Scheer going to India to 'repair' relationship after 'disastrous' Trudeau trip

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
We'll see. Soon I hope.
Soon I hope too, like as soon as he opened his mouth a week ago. It’s a week late and an economy short.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was asked about the evidence he has that India killed a Canadian and he dodged the question.

It appears he not only dodged the question when asked by Canadian media, he also dodged it when asked by the Indian government.

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has supported Trudeau in calling out India but has also said that Trudeau provided him with no further information than he made in his public statement Monday.

“We need to know all the evidence possible so that Canadians can make judgments on that,” Poilievre said Tuesday.

Here we are days later, and Trudeau hasn’t provided any further evidence to the Canadian people, or according to the Indian government, to their officials.

To gain the support of our allies, to force Modi’s hand, he must release some of the evidence (if anything) he has and show that Canada is serious on this issue as well.

Otherwise, it looks like what India is claiming, that Trudeau is playing politics with a serious issue.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Clearly a closet Librul.
The Canadian government has amassed both human and signals intelligence to support its allegations against India in the investigation of a Khalistani terrorist’s death that flared up tensions between the two countries, sources told CBC News.
Leaked to the CBC, so you know who leaked it, but about Freak’n time already!

The allegation of India’s involvement in the killing of a Sikh Canadian is based on surveillance of Indian diplomats in Canada, including intelligence provided by a major ally, a Canadian official familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on September 21.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Interestingly, as I’m reading comments and getting a feel for things….And many of the comments from the “Indian Sounding” names are more concerned with Canadian Polling as it relates to the NDP having 22% as opposed to the Liberals having 30% as not only do that to combine to just over 50%, but to Jagmeet Singh’s perceived support of Khalistan.

It’s a hornets nest with interesting timing. I’d not ever even heard of Khalistan before this week to be honest.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Interestingly, as I’m reading comments and getting a feel for things….And many of the comments from the “Indian Sounding” names are more concerned with Canadian Polling as it relates to the NDP having 22% as opposed to the Liberals having 30% as not only do that to combine to just over 50%, but to Jagmeet Singh’s perceived support of Khalistan.

It’s a hornets nest with interesting timing. I’d not ever even heard of Khalistan before this week to be honest.
Just shows they're integrating. I imagine most Canadians with "English sounding" names don't give a damn less who wins the by-election in Toiletroll, Shropshire.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I meant on the news feeds from India. I just find the different perspectives interesting. From the outside looking in sort’a thing.
Ah. Got it.

Maybe they're integrating too!

We could do worse than Planet Canada.

It's a "group" thing. Greeks were enormously proud when Michael Dukakis was running for President, and basically the entire continent of Africa was thrilled when we elected Obama.

The Irish are famous for adopting any President with one drop of Irish blood (like O'Bama).

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

That might be because of where you live. Khalistan comes up often in BC news. Vancouver area Sikh community is portrayed as a hotbed of separatist activity. The problem is, most of us don't care what happens in India as long as it doesn't affect us. I suppose it could be compared to gang wars. The general sentiment here is keep your wars in your own land. Canada is not a safe haven for terrorists.
The catch, of course is that one man's terrorist is often another man's freedom fighter.
So far, all the "news" we are getting is coming from turdOWE's paid media.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
That might be because of where you live. Khalistan comes up often in BC news. Vancouver area Sikh community is portrayed as a hotbed of separatist activity.
When I talk to the guys from India (Sikhs & others) it’s all Trucking-Centric, as we are one of five trucking companies in our building. 😉
The problem is, most of us don't care what happens in India as long as it doesn't affect us. I suppose it could be compared to gang wars. The general sentiment here is keep your wars in your own land. Canada is not a safe haven for terrorists.
The catch, of course is that one man's terrorist is often another man's freedom fighter.
So far, all the "news" we are getting is coming from turdOWE's paid media.
The (one of the) interesting things I’m picking up from India as a skim through different things this morning, is that Trudeau is being portrayed as “a racist misogynist with unacceptable views.” The irony is palpable.
1695387502489.jpeg
…& no one seems to be mentioning whom this “major ally” might be…
1695387579232.jpeg
That’s capable of surveilling Indian diplomats in Canada.
1695387652751.jpeg
No wonder Sniffer Joe looked so pissed at Trudeau in pictures without context in India at the G20 Financial Summit.
1695387748395.jpeg
But with the leak happening to the CBC, the Liberals can’t blame it on CSIS. Not credibly anyway.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
India asks citizens to be careful if traveling to Canada as rift escalates over Sikh leader’s death
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Sheikh Saaliq
Published Sep 20, 2023 • 3 minute read

India Canada Sikh Slain
India has advised its citizens to be careful when traveling to Canada as a rift between the two nations escalates further in the wake of Ottawa’s allegations that India may have been involved in the killing of a Sikh separatist leader in suburban Vancouver.
NEW DELHI (AP) — India on Wednesday advised its citizens to be careful when traveling to Canada as a rift between the two nations escalates further in the wake of Ottawa’s allegations that India may have been involved in the killing of a Sikh separatist leader in suburban Vancouver.

The foreign ministry in New Delhi issued an updated travel advisory, urging its nationals and especially those studying in the North American country to be cautious because of “growing anti-India activities and politically condoned hate-crimes.”

Indians should also avoid going to venues in Canada where “threats have particularly targeted Indian diplomats and sections of the Indian community who oppose anti-India agenda,” the ministry said.

Ottawa and New Delhi, two key strategic partners on security and trade, are locked in a diplomatic rift after Canada’s Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, alleged that India was connected to the assassination of Sikh independence advocate on its soil in June.

Canada has yet to provide any evidence of Indian involvement in the assassination of Hardeep Singh Nijjar, a 45-year-old Sikh leader killed by masked gunmen in Surrey, outside Vancouver.

For years, India has said Nijjar, a Canadian citizen born in India, has links to terrorism, an allegation he denied, saying he was working to organize an unofficial Sikh diaspora referendum on independence from India at the time of his killing.

Trudeau’s announcement was followed by Canada expelling an Indian diplomat in Ottawa. New Delhi responded by rejecting Trudeau’s accusation as “absurd and motivated” and later expelling a Canadian diplomat.

Indian authorities designated Nijjar a terrorist in 2020 and accused him of supporting demands for an independent Sikh homeland, known as Khalistan, that started as an insurgency in India’s Punjab state in 1970s and 1980s and was crushed in an Indian government crackdown.

The movement has since lost much of its political power but still has supporters in Punjab, where Sikhs are in a majority, as well as among the sizable overseas Sikh diaspora.

India’s foreign ministry also said Trudeau’s allegations “seek to shift the focus from Khalistani terrorists and extremists, who have been provided shelter in Canada and continue to threaten India’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.”

The ministry regularly issues travel advisories. In September last year, it asked Indian citizens to remain cautious while traveling in Canada because of “sharp increase in incidents of hate crimes, sectarian violence and anti-India activities” there.

The modern Sikh independence movement reaches back to the 1940s but eventually morphed into the 1970s and 1980s insurgency. In 1984, then-Prime Minister Indira Gandhi ordered a raid to capture armed separatists taking refuge in Sikhism’s holiest shrine.

The raid killed hundreds of people, and two of Gandhi’s Sikh bodyguards assassinated her shortly after. In response, anti-Sikh riots took place across India in which members of the minority were dragged out of their homes and killed.

And though the insurgency was suppressed long ago, the government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has warned repeatedly that Sikh separatists were trying to make a comeback. Modi’s government has been asking several countries — including Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom — to take legal action against Sikh separatists.

India has also for years accused Canada of giving free rein to Sikh separatists, including Nijjar.

The dueling expulsions of diplomats have escalated tensions _ Trudeau had frosty encounters with Modi during this month’s Group of 20 meeting in New Delhi, and a few days later Canada canceled a trade mission to India planned for the fall.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Modi will flip it. He will claim that he’s been on Canada’s ass about this for ever & a day, & that Canada needs to step up. Right or wrong that’s what I predict will happen, and the other 4/5th eyes will need India more than Canada (due to China), so we’re gonna be left out in left field. Good times…

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Maybe he'll snap up a few Candian tourists or aid workers or whatnot, and arrange a nice, quiet little hostage. . . um, prisoner. . . swap.

That's how these things are usually handled. Humanitarian and all that.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Modi will flip it. He will claim that he’s been on Canada’s ass about this for ever & a day, & that Canada needs to step up. Right or wrong that’s what I predict will happen, and the other 4/5th eyes will need India more than Canada (due to China), so we’re gonna be left out in left field. Good times…
If it goes that way, expect more liquidations in Canada.