 h By guiding us to the way of the truth, and by forgiving us our sins.

It would be one thing if you just posted this drivel on April Fools day, but you are a fool all year round.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The planets in our Solar System spin because of the Sun spinning around itself, and it drags the planets to spin in the same direction from left to right, with the exception of Mercury and Venus: they stopped their axial rotation when they lost their internal heat, and the turn is for Earth to stop its spinning after about 1000 years.
So Venus and Mercury appear to move retrograde, like our Moon which apparently moves retrograde, while in reality, it does not spin around itself.
About Uranus, its axis tilt makes it spin in a plane about horizontal.
This is to let sun rays fall on a certain region to become warm: so as to bear life maybe: because Uranus is far away in distance from the Sun.

Mercury and Venus do spin.

Mercury, like Earth, spins in a prograde fashion, whereas Venus, like Uranus, spins in a retrograde fashion. Venus is considered by astronomers to be upside down and Uranus to be lying on its side.

All the large moons in the Solar System (including the Moon) have prograde orbits around their planets, except Neptune's moon Triton, which has a retrograde orbit. Some tiny moons have retrograde orbits, whereas some have prograde orbits, like the Martian moons Phobos and Deimos.

The Moon DOES spin on its axis, just like Earth and other planets and moons do. If it didn't spin then different faces of the Moon would face the Earth at different periods, when that's clearly not the case.

Last edited:

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
Mercury and Venus do spin.

Mercury, like Earth, spins in a prograde fashion, whereas Venus, like Uranus, spins in a retrograde fashion. Venus is considered by astronomers to be upside down and Uranus to be lying on its side.

All the large moons in the Solar System (including the Moon) have prograde orbits around their planets, except Neptune's moon Triton, which has a retrograde orbit. Some tiny moons have retrograde orbits, whereas some have prograde orbits, like the Martian moons Phobos and Deimos.

The Moon DOES spin on its axis, just like Earth and other planets and moons do. If it didn't spin then different faces of the Moon would face the Earth at different periods, when that's clearly not the case.
Do you take everything astronomers say as fact? This is not correct.
Obviously, they are wrong.
Because all objects in the solar system including the Sun itself.. all spin from left to right: what you call prograde.
What I told you about the 'retrograde' is apparently not really: some of the objects appear to spin in retrograde: but in fact, they do rotate around themselves from left to right: the same spinning direction of the Sun.
So as if the planets are connected to the Sun by strings and the Sun pulling them with its spinning from left to right.
And as the Earth spins from left to right, it drags its Moon to spin with it in the same direction also from left to right.
the reason for the revolution of the planets around the sun

Moreover, if you want to ascertain the stopping of Mercury and Venus from spinning: see their bizarre apparent movement different from the rest of the objects in the solar system:

And see what surprises astronomers about the movement of Mercury:
"Mercury spins slowly on its axis and completes one rotation every 59 Earth days. But when Mercury is moving fastest in its elliptical orbit around the Sun (and it is closest to the Sun), each rotation is not accompanied by a sunrise and sunset like it is on most other planets. The morning Sun appears to rise briefly, set and rise again from some parts of the planet's surface. The same thing happens in reverse at sunset for other parts of the surface. One Mercury solar day (one full day-night cycle) equals 176 Earth days—just over two years on Mercury."

while as regards Planet Uranus: it also spins from left to right, but its direction of spinning is designed to make life possible in the regions exposed much to sun rays and heat.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Do you take everything astronomers say as fact? This is not correct.
Obviously, they are wrong.
Because all objects in the solar system including the Sun itself.. all spin from left to right: what you call prograde.
What I told you about the 'retrograde' is apparently not really: some of the objects appear to spin in retrograde: but in fact, they do rotate around themselves from left to right: the same spinning direction of the Sun.
So as if the planets are connected to the Sun by strings and the Sun pulling them with its spinning from left to right.
And as the Earth spins from left to right, it drags its Moon to spin with it in the same direction also from left to right.

Moreover, if you want to ascertain the stopping of Mercury and Venus from spinning: see their bizarre apparent movement different from the rest of the objects in the solar system:

And see what surprises astronomers about the movement of Mercury:
"Mercury spins slowly on its axis and completes one rotation every 59 Earth days. But when Mercury is moving fastest in its elliptical orbit around the Sun (and it is closest to the Sun), each rotation is not accompanied by a sunrise and sunset like it is on most other planets. The morning Sun appears to rise briefly, set and rise again from some parts of the planet's surface. The same thing happens in reverse at sunset for other parts of the surface. One Mercury solar day (one full day-night cycle) equals 176 Earth days—just over two years on Mercury."

while as regards Planet Uranus: it also spins from left to right, but its direction of spinning is designed to make life possible in the regions exposed much to sun rays and heat.

Uranus is the coldest planet in the Solar System.

Uranus has rings like Saturn.

It has 27 known moons.

Uranus is tipped up onto its side.

So too are the rings.

Its moons orbit Uranus accordingly, moving around Uranus like a ferris wheel.

Like Venus, it spins the opposite way to the other six planets.

uranus_r.gif

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
A lunar day lasts 29.5 Earth days.
I mean day and night: our Earth day is 12 hours; on Moon, it is about or less than 15 of our Earth days.
We on Earth see only one face of Moon, which will show us the phases of the Moon: from crescent, to full moon till the waning.
In its waning, Moon is in the middle of its night.

Anyhow, if Moon had spun around itself, we could have seen its other face which is invisible to us on Earth.

the appearances of the moon

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I mean day and night: our Earth day is 12 hours; on Moon, it is about or less than 15 of our Earth days.
We on Earth see only one face of Moon, which will show us the phases of the Moon: from crescent, to full moon till the waning.
In its waning, Moon is in the middle of its night.

Anyhow, if Moon had spun around itself, we could have seen its other face which is invisible to us on Earth.

the appearances of the moon

No. The reason we only see one face of the Moon is because it is spinning on its axis. If the Moon didn't spin on its axis we would see a different face of the Moon in each part of its orbit around Earth.

As for daylight periods on Earth, it's not always 12 hours of daylight everyday. For example, in December Britain only has 7 hours of daylight each day.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017

The reason we only see one face of the Moon is because it is spinning on its axis. If the Moon didn't spin on its axis we would see a different face of the Moon in each part of its orbit around Earth.
This is only expressional; say whatever you want: the Moon does not spin in a way to show its other side. It is locked as they call it; why does it move in this way?
This is your wrangling in the past also; so that you don't want to admit that Moon keeps one face to Earth, as Mercury and Venus do toward the Sun: the other face of Moon is invisible to us.
As for daylight periods on Earth, it's not always 12 hours of daylight everyday. For example, in December Britain only has 7 hours of daylight each day.
This is generally speaking: of course, day and night differ in winter than in summer; this is not in Britain, it is in most countries of the Earth if not in all its countries. I said that to show you that I mean the 'day' not the 24 hours, but the lightened side of Earth and Moon.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
This is only expressional; say whatever you want: the Moon does not spin in a way to show its other side. It is locked as they call it; why does it move in this way?
This is your wrangling in the past also; so that you don't want to admit that Moon keeps one face to Earth, as Mercury and Venus do toward the Sun: the other face of Moon is invisible to us.

This is generally speaking: of course, day and night differ in winter than in summer; this is not in Britain, it is in most countries of the Earth if not in all its countries. I said that to show you that I mean the 'day' not the 24 hours, but the lightened side of Earth and Moon.

The Moon spins on its axis at the same speed it orbits Earth: for each revolution on its axis it does one orbit of Earth. This is called being tidally locked. But it still spins on its axis.

Mercury and Venus are NOT tidally locked.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The difference between my words and your words is that you stick to the data known and given by scientists and astronomers.. while I want to doubt SOME of such data:
E.g. you said: Moon is tidally locked... I said: why will Moon do this? You said: it completes one circle around the earth as it completes spinning around itself.
See, therefore, you didn't actually answer this point.
So why is the moon tidally locked as they call it!?

Again you came to assert the words of astronomers: Mercury and Venus are NOT tidally locked.
So you tell me something that I know astronomers say.

The interpreter tells people: look to Moon, Mercury, and Venus why do they behave as such different from other objects in the solar system?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The difference between my words and your words is that you stick to the data known and given by scientists and astronomers.. while I want to doubt SOME of such data:
E.g. you said: Moon is tidally locked... I said: why will Moon do this? You said: it completes one circle around the earth as it completes spinning around itself.
See, therefore, you didn't actually answer this point.
So why is the moon tidally locked as they call it!?

Again you came to assert the words of astronomers: Mercury and Venus are NOT tidally locked.
So you tell me something that I know astronomers say.

The interpreter tells people: look to Moon, Mercury, and Venus why do they behave as such different from other objects in the solar system?

Gravity from Earth pulls on the closest tidal bulge, trying to keep it aligned. This creates tidal friction that slows the Moon's rotation. Over time, the rotation was slowed enough that the Moon's orbit and rotation matched, and the same face became tidally locked, forever pointed toward Earth.

The image on the left shows how the Moon moves about Earth, spinning on its axis once for each orbit. The image on the right shows what it would look like if the Moon didn't spin on its axis: different faces of the Moon would face Earth at various times....

300px-Tidal_locking_of_the_Moon_with_the_Earth.gif

Mercury IS tidally locked but in a different way to the Moon. For every three spins on it axis it does two rotations around the Sun.

Venus isn't tidally locked but is upside down, which means it is rotating backwards, like Uranus.

The Moon isn't the only moon in the Solar System that is tidally locked. These are, too:

These moons of Mars: Phobos, Deimos

These moons of Jupiter: Metis, Adrastea, Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto

These moons of Saturn: Pan, Prometheus, Atlas, Pandora, Epimetheus, Janus, Mimas, Enceladus, Telesto, Tethys, Calysto, Rhea, Dione, Titan, Iapetus

These moons of Uranus: Umbriel, Miranda, Ariel, Titania, Oberon

These moons of Neptune: Proteas, Triton

This moon of Pluto: Charon

Pluto is also tidally locked to Charon.

These moons MAY be tidally locked to their planets but isn't yet known for sure:

These moons of Saturn: Daphnis, Aegaeon, Methone, Anthe, Pallene, Helene, Polydeuces

These moons of Uranus: Cordelia, Ophelia, Bianca, Cressida, Desdemona, Juliet, Portia, Rosalind, Cupid, Belinda, Perdita, Puck, Mab

These moons of Neptune: Naiad, Thalassa, Despina, Galatea, Larissa

So our Moon isn't the only moon that's tidally locked and always has the same face facing its planet. There are many others.

Reactions: taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The position of Jupiter is between Mars and Saturn: therefore, it should be bigger than Mars and smaller than Saturn.. it can't be so huge and it remains in its site... why has it become in the present location? If it is so big, it must be the farthest from the sun!

quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#DIAGRAM__3_
Well dumb shit, you and you're ignorant religious "scholars" don't seem to know that A) Jupiter wasn't always in that position. B) The Solar system isn't just one big centrifuge machine and C) Despite its massive size, Jupiter is actually LESS dense than Mars or Earth. That means it weighs less.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
Gravity from Earth pulls on the closest tidal bulge, trying to keep it aligned. This creates tidal friction that slows the Moon's rotation.
Over time, the rotation was slowed enough that the Moon's orbit and rotation matched,
and the same face became tidally locked, forever pointed toward Earth.

The image on the left shows how the Moon moves about Earth, spinning on its axis once for each orbit. The image on the right shows what it would look like if the Moon didn't spin on its axis: different faces of the Moon would face Earth at various times....

View attachment 7681

Not convincing, in spite of the skilled image drawing.
Who said this was the genuine reason for what you call locking of the Moon?
This is what you suggest (or they suggest in fact), and you take their suggestion as a fact: it pleases you more than our words, which you dislike.

Last edited: