Stephen Hawking warns over making contact with aliens

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You do not esteem God as should He be esteemed when you think He is unaware of His creatures, but you should know that His lightening is along with His mercy: the rain.

Noah could not guide his grandson Canaan; Abraham could not guide his father Azar (Tareh), and Mohammed could not guide his uncle: so how can I guide you; I think it is useless; you will lose unless God Himself guides you.

([O Mohammed] even if you try your best to guide them aright, surely God never guides those whom He misleads, and you will not find for them any helpers.)

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran aya 16: 37
إِن تَحْرِصْ عَلَى هُدَاهُمْ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يَهْدِي مَن يُضِلُّ وَمَا لَهُم مِّن نَّاصِرِينَ

My friend I toil day and night to bring you the latest definitive scientific word of god and I am met with nothing but your reluctance to embrace devine light of the very mechanism of power you purport to be in near perfect harmonious alignment with. I have no choice but to think that you do not know the same omnipotent god that I do. There is no force more concious than the aether/god, there is no force more creative than the aether/god, there is no force older than the aether/god, there is no force but God the aether. One of us lives in a mortally dangerous embrace of transgressive delusion. Forgive me but I hope it is you.:smile:

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
This is the idolatry; the sanctification of stones and rocks.

So if you pray to God the daily prescribed prayers, there should not be any statue or picture in front of you; lest there should be any glorification to such statue or picture.

And when some people think: if they wear a certain shirt, something bad will touch them, then this also is a sort of some kind of idolatry: because they think that such shirt or pen may harm them or benefit them.

Eanassir, you might be better off limiting your posts to the Spirituality and Philosophy Forum or the Fun & Jokes Forum as very little of what you post has anything to do with Science.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Kind of. I'm simply going by the POV I take concerning nature. A lot of things in nature look, seem, feel, sound harmless until they take a finger or an arm off, or you fall into something you can't get out of easily.

True, but most of humanity like you and I, still use our brains and are well aware of these things. I'm not suggesting to just go out and find the first galactic alien race we come across, pull our pants down, bend over and say "Probe Away." I'm just saying we shouldn't avoid contact or the universe around us our of mere fear of the unknown.

If they are aggressive, they'll make the first move and we can start opinionating from there, right?

Pretty much... if they're aggressive, there's not much we can do either way... though we are good with our contagious viruses and illnesses. ;-)

But they will find us if they want to find us regardless.... it's not like we're going anywhere anytime soon on this big blue ball of life out in the open for all to see.

What if you extend your hand in friendship, the alien understands what handshakes are, and so you shake, but you get a virus that makes you delapidate into a puddle of glow-in-the-dark goop? "YAY! I met an alien!!" lmao

Perhaps that could happen, and it could occur the other way around too. We could shake hands and all of a sudden I impregnated the alien too.... we won't know unless we try, and we are a trial and error kind of people.

I didn't read where he said we should scoot anywhere. I took him to mean we shouldn't be looking to make buddies until we know what we are making buddies with.

From what I read of his quotes was that chances are the aliens we will meet are going to be like Pirates of the old seas and we shouldn't be making contact period..... but being sure of who we're contacting and being careful who we call friends is kinda common sense and doesn't need a rocket scientist in a wheel chair to tell us that :p

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The point to my electric obcession Annag is that literally nothing is independent from the electrical force, not even dust balls. The trees are propagated electrically. And that too is a matter of scientific fact. Has Steven Hawkings ever met you?:smile:
Gibberish.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
True, but most of humanity like you and I, still use our brains and are well aware of these things. I'm not suggesting to just go out and find the first galactic alien race we come across, pull our pants down, bend over and say "Probe Away." I'm just saying we shouldn't avoid contact or the universe around us our of mere fear of the unknown.
I agree. And like I said, I think what Hawking was saying is that we should avoid contact until we know exactly what we are dealing with. It is not tough to imagine that an entire species could be wiped out.

Pretty much... if they're aggressive, there's not much we can do either way... though we are good with our contagious viruses and illnesses. ;-)
And they may be better at it.

But they will find us if they want to find us regardless.... it's not like we're going anywhere anytime soon on this big blue ball of life out in the open for all to see.
I said that a few posts back, yes.

Perhaps that could happen, and it could occur the other way around too. We could shake hands and all of a sudden I impregnated the alien too.... we won't know unless we try, and we are a trial and error kind of people.
Well, I don't care if they would be aliens or what. To me, life is life and their lives would be just as important as ours.

From what I read of his quotes was that chances are the aliens we will meet are going to be like Pirates of the old seas and we shouldn't be making contact period..... but being sure of who we're contacting and being careful who we call friends is kinda common sense and doesn't need a rocket scientist in a wheel chair to tell us that :p
Perhaps he was only speaking as a man rather than a "rocket scientist" (which he isn't, BTW). Besides, scientists are allowed to speak good sense, too, however uncommon their opinions may be in comparison to the rest of us non-scientists.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The point to my electric obcession Annag is that literally nothing is independent from the electrical force, not even dust balls. The trees are propagated electrically. And that too is a matter of scientific fact. Has Steven Hawkings ever met you?:smile:
I don't care.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Philosophy was and is the first science, the mother of all human discovery.
Eanassir's "philosophy" is his brand of spirituality and is irrelevant to this discussion because it's been shown that any of the science in it, is erroneous.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
What Stephen Hawking actually said:

Professor Stephen Hawking says aliens almost certainly exist - but warns that contacting them could be a disastrous mistake.

Prof Hawking says that in a universe with 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars, it is unlikely that Earth is the only place where life has evolved.

"To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational," he said.

"The real challenge is working out what aliens might actually be like."

Prof Hawking says that they could be microbes - basic animals such as worms which have been on Earth for millions of years, but suggests that extraterrestrial life could develop much further.

"We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet," he said.
UFO in youtube.com

"I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach."

The scientist, who is paralysed by motor neurone disease, warned that contact with alien life could spell disaster for the human race.

"If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the American Indians."

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
What Stephen Hawking actually said:

Professor Stephen Hawking says aliens almost certainly exist - but warns that contacting them could be a disastrous mistake.

Prof Hawking says that in a universe with 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars, it is unlikely that Earth is the only place where life has evolved.

"To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational," he said.

"The real challenge is working out what aliens might actually be like."

Prof Hawking says that they could be microbes - basic animals such as worms which have been on Earth for millions of years, but suggests that extraterrestrial life could develop much further.

"We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet," he said.
UFO in youtube.com

"I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach."

The scientist, who is paralysed by motor neurone disease, warned that contact with alien life could spell disaster for the human race.

"If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the American Indians."
The part in red is exactly what I thought he meant. Thanks, Juan.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Gibberish.

Always will be to you, maybe. From a different perspective than yours it is only fundamental physics and well known ordinary botany. If you can't understand the primate your talking to you should not insult your own intelligence by confusing spoken gibberish with gibberish heard, my tongue works fine your ears are defective. That won't make sense to you either.:cool::lol:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Always will be to you, maybe. From a different perspective than yours it is only fundamental physics and well known ordinary botany. If you can't understand the primate your talking to you should not insult your own intelligence by confusing spoken gibberish with gibberish heard, my tongue works fine your ears are defective. That won't make sense to you either.:cool::lol:
I don't care how many times you flatter me, I won't go to bed with you.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

There are barriers that thwart premature interplanetary intercourse of the physical kind. As soon as a habitat like a planet starts making waves the keepers are on it like flies on a turd, bees on a flower. There's tests that any brights have to pass before the way things are will accomadate their presence I imagine. The planet idea contains the potential contagion until or if it's nice enough to swim in the deep end of the aether pool. Hawkings analogy of north america tried to provide the novelty alien encounter that history proves inexerably phoney, like the professor himself. That encounter was man on man an event we are most familiar with not least. You do see Hawkings deceit there don't you. A full 180 degrees of it. The deepest alien encounter we can have is and has always been here with us, the anti-human. Hawkings is an idiot, or would you deny the humanity of a mathmatishun.:lol:

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
My friend I toil day and night to bring you the latest definitive scientific word of god and I am met with nothing but your reluctance to embrace devine light of the very mechanism of power you purport to be in near perfect harmonious alignment with. I have no choice but to think that you do not know the same omnipotent god that I do. There is no force more concious than the aether/god, there is no force more creative than the aether/god, there is no force older than the aether/god, there is no force but God the aether. One of us lives in a mortally dangerous embrace of transgressive delusion. Forgive me but I hope it is you.:smile:

To God belong both the ether and the matter

God does create; while neither can the ether nor the matter create or form.
The material objects are created, the ethereal structures are formed [inside the material moulds.]
The matter and the ether

God is the All-Wise the All-Seeing the All Hearing the All-Knowing.
While the ether and the matter cannot do that.

Both the ether and the matter are the utensil of God; God creates and does whatever He likes.

(The only words We say to a thing, when We desire it, is that

We say to it: "Be", and [immediately] it is [as We wanted].)

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran 16: 40

إِنَّمَا قَوْلُنَا لِشَيْءٍ إِذَا أَرَدْنَاهُ أَن نَّقُولَ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ

Last edited: