Saddam Trial - Gen.Ramsey Clarke defends Saddam

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
Perhaps your scope is too narrow, ITN. Canadians are known for their introspection. It's considered a flaw by some.

You are about the only person I've ever heard say that Canadians aren't self-critical enough, and it seems to be because you really hate when anybody criticises your country.

Consider this...when Galloway came to Canada and went after us for supporting the war in Iraq, did you hear a huge outcry? Nope. those who support your illegal war and our involvement in it barked a bit, but Canadians overall tucked it away as a little more information.

Now look what your country did, or tried to do, to Galloway.

Galloway......an excellent example of how each nation handles criticism. Criticism is imperative for things to improve. Galloway happened to be right in both situations. Sometimes one has to suck it up and FACE it.....as facing it square on is the only way one can truly deal with it.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
They tucked it away because they blew it off as non-sense.

Not at all, except those who support the war and/or hyphenate "nonsense".

Why wasn't there any criticism about that?

There was, not least of all from me. That actually started when it became that our presence in Afghanistan could be embroiling us in war crimes committed by the United States. Iraq wasn't an issue yet.

Nobody called me un-Canadian for saying those things, although I was accused of being anti-American. Funny how that works.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
In what way have we contributed? Please elaborate. Thanks.

Hospital ships in the Gulf and other off-shore support. Keeping our people in Afghanistan to free up US troops for Iraq. Logistical support. Selling our radioactive waste to the Americans so they could make DU weapons. Making bullets and bombs for the US military.

I think that about covers it, although our training of Iraqi police is a bit of a grey area. I didn't include it in the first bit because it is arguably a benefit to Iraqis and because the Iraqi police, including the ones we trained, are completely infiltrated by various factions of the insugency.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
think not wrote:
Many Canadians still don't believe you contributed to the Iraq war. And yet you have, in many ways. Why wasn't there any criticism about that?

geezuzz. How have we "contributed to the Iraq invasion?? Still looking to bring down anyone you can WITH you , aren't you.?? What is it with this mindset that cannot face the realities of its actions......and the consequences??? Too embarrassing to realize that you have been duped by a moron in the oval office???

time to stand up and be counted......this is YOUR invasion. It is on YOUR motives, and each disastrous outcome has been a direct result of YOUR stupidity .....mr./mrs. america and the loonies that run your country.

there is not a leader in any nation on this planet as despised now as yours....and that includes the former Iraq leader. ....even though y'all try to drum up hatred towards him...as much as your spin machine will configure. He was a sadist......and a torturer.......but damn it ......so is the bushmanInc. Killing THOUSANDS more of the Iraqi population in order to remove him from power , take control of THEIR natural resources, and build massive military bases there ........is still MURDER. It was premeditated, with a motive, means and opportunity. Mass murder on an international basis.

too bad the US is too stupid, too illegal, too immoral and too unethical to do the right/legal thing and move this "trial "over to Hague. ........where some objectivity might be possible. would bet anything the USR is hoping that SH suddenly dies.......dead men tell no embarrassing truths. (even brutal dictators that the US endorse for some time when it suited them. ITN .....you want hypocracy??? Just look at the US /SH dynamic. One could easily say that the US is a frichen traitor to Iraq.

stop attacking us little people and go after the real bastards.(hypocrits)

Now......get bush in beside SH and we might have a sensible start to repairing some of this disaster.

(if anyone thinks that "we" would defend blindly something horrible that our own gov't had done.......then they are more foolish than one gives them credit for)

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Ocean Breeze said:
think not wrote:
Many Canadians still don't believe you contributed to the Iraq war. And yet you have, in many ways. Why wasn't there any criticism about that?

geezuzz. How have we "contributed to the Iraq invasion?? Still looking to bring down anyone you can WITH you , aren't you.?? What is it with this mindset that cannot face the realities of its actions......and the consequences??? Too embarrassing to realize that you have been duped by a moron in the oval office???

time to stand up and be counted......this is YOUR invasion. It is on YOUR motives, and each disastrous outcome has been a direct result of YOUR stupidity .....mr./mrs. america and the loonies that run your country.

there is not a leader in any nation on this planet as despised now as yours....and that includes the former Iraq leader. ....even though y'all try to drum up hatred towards him...as much as your spin machine will configure. He was a sadist......and a torturer.......but damn it ......so is the bushmanInc. Killing THOUSANDS more of the Iraqi population in order to remove him from power , take control of THEIR natural resources, and build massive military bases there ........is still MURDER. It was premeditated, with a motive, means and opportunity. Mass murder on an international basis.

too bad the US is too stupid, too illegal, too immoral and too unethical to do the right/legal thing and move this "trial "over to Hague. ........where some objectivity might be possible. would bet anything the USR is hoping that SH suddenly dies.......dead men tell no embarrassing truths. (even brutal dictators that the US endorse for some time when it suited them. ITN .....you want hypocracy??? Just look at the US /SH dynamic. One could easily say that the US is a frichen traitor to Iraq.

Now......get bush in beside SH and we might have a sensible start to repairing some of this disaster.

(if anyone thinks that "we" would defend blindly something horrible that our own gov't had done.......then they are more foolish than one gives them credit for)

BRAVO.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:

Canada's "Secret" Contribution to the War in Iraq

Reprinted on Vive le Canada

Ocean Breeze said:

Yes, and when have I ever agreed with the war?

Ocean Breeze said:

Then issue an international indictment for his arrest. What is stopping the world? More hypocrisy?

Ocean Breeze said:

Little people? That's the problem here. Diminish immoral acts by the magnitude of participation. Bravo.

Ocean Breeze said:

But I don't hear a national outcry about it. Why not?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

Said1 said:
I think the whole thing is pretty fracical. Chop his head off.

Without a fair trial? I am for chopping his head after a fair trial for him and his ex-friends in the WH.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

moghrabi said:
Said1 said:

Without a fair trial? I am for chopping his head after a fair trial for him and his ex-friends in the WH.

Sure, why not. I'm not totally conviced it's the real Saddam anyway. Could be one of his doubles. :D

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

Well Bush does not have a double. I am for it too. The real Bush with either Saddam or his double works for me as long as I see Bush hanging by and with his DICK Cheney.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Then issue an international indictment for his arrest. What is stopping the world?

Threats of trade retalitation and a promise to use military force to free any American arrested under international laws.

But I don't hear a national outcry about it. Why not?

Because you don't listen?

Wow. Not a lot of respect for democracy in that statement, Said.

Why don't we get him to talk about who all was involved in his crimes instead and then try to collaborate what he said?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Reverend Blair said:
[

Wow. Not a lot of respect for democracy in that statement, Said.

Why don't we get him to talk about who all was involved in his crimes instead and then try to collaborate what he said?

Wow, Rev. Kinda touchy this am? Aside from the farcial comment, which I stand by - the rest was joke. Sheesh. :roll:

I hope he does give details about what's been going on for the last 30yrs. I don't think Ramsey Clarke is no traitor either, he's there for a reason.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Reverend Blair said:
In what way have we contributed? Please elaborate. Thanks.

Hospital ships in the Gulf and other off-shore support. Keeping our people in Afghanistan to free up US troops for Iraq. Logistical support. Selling our radioactive waste to the Americans so they could make DU weapons. Making bullets and bombs for the US military.

I think that about covers it, although our training of Iraqi police is a bit of a grey area. I didn't include it in the first bit because it is arguably a benefit to Iraqis and because the Iraqi police, including the ones we trained, are completely infiltrated by various factions of the insugency.

How is Canada complicit in the War on Terror? The illegal and imoral war on terror, I mean.
Rev put up a good list there, all true and damning.
There was one more - we are supplying energy to the great war machine of the USA.
This echoes another time where a madman could have been stopped by restricting oil supplies and gasoline, an idea covered in an article I like to post a lot called
Shadow of the Swastika
http://www.sumeria.net/politics/shadv3.html

This essay tell how Imperial Oil could have single handedly made the Nazi war machine grind to a halt by SIMPLY STOPPING SALES of refined "tetra-lead-ethyl", [ gasoline].
Not surprisingly, Preston Bush, granddaddy of Pres.babyBush , was head of , or high up in, Imperial Oil at that time.

Instead of fighting [ dodging military duty], and instead of resticting commerce to win a war and avoid millions of deaths, THEY PROFITTED. I suggest the same thing is going o today, with the same Elites puling the strings.

We must fight to bring down the Fossil Fools before global warming and global warmongering [hey, thats cute!] reduce us all to dust.

I do, well said, yupers.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Breaking News from ABCNEWS.com:

SADDAM HUSSEIN SAYS HE WILL NOT RETURN "TO AN UNJUST COURT" WHEN IT RECONVENES

and the drama.....er......circus continues....

Usually legal procedings are very professional in conduct.........while this one......?????????? :? 8O

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

Really it is an "Unjust Court" a Kangaroo court to be more exact. He should be tried at the Hague.

Also don't these type of trials usually happen after the "conflict" is over? not during.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

no1important said:
Really it is an "Unjust Court" a Kangaroo court to be more exact. He should be tried at the Hague.

Also don't these type of trials usually happen after the "conflict" is over? not during.

your last point is something I had not considered. WELL done. So what is the frichen hurry??? Hostilities are running high.....and the situation is explosive ..........not objective /calm as is required in proper court of law.

again.......it is the USR that is muddying everything up.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Ocean Breeze said:
[

your last point is something I had not considered. WELL done. So what is the frichen hurry??? Hostilities are running high.....and the situation is explosive ..........not objective /calm as is required in proper court of law.

The point is bringinng democracy to Iraq, what better way to show sincerity then to have a farcical display of justice, with none other than "the man" himself?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Said1 said:
Ocean Breeze said:
[

The point is bringinng democracy to Iraq, what better way to show sincerity then to have a farcical display of justice, with none other than "the man" himself?

you did say "sincerity " didn't ya??? :wink: :)