Ted Kennedy's "Seat" goes to the Republicans

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The Hitler stuff is genius. Scott winning is a kick in the leftards balls.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Democrat Rhode Island Congressman Patrick "Patches" Kennedy called Republican Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown's inauguration "a joke" earlier this week.

Poor Patches seeing his daddy's seat go immediately to a Republican.

Maybe some more drugs and booze can ease the inept congressman's pain. His disapproval rating is 60% so maybe he will be working for his cousin's business soon or falling back on his trust fund.

Poor little rich boy.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Democrat Rhode Island Congressman Patrick "Patches" Kennedy called Republican Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown's inauguration "a joke" earlier this week.

Poor Patches seeing his daddy's seat go immediately to a Republican.

Maybe some more drugs and booze can ease the inept congressman's pain. His disapproval rating is 60% so maybe he will be working for his cousin's business soon or falling back on his trust fund.

Poor little rich boy.

I guess common sense and good manners aren't part of his set of "skills." He might be next to go with an attitude like that. The term "sense of entitlement" comes to mind here...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I guess common sense and good manners aren't part of his set of "skills." He might be next to go with an attitude like that. The term "sense of entitlement" comes to mind here...

Years ago he was on a radio show and a man from Rhode Island called in and asked...

"Congressman Kennedy...can you give me directions to your Rhode Island Headquarters?"

Kennedy answered "Umm...errr....ummm....errr"

"What about a cross street?" the caller continued

"Errr...ummm"

"Thank you...that is what I thought."

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Years ago he was on a radio show and a man from Rhode Island called in and asked...

"Congressman Kennedy...can you give me directions to your Rhode Island Headquarters?"

Kennedy answered "Umm...errr....ummm....errr"

"What about a cross street?" the caller continued

"Errr...ummm"

"Thank you...that is what I thought."

Yikes! I guess the brains were bred out of that bloodline a while back...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Patrick Kennedy was never the bright bulb. Couple that with his shenanigans...

"Do you know who I am?" he asked security at an airport when they wanted to search his luggage.

However he is no different than his Dad was. Teddy Kennedy took a seat in first class during a full flight from Washington. The guy who purchased the seat saw Teddy sitting in it and told the stewardess who then asked if she could see his ticket. Teddy answered...

"You obviously don't know who I am."

"May I see your ticket please?"

"I don't think you know who I am."

"I do Senator Kennedy, but this gentleman has a ticket for that seat so I am trying to help you find your correct seat."

Kennedy got up in a huff and went back to sit with the little people in coach.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Patrick Kennedy was never the bright bulb. Couple that with his shenanigans...

"Do you know who I am?" he asked security at an airport when they wanted to search his luggage.

However he is no different than his Dad was. Teddy Kennedy took a seat in first class during a full flight from Washington. The guy who purchased the seat saw Teddy sitting in it and told the stewardess who then asked if she could see his ticket. Teddy answered...

"You obviously don't know who I am."

"May I see your ticket please?"

"I don't think you know who I am."

"I do Senator Kennedy, but this gentleman has a ticket for that seat so I am trying to help you find your correct seat."

Kennedy got up in a huff and went back to sit with the little people in coach.

Is that a true story? I mean, it's so outrageous that it sounds like someone made it up...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
His last name had a lot to do with it plus he was an icon here. If he had not have got sick he would have most likely won his seat again.

Alas it was not to be.

Being from Massachusetts we always got a lot of ink on the Kennedys. I think it was last winter that an incoherent Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) crashed his car at 3:00AM at a CVS in Washington DC. When the cops showed up he was incoherent but babbled he was on his way to the Capital Building to cast a vote...at 3:00AM!

He got off of course but checked himself into rehab.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
His last name had a lot to do with it plus he was an icon here. If he had not have got sick he would have most likely won his seat again.

Alas it was not to be.

Being from Massachusetts we always got a lot of ink on the Kennedys. I think it was last winter that an incoherent Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) crashed his car at 3:00AM at a CVS in Washington DC. When the cops showed up he was incoherent but babbled he was on his way to the Capital Building to cast a vote...at 3:00AM!

He got off of course but checked himself into rehab.

Well, I knew that Kennedy family had some rich traditions, but I didn't realize it included so many different examples of sterling behavior. :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well, I knew that Kennedy family had some rich traditions, but I didn't realize it included so many different examples of sterling behavior. :lol:

I have a whole bunch. A Boston paper got a hold of a bar tab from Teddy and his son Patrick during the annual Easter Vacation in Palm Beach Florida. Apparently Sen. Kennedy and Congressman Patrick Kennedy slipped out of Sunday church services early and headed straight to the bar.

Ted Kennedy had 3 Bloody Mary's and Patrick sucked down 3 Long Island Ice Teas in 30 minutes! I guess that isn't so bad except that Congressman Patrick Kennedy was discharged from drug rehab a week earlier. :lol:

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
I have a whole bunch. A Boston paper got a hold of a bar tab from Teddy and his son Patrick during the annual Easter Vacation in Palm Beach Florida. Apparently Sen. Kennedy and Congressman Patrick Kennedy slipped out of Sunday church services early and headed straight to the bar.

Ted Kennedy had 3 Bloody Mary's and Patrick sucked down 3 Long Island Ice Teas in 30 minutes! I guess that isn't so bad except that Congressman Patrick Kennedy was discharged from drug rehab a week earlier. :lol:

He was probably just verifying his distaste for the stuff...you know, making sure the rehab worked. :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
He was probably just verifying his distaste for the stuff...you know, making sure the rehab worked. :lol:

Oh the guy is a veteran of drug and alcohol binges, wrecks and rehabs. He also likes to shove women around like he did at LAX to a female Security Guard. He paid her off though per usual.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Since we're talking Irishmen and drinking here's something to lighten the mood

An Irish man walks into a pub. The bartender asks him, "what'll you have?"
The man says, "Give me three pints of Guinness please."
So the bartender brings him three pints and the man proceeds to alternately sip one, then the other, then the third until they're gone. He then orders three more.
The bartender says, "Sir, I know you like them cold. You don't have to order three at a time. I can keep an eye on it and when you get low I'll bring you a fresh cold one."
The man says, "You don't understand. I have two brothers, one in Australia and one in the States. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night we'd still drink together. So right now, my brothers have three Guinness Stouts too, and we're drinking together.
The bartender thought that was a wonderful tradition.
Every week the man came in and ordered three beers. Then one week he came in and ordered only two. He drank them and then ordered two more.
The bartender said to him, "I know what your tradition is, and I'd just like to say that I'm sorry that one of your brothers died." The man said, "Oh, me brothers are fine----I just quit drinking."

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Since we're talking Irishmen and drinking here's something to lighten the mood

An Irish man walks into a pub. The bartender asks him, "what'll you have?"
The man says, "Give me three pints of Guinness please."
So the bartender brings him three pints and the man proceeds to alternately sip one, then the other, then the third until they're gone. He then orders three more.
The bartender says, "Sir, I know you like them cold. You don't have to order three at a time. I can keep an eye on it and when you get low I'll bring you a fresh cold one."
The man says, "You don't understand. I have two brothers, one in Australia and one in the States. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night we'd still drink together. So right now, my brothers have three Guinness Stouts too, and we're drinking together.
The bartender thought that was a wonderful tradition.
Every week the man came in and ordered three beers. Then one week he came in and ordered only two. He drank them and then ordered two more.
The bartender said to him, "I know what your tradition is, and I'd just like to say that I'm sorry that one of your brothers died." The man said, "Oh, me brothers are fine----I just quit drinking."

Faith and begorrah! That's funny... :lol: