Teens get community service for microwaving cat

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
A list of the most hideous criminals, would invariably start with cruelty to animals a starting point of the their often murderous careers. It is invariably an indication of sociopathic tendencies, an inability of empathise with others as well as sadistic inclinations, which often as not spark sexual obsessions involving subjegation and exploitation, especially of children. Canada's whole system of corrections and probations needs a revamp, to put in some real deterrence, and to hold young offenders accountable for inflicting willful cruelty on those weaker than themselves.

Psychopaths start with animals and work their way up.

You hit the nail on the head coldstream. I couldn't agree with you more. These kids need some time sharing a cell with Big Bubba. :lol:

BTW, this is my first post, hello everyone. :headbang:

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
There is no justice in that sentense. 40 hrs of community service is a cake walk for those kids(soon to be legal adults)
Very sad

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You shouldn't micro-wave anything you're not going to eat.

That's it Beaver. Once again, you gots it!!

:cool:.....They had planned to eat the cat, and cooked it, then heard "someone" on the front step. Coulda been the postperson, gas guy, cable guy. This panicked them, and they ran out the back door, leaving lunch behind, but pausing to write their estimate of how the cat might have tasted.
"You had a nice cat"...........seee? And they trashed the house in a frantic shearch for food. It all fits..

If I hang out my shingle as a defence attorney, will you let me defend you sometime?? eh??
C'mon!! :lol:

No fee if we lose..........sorry, if you lose.................:read2:

William Jennings "Nuggler" Bryan (Bryan, Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe)

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Here's an update on the remaining tee'wats:

Teens enter lesser pleas in cat microwaving case
CTV Edmonton - Teens enter lesser pleas in cat microwaving case - Canadian Television

The two remaining teens accused of using a microwave to kill a neighbour's cat pleaded guilty Monday to lesser charges of break and enter.

The case comes after three 16-year-old boys and a 13-year-old teen were charged in early 2008 after a family pet was found dead in a microwave inside a Camrose home. An RCMP investigation revealed the cat died when the appliance was turned on.

The two boys, who cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, have long argued they were not the leaders in the act and they played no role in placing the animal in the microwave.

One youth pleaded guilty to break and enter causing mischief. The other pleaded guilty to the same charge plus breach of recognizance.

The judge sentenced one teen to 10 months probaation for the breach of recognizance charge. The other accused who had no previous history was given nine months probation.

Both teens were given 100 hours community service and will have to provide a DNA sample.

The other two teenagers, both 16, pleaded guilty in July to unlawfully causing pain and suffering to an animal.

Both were given 100 hours community service and placed on probation for a year.

Court had previously heard the suspects put the cat in the microwave, turned it on for 10 minutes and listened to its screams before it died.

A family friend of the homeowners discovered the dead cat, named Princess, on Dec. 30 while the family was away on Christmas vacation.

The house had been broken into and trashed.

Police later found the words, "The cat is in the microwave. Nice cat. You had a nice cat," scribbled on a kitchen cupboard.

Animal activist groups once again appeared outside of the Camrose courtroom to protect the horrific acts performed inside the home.

Some of the people outside tell CTV News the sentences do not serve as justice for the treatment of Princess the cat.

More to come...

No it certainly doesn't.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Our "Justice" system sure fell short this time too, as it does so very often. The system
is broken and needs to be fixed. Point out a candidate that will really do that, and he/she's
got my vote.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Our "Justice" system sure fell short this time too, as it does so very often. The system
is broken and needs to be fixed. Point out a candidate that will really do that, and he/she's
got my vote.

You got that right Ron. We just recently had a case in Nanaimo where three guys, beat another guy to death in a bar for moving one of their pool balls. The judge let them all off because it couldn't be determined which one threw the fatal blow.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You got that right Ron. We just recently had a case in Nanaimo where three guys, beat another guy to death in a bar for moving one of their pool balls. The judge let them all off because it couldn't be determined which one threw the fatal blow.

At least the Judge didn't let them all go 'cuz he couldn't figure out who put the Loonie
in the table. They all beat on the guy...then they're all responsible for the death in my
eyes. Three on one? They're all guilty of the same crime then and deserve the same
punishment. Whatever the harshest sentence one of the three could get...they all get.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

I really hope the Crown will appeal that.

If you can be found guilty of murder even if you weren't present(such as the getaway driver in a bank holdup where someone is killed) then why can't you be found guilty here? Of course, I may be thinking that the murder example happens in the US, but it shouldn't be too different from here...should it?8O:-(

The FIRST thing we need to do is get rid of the crappy judges that we currently have, as they almost ALWAYS give on the low-end of punishment(if they give any at all).

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
i have found that that is becoming more common these days....are our jails getting too full?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
At least the Judge didn't let them all go 'cuz he couldn't figure out who put the Loonie
in the table. They all beat on the guy...then they're all responsible for the death in my
eyes. Three on one? They're all guilty of the same crime then and deserve the same
punishment. Whatever the harshest sentence one of the three could get...they all get.

Exactly.... same thing occured to me when I got jumped by 5 guys.... they caught and arrested one of the guys as he was running away, he gave all their names who were involved.... yet of course all charges were dropped due to a technicallity that I couldn't identify them in a photo line up that the police gave to me..... 6 months after the incident.... like I'm going to actually remember them all six months after the fact, whom I never met before, and was around 2 in the morning when it all happened.

The whole system is a crock of sh*t no matter what the case is..... there is way too much protection of the accused then there is for the victims in any case these days..... and even when the accused is found guilty.... they get a slap on the wrist.

It's all a joke.

And the fact that people are allowed to "Cut Deals" for lesser charges and lesser jail times, makes a complete joke out of the justice system if you ask me.

I haven't had any faith in the justice system in a few years now, and it's not getting any better.

Oh well, the consequence for this failed justice system is that I now have no choice but to take the law into my own hands next time this sort of thing ever occurs to me, as the police and the legal system did nothing for me..... if they're not going to do anything for me or any other victims, then I'll do it my damn self.

Then of course, I get sent to jail for the rest of my life I bet...... typical.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Prax....I hate to bring politics into this at this point but I'm going to anyway....If the
Conservatives had gotten a majority in this last election, then what we're all complaining
about here might have been on the way to being fixed. The majority didn't happen, and in
order to have the concession to focus on the economy, the Conservatives had to walk away
from fixing the Justice System in an intelligent manner to help cure a broken mess...Thank
You Liberals and Bloc and NDP for making that the line in the sand not to cross so that the
current government could focus on the economy in a Global Economic Toilet. Oh well...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
There should be a law or something in place for children that commit such horrible acts of animal cruelty. They should be monitored for the rest of their lives. There is something very broken in a child that can watch an animal suffer like that and feel no remorse. Something very very broken.

I've heard a cat scream in a house fire. It sounded like a human being burned alive. Being cooked from the inside WOULD be horribly painful. The fact that these kids taunted AFTER the cruelty says alot about their empathy levels (or lack of). What horrible kids.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
As a judge they would have received two years of `juvi` and then two years in the military and the parents should have been fined for
being unfit.

scratch