Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

• Sad
Reactions: Mowich

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Pelosi equates Russian invasion of Ukraine to GOP 'assaults on our democracy in our own country'​

Republicans are trying to "go back to the days of enslavement and to the days of Jim Crow" with their opposition to Democratic legislation to assert federal control over U.S. elections, claimed Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.).

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Pelosi equates Russian invasion of Ukraine to GOP 'assaults on our democracy in our own country'​

Republicans are trying to "go back to the days of enslavement and to the days of Jim Crow" with their opposition to Democratic legislation to assert federal control over U.S. elections, claimed Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.).
While Lee's statement is correct, comparing it to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, if in fact Pelosi did that, is grotesque, hysterical, and stupid.

In other words, just another day in American politics in the days of decline.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The America Moosie desperately wanted:

Trump said it was "wonderful," "so smart," and even "genius" for Putin to "declare a big portion of the Ukraine ... as independent." He claimed Putin will now "go in" and "be a peacekeeper." While Putin has said he's sending troops to the breakaway regions as part of a "peacekeeping" mission,

Trump also declared that Putin has "the strongest peace force I've ever seen," with "more army tanks than I've ever seen," and "we could use that on our southern border." Putin is "savvy,"

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The America Moosie desperately wanted:

Trump said it was "wonderful," "so smart," and even "genius" for Putin to "declare a big portion of the Ukraine ... as independent." He claimed Putin will now "go in" and "be a peacekeeper." While Putin has said he's sending troops to the breakaway regions as part of a "peacekeeping" mission,

Trump also declared that Putin has "the strongest peace force I've ever seen," with "more army tanks than I've ever seen," and "we could use that on our southern border." Putin is "savvy,"
Did I not say I didn't like that interview?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
While Lee's statement is correct, comparing it to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, if in fact Pelosi did that, is grotesque, hysterical, and stupid.

In other words, just another day in American politics in the days of decline.
Can you please explain how Lee is correct? Where in the U.S. is there a "Jim Crow 2.0"? Seriously.... I do agree with you regarding Pelosi - she's not particularly intelligent and it amazes me how long she's been in government. It's obvious she only gets elected due to name recognition and not for anything that she's actually done.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

DEATH CULT: Democratic Arizona Senator Lupe Contreras Argues in Hearing That His Four Foster Kids Should Have Been Aborted

By Jordan Conradson
Published February 5, 2022 at 8:15am
495 Comments
Well, hopefully his kids don't see this as they'll then know exactly what their lives are worth, according to their Foster Father. Can't say this will be welcome knowledge. I would be devastated to find out that I am not deserving of a life and should never have come into being. WOW - what a horrible message!!

I would hope that someone would sit down with these children and tell them what an amazing sacrifice someone made to bring them into this world and to ensure that they have a life (even if it's in foster care) and that they can make their lives better with hard work, and a good attitude.

As for Contreras, he should never have been a "foster parent" with this kind of attitude because then he's in it for the wrong reason!! I'm wondering if he and his family decided it would benefit him politically to be seen as a "good" guy because he's fostering. It wouldn't surprise me at all and it's the kids who suffer this insanity!

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Can you please explain how Lee is correct? Where in the U.S. is there a "Jim Crow 2.0"? Seriously.... I do agree with you regarding Pelosi - she's not particularly intelligent and it amazes me how long she's been in government. It's obvious she only gets elected due to name recognition and not for anything that she's actually done.
Two Republican senators are on record as wanting to repeal the Civil Rights Acts or have them struck down as violations of the First Amendment's right to freedom of association. This would be such a shocking reversal, and is so dangerous to say, that if two sitting senators are saying it, there's a lot more who're thinking it.

What, you thought the "freedom to refuse service to gays" was the whole shebang? That's so CUTE! Just the first step in a process.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Two Republican senators are on record as wanting to repeal the Civil Rights Acts or have them struck down as violations of the First Amendment's right to freedom of association. This would be such a shocking reversal, and is so dangerous to say, that if two sitting senators are saying it, there's a lot more who're thinking it.

What, you thought the "freedom to refuse service to gays" was the whole shebang? That's so CUTE! Just the first step in a process.
Yet you fail to name these senators . Barack Obama was against gay marriage when first running for president , should that be held against him ?

Reactions: Twin_Moose