Thanks again Mr. Harper...........................

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It is actually very easy to track how much any tax credit costs since in order to claim it you have to file something called a tax return.

You file it with these people from an organization called the CRA, who are kind of sticklers for detail.

Did you have a Slithering type visitation??????

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
You haven't been around much have you?

Disability tax credits under investigation - Canada - CBC News

The problem doesn't just exist north of the border

IRS Handed Out More Than $110 Billion In Improper Tax Credits

Lol, that is not the same thing. Even in that article you can clearly see that they know how much money they are paying out for the tax credit.

Qualification for each tax credit is a different issue, but they most definitely know how much money is going out the door.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Income splitting, so far, is restricted to pension income. Any time that taxes can be avoided is a good time.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Perhaps it would help if you didn't talk apples when I was talking oranges.

You said that tax credits are popular because they "don't come out of anyone's budget", that they are not a budget line item, and that the costs are hard to track.

This is all incorrect. The money necessarily has to come out of the money that could have been spent on paying down the debt or programs and they know exactly how much is being spent on these credits.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You said that tax credits are popular because they "don't come out of anyone's budget", that they are not a budget line item, and that the costs are hard to track.

This is all incorrect.

That's not really what I said and what I did say is correct.

Training, repairs and equipment purchases should be from the Department operating budget not from association money.

It should, but when the municipality says they don't have it, the option is to scale back operations or get it elsewhere. We chose to get it elsewhere.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Or from the insurance companies since well equipped and trained firefighters save them money on payouts.

Insurance companies don't care. They just pass the losses onto their customers in premiums. The losses from fire are insignificant compared to storm damage.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Don't be silly. Anybody can read post #54 and see that it isn't. It's one thing to lie but when the words are right here in black and white, you look especially foolish

Lol, ok, paraphrase, I added the info about what you were responding to.