The America Democrats voted for.. 😢

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Being a Democrat Is Not Cool Anymore

And they are not taking it well. Elon just bought their country club and now everyone's going to be back on the course.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Two Republican senators are on record as wanting to repeal the Civil Rights Acts or have them struck down as violations of the First Amendment's right to freedom of association. This would be such a shocking reversal, and is so dangerous to say, that if two sitting senators are saying it, there's a lot more who're thinking it.

What, you thought the "freedom to refuse service to gays" was the whole shebang? That's so CUTE! Just the first step in a process.
OMG - I hadn't heard that. IF that is true (and often they're not whether it's a Dem or a Rep) then you're absolutely correct in stating this is unconscionable. However, that doesn't negate my previous statement regarding this Senator which is just as bad.

Who are the two Senators?

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Braun (R-Ind.)

Question: Senator, you spoke about judicial activism. If this Supreme Court later this year strikes down the right to abortion, would you consider that to be judicial activism legislating from the bench?
Answer: I consider it to have been judicial activism when it occurred back almost 50 years ago. So I think this would be bringing it back to a neutral point to where that issue should have never been federalized, way out of sync I think with the contours of America then. And this basically puts it back to a point where, like most of these issues when one side of the aisle wants to homogenize it federally, is not the right way to do it. This should be something where the expression of individual states are able to weigh in on these issues, through their own legislation, through their own court systems. Quit trying to put the federal government in charge of not only things like we did navigating through COVID recently, where I think that was misguided, but in general. So now I think this takes it back to a point where it should have never gotten beyond in the first place.

Question: Would you apply that same basis to something like Loving v. Virginia, the Supreme Court case that legalized interracial marriage?
Answer: When it comes to the issues, you can't have it both ways. When you want that diversity to shine within our federal system, there are going to be rules and proceedings, they're going to be out of sync with maybe what other states would do. It's a beauty of the system, and that's where the differences among points of view in our 50 states ought to express themselves. And I'm not saying that rule would apply in general depending on the topic, but it should mostly be in general, because it's hard to have it on issues that you just are interested in when you deny it for others with a different point of view.
Linky-dinky.

Paul (R-Ky.)

A free society will abide unofficial, private discrimination, even when that means allowing hate-filled groups to exclude people based on the color of their skin. It is unenlightened and ill-informed to promote discrimination against individuals based on the color of their skin. It is likewise unwise to forget the distinction between public (taxpayer-financed) and private entities.“ — Rand Paul

Linky-dinky.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Pretty sure this ISN'T the America the US people voted for.

As is typical, the Dems are too weak to stand up and DO anything positive, instead they waste time trying to "work with" the Republicans, who don't care at all.

Personally, I think we're just waiting to see how quick the US falls after this coming election.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

As is typical, the Dems are too weak to stand up and DO anything positive, instead they waste time trying to "work with" the Republicans, who don't care at all.

Personally, I think we're just waiting to see how quick the US falls after this coming election.
I'm figuring it'll see me into my grave from sheer inertia. We have a $21 trillion GDP. China has 2/3 of that, Japan 1/4, and nobody else is in the ballpark.

Over time, meh, empires fall. Faster and faster with each successive one, it seems.

Reactions: Serryah

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

If the Republicans don't get rid of the Rino's and the Democrats win in November, the country will fall. The only hope is that the GOP get their crap together with the new people that are up and coming and who will fight for what is right & constitutional. Unfortunately, history has it that they don't know how to fight as well as the Democrats because many of the Republicans, (not unlike the Democrats) are either too lazy, too scared or too corrupted to actually do anything to straighten things out. The Republicans have good policies - they're just not very good at implementing them so I'm hoping the new people who have managed to get rid of people like Liz Chaney, (fingers crossed) will do the right thing for the country.

I'm thinking if they had term limits & took the huge amounts of money out of the political process, things would be much better. The money makes it more likely that people will be "paid off" for certain decisions which is why it's such a big no no. Limits to what corporations & unions can donate as well as individuals would perhaps make things more palatable? Just sayin...

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The Dominion ones the Democrats had rigged in order to win the election. Considering Biden's performance to date, they are probably regretting that move now.

Unless somehow you have proof that multiple people haven't presented (despite saying they had the proofs!), you're talking right wing, Trumper conspiracies.

Biden's (expected) low ability to do anything isn't due to the conspiracy of 'rigged machines'.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Unless somehow you have proof that multiple people haven't presented (despite saying they had the proofs!), you're talking right wing, Trumper conspiracies.

Biden's (expected) low ability to do anything isn't due to the conspiracy of 'rigged machines'.
His getting elected certainly is.

Reactions: Twin_Moose