Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

Ocean Breeze said:
Said1 said:
Ocean Breeze said:
[

your last point is something I had not considered. WELL done. So what is the frichen hurry??? Hostilities are running high.....and the situation is explosive ..........not objective /calm as is required in proper court of law.

The point is bringinng democracy to Iraq, what better way to show sincerity then to have a farcical display of justice, with none other than "the man" himself?

you did say "sincerity " didn't ya??? :wink: :)

Yes. And I know I spelled it right. :D

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
This circus in Baghdad with Saddam gaming his PR on TV (helluva way for the Bush PR machine to even give Saddam a stage to dance on) will be no worse or better than the World Court in the Hague did with Milosovec of Serbia.

That was a circus too.

I don't think this Iraq Judge can do any worse than the Europeans did with Milosovec.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I think not said:
Poor Saddam hasn't changed his underwear, someone should shove it down his throat and let him choke on it.

Is it democracy you are promoting in Iraq? The American democracy by shoving an underwear down a throat of a prisoner of war?

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Do the inurgents promote democracy bythreatening potential voters?

(By the way the heroism of Iraqi voters stepping over the pieces of corpse of a suicide bomber and spitting on it on their way to vote is absolutely priceless).

Do the insurgents promote democracy by destroying others' mosques?

Do the insurgents promote democracy by killing Iraqi policeman, killing children getting a piece of candy from an American soldier?

Do the insurgents promote democracy by severing the heads of peace protesters from the West ? Or kidnapping them ?

But, Moghrabi, I do agree that our fuzzy lies and coverups regarding our treatment of prisoners needs ABSOLUTE CONDEMNATION.

I also believe that conservatives don't realize that CIVIL LIBERTIES force the Kafka-like bureaucracy to do their homework, to assign a captain who follows up on a detainee languishing for months forgotten about.

Only the Iraqis are seeing the picture of the insurgents and of the Americans more accurately than you or I.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

I can assure you that the Iraqis loathe you more than the insurgents. They believe that as long as you are there, the insurgents will continue to fight back. The disease is the American occupation. The insurgency is the pain. You have to get rid of the disease to get rid of the pain.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
No doubt what you and I say are both quite true.

And the insurgency won't end once the Americans leave.
It will morph into a power play as it already is doing, by killing their fellow muslim citizens.

They too are blurring the clarity of their purpose.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
Poor Saddam hasn't changed his underwear, someone should shove it down his throat and let him choke on it.

a little savage. With that kind of attitude......no need to complain about how other "savages" treat americans when they are kidnapped, is there.

Seems that both are made from the same cloth. Cruelty.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
So I vented, I don't need your psychological analysis, save it for your couch.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

... the couch is doing quite fine.. :wink:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Do the insurgents promote democracy by killing Iraqi policeman, killing children getting a piece of candy from an American soldier?

Please understand that the "insurgents" are really Iraqi resistance fighters who attack Americans and anyone who appears to cooperate with the Americans. Theirs is a total war. They will do anything to get rid of the invaders. None appreciate their so-called "shock and awe" liberation. Americans talk about "the enemy" but were any of these people enemies before the invasion? They certainly are now.

And BTW, how many mosques were destroyed in Falujah by bombs and rockets and white phosphorous?

I'm sure that bombs from high altitude have killed more children than anything else.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
#juan ?

My questions still stand. Spin won't undo them.

Why do you think al Qaeda requested Zarqawi to refrain from targeting Iraqi policeman, Iraqi soldiers, Iraqi tribal leaders, Iraqi women and children, Sunni and shia mosques ?

Because they don't think Zarqawi's all out rogue methods are going to maintain the level of support they have now.

--------------------------------------------------------

Do the inurgents promote democracy bythreatening potential voters?

(By the way the heroism of Iraqi voters stepping over the pieces of corpse of a suicide bomber and spitting on it on their way to vote is absolutely priceless).

Do the insurgents promote democracy by severing the heads of peace protesters from the West ? Or kidnapping them ?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

It is more US paranoia thats all.

I would also wager when Saddam takes the stand, none or not much of his testimony will be made public, let alone have it shown live. The USG is scared shitless what he may say and let the rest of the world know the Bush Crime Family's dirty little secrets, especially those secrets that would make poppa bush and rumsfeld shown to be the dirty little buggers they really are.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

no1important said:
It is more US paranoia thats all.

I would also wager when Saddam takes the stand, none or not much of his testimony will be made public, let alone have it shown live. The USG is scared shitless what he may say and let the rest of the world know the Bush Crime Family's dirty little secrets, especially those secrets that would make poppa bush and rumsfeld shown to be the dirty little buggers they really are.

agree........about the US "paranoia " . They see goblins and gooks in their own shadows now. :wink: (gotta keep the sheeple afraid........ya know :roll:

and will not take that wager. :) We will get exactly what the US wants the west to get about this trial and nothing more. So it's validity is null and void. The deck is stacked...

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I would also wager when Saddam takes the stand, none or not much of his testimony will be made public, let alone have it shown live.
------------------------------------------no1important-----

Very provincial view. Parochial. It's true in your part of the world, because it doesn't sell here. It goes against the prevailing prejudice here.

But !

The nielson ratings for that show is hitting the roof and beyond on Baghdad and Kurdistan and Shia TV and on al Jazeera and Abu Dai.

They're sharing radios and TVs listening and watching every minute of it.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Obviously that article would never have been written by a Shi-ite or Kurd, nor from the town of Sammara where the insurgents killed a much loved and respected town chief, an elder of the large extended family of sunni.

It was written by a western liberal with no clue, except one matter: that of allowing Saddam and his defense lawyers to cross-examine witnesses.

In our world that is a bad thing, but the Iraqi court is making security of the alleged witnesses the highest priority to the detriment of Saddam's defense and would find it heinous for anyone brave enough to speak to be killed and their family killed. Same for Saddam's defense lawyers.

There's alot of hatred and pain here.

And all the eyes of every town in Iraq is watching the Trial of Saddam, some hoping this trial lasts for years.

Like the World Court (European) did to Slobodovan Milosovec of Serbia.